+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

John_D416

Nov 13, 2012
Hi All,

How many guests can I take along with myself to a Citizenship ceremony?

Mine is coming up on April 4 (Mississauga Office). I want to take my parents along.

Would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on this topic.

Thanks in advance!
I was there today for my wife's Oath , I don't think there is a limit.The guests sit on the side isles if should happen to be full for guests they would stand in back of room or watch on live tv outside of room.

Reactions: UPPI

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Anyone recently got test invites ? Looks like mississauga office has paused giving out test invites.
You are a May applicant from Mississauga; I don't think you should expect anything before 1 to 2 months unless you are extremely lucky!
and I agree it seems no one is reporting test invites from Mississauga lately (last couple of weeks).

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Anyone recently got test invites ? Looks like mississauga office has paused giving out test invites.
Please don't forget that this forum is HIGHLY selective. Based on what IRCC employees told me when I was at the Mississauga office they are working like crazy these days, with weekend shifts and everything. Every year hundreds of thousands of people get citizenship. But you don't see hundreds of thousands of people in this forum.

Reactions: Artist777

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
March 2018 got their decision made but Feb 2018 still waiting for test invite. Do you know how their system works?
The system is not First in first out. It is VERY ROUGHLY first in first out, but definitely not down to the month. There are many things that come into play: Security background checks take longer or shorter depending on the countries you lived in and so on.

In a bit of a simplified way: A February 2018 applicant would - under normal circumstances - most likely be fully processed before an October 2018 applicant, but could come before or after a March 2018/April 2018/May 2018 applicant.

As a February 2018 applicant there is nothing wrong with you still being in process. Some made it through already, many haven't. Don't get overly nervous.

Majidqta

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Quetta, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
July 2012
IELTS Request
send with Docs
File Transfer...
13 Apr 2010
Med's Request
9 May 2012
Med's Done....
1 Jun 2012 Re-medical 3 Jul 13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 Aug 2013
LANDED..........
4 Oct 2013
Reactions: Fallen_Warrior

ashu1175

Jun 14, 2013
Reactions: SANAGhada

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
All those who are waiting for Test invite and crossed 12 months.

Use below link to provide feedback. This might help.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards/citizenship-grants.html

And also apply for GCMS notes. https://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca
GCMS notes contains all communication done between departments with dates. This might give you some information about what is going on and current stage.

Best of luck.

I have the GCMS notes but its very convoluted and hard to understand. Can you suggest what i am looking for?