Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre: Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
12th April 2018
AOR Received.
29th May 2018
File Transfer...
In process since July 12 2018, File transferred to Scarborough, Ontario on May 24th 2019
Interview........
September 4th 2019 Citizenship Test/Interview
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
No. When i call they say its in Scarborough and wait for date. they didnt mention if its in transit or in any other intermediate state. See below the response to my last webform inquiry. This was on Jun 24

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are happy to provide you with information that will help you understand the current status of your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults.

• Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Scarborough, Ontario. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
  • The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.
  • We recommend that you verify the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to you.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."
Just Wondering so if its moved to another processing office they recheck all the eligibility that was already done by your previous office.

sjjhala

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Has anyone got a test invite for a date that comes on a Saturday afternoon? At Mississauga Location? or any Location? One person I know got such an invite. Was wondering that what would have happened so suddenly that 'the office' is also working on a Saturday afternoon? :)

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Has anyone got a test invite for a date that comes on a Saturday afternoon? At Mississauga Location? or any Location? One person I know got such an invite. Was wondering that what would have happened so suddenly that 'the office' is also working on a Saturday afternoon? :)
I believe it's fairly common for IRCC to schedule on some weekends (may be not all).

mlbwhf

Jun 7, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Visa Office......
London
Hi why not we start a petition to minister of immigration and PM that we wanted to vote in next election, for all people who have been in process for 12 Month specially in Mississauga office?
let me know who is interested and we can start a thread just for that

Reactions: Canville

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
That will never work and is wrong on many accounts. Votes should be given to the right candidate who has the right vision for the future of the country, and not to someone who promises or speeds up your immigration application. I know we have been waiting for 12 months, but would you give your vote to someone who gave you citizenship but ruined the economy or wait for a few more months and vote for someone who fixes and strengthens the economy ?

xxx00id

Aug 16, 2018
I would say it should be the other way around.

All Mississauga, Brampton and Milton MP's FAILED in representing and advocating their residences needs.

They should raise the Mississauga processing time issues looooong time ago and ask for more resources for this busy office to keep equality nation wide

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I would say it should be the other way around.

All Mississauga, Brampton and Milton MP's FAILED in representing and advocating their residences needs.

They should raise the Mississauga processing time issues looooong time ago and ask for more resources for this busy office to keep equality nation wide
Agreed to this. We should start petition against these MPs as they failed to take up this matter which is critical to people of their constituents

Jam-Unit

Jul 15, 2019
I must disagree here, the federal gov’t is responsible for citizenship grant and having passed bill C-16, which reduced the physical presence requirement to be in Canada before applying for citizenship. The honourable minister of immigration along with his technocrats should have anticipated the subsequent significant increase in citizenship applications and put in place measures to mitigate the current backlog being experienced esp. in the GTA and other heavily populated regions.

Some of the steps they could have taken include hiring more administrative staff and judges, increase the frequency of testing and oath ceremonies utilizing weekends if necessary.

This whole situation is unacceptable and could have been prevented and is made worse because in the next three months a federal election is due, that a lot of applicants won't be eligible to participate in. Not because their applications are non-standard or wasn't submitted in time to be processed, but simply because they happen to reside in the most populous regions of the country.

mlbwhf

Jun 7, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Visa Office......
London
the idea is not to blame any MP, it is only to focus on current situation that we were in process for 1 year, and would like to make sure we are able to vote in next election, it could be to our Prime Minister and Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, it is not about complaining it is just to make sure we vote in next election regardless of what problem, and it will be exclusive from members who had been in process for 12 month, or will be 12 month by next October

Last edited:

mlbwhf

Jun 7, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Visa Office......
London
I must disagree here, the federal gov’t is responsible for citizenship grant and having passed bill C-16, which reduced the physical presence requirement to be in Canada before applying for citizenship. The honourable minister of immigration along with his technocrats should have anticipated the subsequent significant increase in citizenship applications and put in place measures to mitigate the current backlog being experienced esp. in the GTA and other heavily populated regions.

Some of the steps they could have taken include hiring more administrative staff and judges, increase the frequency of testing and oath ceremonies utilizing weekends if necessary.

This whole situation is unacceptable and could have been prevented and is made worse because in the next three months a federal election is due, that a lot of applicants won't be eligible to participate in. Not because their applications are non-standard or wasn't submitted in time to be processed, but simply because they happen to reside in the most populous regions of the country.
or they could at least redistribute files to the office with less pressure, but that is not what we are looking for, we need just to focus on one goal to vote on next election regardless of what happening we had been in process for 12 month or more

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Got Medical Instructions on 08-Jul after mail to CPP
Med's Done....
10-Jul-2014 (Uploaded 15-Jul-2014)
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sep-2014(Initially passport was returned back due to Damaged passport so got reissued and send again)
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014
Do you guys think 80% of GTA citizenship cases get processed within 12 months? Not sure if this 80% number for giving processing time is applicable to GTA or not