Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre: Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
12th April 2018
AOR Received.
29th May 2018
File Transfer...
In process since July 12 2018, File transferred to Scarborough, Ontario on May 24th 2019
Interview........
September 4th 2019 Citizenship Test/Interview
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
Has anyone contacted the Immigration Minister and if yes, have they gotten any response back?

msibai

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Schedule A Update: 03-10-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 28-10-2014
AOR Received.
SLU: 21-08-2015
File Transfer...
TLU: 02-10-2015
Med's Request
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-10-2015
Passport Req..
16-11-2015 | Submitted: 17-11-2015 | Dec Made: 19-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2015
LANDED..........
05-03-2016
Hello Mississauga cohort,
This is my very first post in this thread.
I have submitted my application early March 2019 and currently my app is in process since June 2019.
I live in Mississauga, so I presume that my file goes to Mississauga office.
Due to a death of a family member abroad and as a Syrian who cannot renew my passport, my file was just converted to "Urgent Processing".
So far, no change in ecas, it still shows "In Process".

My question is, does anyone in Mississauga office experienced the urgent processing, how long "roughly" did it took with him/her? I know it is a case by case, I just want to get the average.

Best, Mohamad

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
August mississauga applicant here...just got email invitation to write the test on august 14th 2019. Sent application august 24th and was received august 27th. Started processing Dec 4th and today got the test invitation.

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
Amazing if they have started inviting people from late august. Did u apply for urgent is it normal processing?
Normal processing

vitoriaboy

Aug 26, 2017
Hello Mississauga cohort,
This is my very first post in this thread.
I have submitted my application early March 2019 and currently my app is in process since June 2019.
I live in Mississauga, so I presume that my file goes to Mississauga office.
Due to a death of a family member abroad and as a Syrian who cannot renew my passport, my file was just converted to "Urgent Processing".
So far, no change in ecas, it still shows "In Process".

My question is, does anyone in Mississauga office experienced the urgent processing, how long "roughly" did it took with him/her? I know it is a case by case, I just want to get the average.

Best, Mohamad
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your family member. May their soul rest in peace. I think you have a genuine case for urgent processing and they should process your case faster. How did you get it "converted" to urgent processing? Did you call them? Did you receive an email confirming that it is now being processed urgently?

msibai

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Schedule A Update: 03-10-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 28-10-2014
AOR Received.
SLU: 21-08-2015
File Transfer...
TLU: 02-10-2015
Med's Request
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-10-2015
Passport Req..
16-11-2015 | Submitted: 17-11-2015 | Dec Made: 19-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2015
LANDED..........
05-03-2016
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your family member. May their soul rest in peace. I think you have a genuine case for urgent processing and they should process your case faster. How did you get it "converted" to urgent processing? Did you call them? Did you receive an email confirming that it is now being processed urgently?
Thanks @vitoriaboy ,
I have submitted an online web form request, the same one used for the address change, I have attached the death certificate and explained my situation that there is no Syrian Embassy in Canada, my current Passport is already expired and that the Canadian Travel document is not a valid document to travel to Saudi Arabia were my family are. Then few days later I called the CIC, they, have double checked my information in the system, including the phone numbers, email and the address, the agent then told me that it takes about 10 business days to process online requests and that an IRCC officer will check it and decide. Few days later (July 10 to be specific), I got an email from IRCC that says:
We verified the information you provided regarding the urgent request and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.​

Since then, my ecas was not changed and I am not sure how things should go.
I have read somewhere that they might split my file from the family application!
The most important question to me is that I had no clue from the spreadsheet on how long does it take Mississauga office to process urgent applications.

