+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Got my GCMS notes just now.. Disappointing :mad:.. Nothing happened in last 14 months except, file moved from Mississauga to Scarborough last November!

Knowledge: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started
Criminality: Passed

Though file generated on Feb 13th and my last Due Date on file was Feb 25 :(
That due date means nothing .. my due date was 6 months ago and I am still waiting

And my criminality was also “passed” more than a year ago, but it’s going through a second round now

Afarp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
That due date means nothing .. my due date was 6 months ago and I am still waiting

And my criminality was also “passed” more than a year ago, but it’s going through a second round now
send an email to NDP MP and critic for IRCC in the house
explain to her the your MP was enough helph full

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hello All to people who have already taken oath at Mississauga office.

How many people participated in your oath ceremony? I mean what is the batch size usually in Mississauga for oath?

Thanks in advance!

ByeUKhelloCA

Oct 27, 2017

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Greetings friends. Today my husband picked up his Canadian passport. I have been on this forum seeking advice and support since 2012 when I sponsored my husband. Thank you all for your help. I have been studying in the US for the last two years, but my husband has been unable to attain a US visa to visit me; I have been travelling back and forth from New Jersey to Toronto 1-2 times a month so we can be together. Everyone has a reason for why they want to be a citizen and so it can be frustrating when the process takes so long. Allow people to vent, allow people to celebrate, allow this to be a safe space. Thanks again and good luck!

ID: Nessasary
Application type: single
Physical Presence: 1201 days
App sent: 27 January 2018
App received: 01 February 2018
AOR: 05 March 2018
IP: 24 April 2018
Test Invite: 23 January 2019
Test Date: 11 February 2019 (Scarborough)
DM: 12 February 2019
Oath Invite: 21 February 2019
Oath Date: 12 March 2019
Application Complete: 13 March 2019

Feb 5, 2019
I became a Canadian citizen yesterday! I just want to thank all the persons on this forum who made this wait bearable. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Here is my timeline that can be added to the tracker to help with stats.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 11, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 23, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 5, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on August 9, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on February 4, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 16, 2019 at 12:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    *Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

6. We sent you a notice on February 22, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 14, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  7. You became a Canadian citizen on March 14, 2019.

Reactions: Mrva21

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

I got "Decision Made" status today.

Application type : Single
Physical Presence : 1130 days
App sent : 01 February 2018
App received : 05 February 2018
AOR : 06 March 2018
In Process : 10 May 2018
FP Request : 20 August 2018
Test/Interview Invite : 20 February 2019
Test/Interview Date : 11 March 2019 (Mississauga)
Decision Made : 20 March 2019
Oath Invite : Waiting
Oath Date : Waiting

Kindly update the spreadsheet.

Reactions: Mrva21

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards/citizenship-grants.html

for all those who are waiting more than 12 months.. i encourage to go and give the feedback.,....apparently the government has some service commitment.... processing more than 80% files within the time frame... to the very least they`ll know the complaints officially..!!!
They claim to process 80% of routine application. Now as to people waiting more than a year can be claimed as non routine. They always keep a door open to blame

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I have never got additional information request..or FP request.. or anything else... so my app is still a ROUTINE one.. + passed normal processing times... so my complaint is valid :) :p
Be careful what you wish for ...
I went on for 17 months with no request for anything until I got FP request last month - just because you are “routine” now doesn’t mean you won’t be non-routine along the way ....

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Be careful what you wish for ...
I went on for 17 months with no request for anything until I got FP request last month - just because you are “routine” now doesn’t mean you won’t be non-routine along the way ....
Damn eh ... FP after 17 months of processing. Idk what's wrong with IRCC lately.

I am planning to go FC mandamus route but usually lawyers say we have to wait 3 years from the date we have applied. Idk what else I can do. Sometimes I think to just go back home permanently as this process has no end for me.

ashu1175

Jun 14, 2013
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards/citizenship-grants.html

for all those who are waiting more than 12 months.. i encourage to go and give the feedback.,....apparently the government has some service commitment.... processing more than 80% files within the time frame... to the very least they`ll know the complaints officially..!!!
I have already done that on 28th Feb. 17 months completed yesterday. I don't feel they are really worried about processing times anymore.