Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Anyone else did their FP in March and the BG status has yet to change?

Funny thing is, I got invited for the test right after FP request. Test is updated to Completed but BG has yet to change. Anyone else?
Background check takes time esp. with a FP request - it all depends on the agencies involved and how fast they are able to update CIC. If it has been a long time (over 3-5 Months after FP)- get your notes to see where it stands.

Reactions: TasmanianTiger

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
Thank you.
Family - 2
Paper application
Your application was processed very fast. I got AOR in Apr 2021 (paper application), everything but ceremony was completed Feb 2022 and I'm still waiting. Family of 4. Also Mississauga office.

Reactions: Yesha Dave

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
Background check takes time esp. with a FP request - it all depends on the agencies involved and how fast they are able to update CIC. If it has been a long time (over 3-5 Months after FP)- get your notes to see where it stands.
Thanks for the response. My Fingerprints result has since been received by CIC on the 24th of April, 2022 but has yet to update to Completed. Most people who submitted after me have been reporting BG status updated to Completed but not mine asides from my Citizenship Test - which is set to Completed two days after I did the test. Just curious why.

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Your application was processed very fast. I got AOR in Apr 2021 (paper application), everything but ceremony was completed Feb 2022 and I'm still waiting. Family of 4. Also Mississauga office.
Felt like I was lucky. It is little frustrating to see the oath coming for august & sept 2021 applicants while 2019 & 2020 applicants are still waiting. CIC should do first come first serve or at least they should clear up the old applications first instead of working on the new one.

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi All, Oath was done on Apr 30 but haven't received citizenship certificate .I contacted Mississauga Office and they replied that certificate was mailed on May 3.

My concern is , what if it would have got lost in transit ..a week for a letter from Missauga to Brampton. What can I do..Please advise.

I have to travel as soon as I get my passport.

KathieB

Mar 16, 2018
Hi everyone!!

Has anyone received oath ceremony invite and given it from out of Canada? Please let me know, Thanks!