Regards

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Thanks @vitoriaboy ,
I have submitted an online web form request, the same one used for the address change, I have attached the death certificate and explained my situation that there is no Syrian Embassy in Canada, my current Passport is already expired and that the Canadian Travel document is not a valid document to travel to Saudi Arabia were my family are. Then few days later I called the CIC, they, have double checked my information in the system, including the phone numbers, email and the address, the agent then told me that it takes about 10 business days to process online requests and that an IRCC officer will check it and decide. Few days later (July 10 to be specific), I got an email from IRCC that says:
We verified the information you provided regarding the urgent request and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.​

Since then, my ecas was not changed and I am not sure how things should go.
I have read somewhere that they might split my file from the family application!
The most important question to me is that I had no clue from the spreadsheet on how long does it take Mississauga office to process urgent applications.

Regards
Hello dear,

Sorry for your loss!! From the email, it doesn't seem like that they have actually accepted it as urgent. The only way to know would be to call them again.

canada4evr

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Hi Guys.. so I am almost here at the end of my journey for my application for Citizenship. Today I have taken my test and the interview. I have been invited on spot to attend tomorrow's oath taking ceremony. I am June 2018 applicant and file was transferred on May end 2019 to Scarborough. Oath taking will be at Scarborough as well. Good luck for everyone and wish you all best... thanks for this amazing forum which I been following for years. You are all great

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
That's all nice and all but why would you attach spreadsheets from this forum? People don't always log in here and update info and also people that maintain those sheets sometimes miss someones information. Also the nick names are not valid evidence as anyone can create those. To government those sheets mean nothing. Only thing that will work getting signatures with real names and it will have to be a lot of them. I have been it the same boat as everyone else from this region and the only thing that worked was patience and waiting. It will come...IRCC dose depend on other agencies as well and we don't know what kind of backlog they have.

Last edited:

rum21

Jan 18, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am a December 2018 applicant (Etobicoke, ON) and my status is 'In Process' since March 2019. I had applied for GCMS notes recently which wasn't of much help but it did specify that my file will be processed by the Mississauga office.

Having read many of the comments in this forum it is unlikely that my application will be processed before the year end. I'm in a bit of a dilemma since I'm due to fly to India in April 2020. I maybe overthinking but I'm nervous of a possibility where I receive the test and oath close to the date of my departure. Since I possess Indian citizenship I don't have to worry about entering or exiting India, however, if I receive the Canadian citizenship, I would have to apply for the Visa which takes some time to process. I worry about not having enough time to organize everything.

I cannot postpone my trip and only hope that I'm able complete the citizenship process within the stipulated 12 months time +/-, but would love to hear if anyone is/has been in my situation before.

Also, Mississauga office is notorious for taking time to process applications. What's the fastest / longest time this office has taken? I ask this since the spreadsheet reflects a fraction of actual Mississauga applicants hence just curious.

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi Everyone,

I am a December 2018 applicant (Etobicoke, ON) and my status is 'In Process' since March 2019. I had applied for GCMS notes recently which wasn't of much help but it did specify that my file will be processed by the Mississauga office.

Having read many of the comments in this forum it is unlikely that my application will be processed before the year end. I'm in a bit of a dilemma since I'm due to fly to India in April 2020. I maybe overthinking but I'm nervous of a possibility where I receive the test and oath close to the date of my departure. Since I possess Indian citizenship I don't have to worry about entering or exiting India, however, if I receive the Canadian citizenship, I would have to apply for the Visa which takes some time to process. I worry about not having enough time to organize everything.

I cannot postpone my trip and only hope that I'm able complete the citizenship process within the stipulated 12 months time +/-, but would love to hear if anyone is/has been in my situation before.

Also, Mississauga office is notorious for taking time to process applications. What's the fastest / longest time this office has taken? I ask this since the spreadsheet reflects a fraction of actual Mississauga applicants hence just curious.

Hello my friend,

I would suggest you send web inquiry informing them of your situation and wait a few weeks. After that call them to make sure they got your request and talk to agent and tell him that you been waiting since such and such date and if he could send request to the processing office to see whats happening with your application as you haven't heard nothing from them since you received AOR i assume. This will trigger a local agent to go back to your application and look at it and it might push it forward as it is already over due... Good luck!