Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi everyone!!

Has anyone received oath ceremony invite and given it from out of Canada? Please let me know, Thanks!
The agent told me you CAN take oath outside but you must have a valid reason like medical or funeral and have supporting documents.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Reactions: boomshanker

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There have been at least two cases reported here of people who took oath outside Canada. One is a first hand report another one is of a second/third degree connection.
Interesting. Can you please share link here? Not came across any such case.

Eshtemler

Feb 20, 2020
Toronto
Hi Members, wanted your opinion or suggestions on the best way forward. My file is being processed as the Mississauga office, and there has been absolute no movement on my application since November 2021, I asked my member of parliament, requested notes, nothing changed.

what can be done now. Do I reach out to them over the phone? Email them? Is there any way to get things processed or just a waiting game which can be months / years!
Reaching to PM is useless, at least based on my experience. They just echo back what you already see in your tracker. They only provide this followup service to have it on their resume and look good. In my opinion try calling IRCC and catch their heart over the phone. They can put a note on your application to be reviewed by the case officer. It worked for me, got test invite after almost 3 years.

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, Oath was done on Apr 30 but haven't received citizenship certificate .I contacted Mississauga Office and they replied that certificate was mailed on May 3.

My concern is , what if it would have got lost in transit ..a week for a letter from Missauga to Brampton. What can I do..Please advise.

I have to travel as soon as I get my passport.
Their standard response is 2-4 weeks post oath ceremony; and if you do not get it post 6 weeks, to call them.

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Their standard response is 2-4 weeks post oath ceremony; and if you do not get it post 6 weeks, to call them.
I sent an email to them and thy advised that it was dispatched on May 3 that too with regular mail ..( there is no tracking / express service ) .Can you believe this such an important document and looks like it is lost in transit.When I call CIC, as usual it does not get transferred.

How can I check what address they have on file ? Also how to get a new certificate if this is lost ?

Thanks