+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Dec 16, 2020
I think the closest official explanation we have is from this post. There's also this theory where they say it might mean DeFerred but I think it is less likely. I personally think, it means decision finalized, but like the due dates in the notes, they just don't adhere to them. On the flipside, I too have E-Grant DF in my notes which is weird cuz my prohibitions are still in progress. So, who knows what it means? lol
my LPP also completed by Oct 17th

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Has anyone seen new oath from Mississauga office ? I haven’t seen new oath invitations from Mississauga office since three weeks

My timeline

5th September - Application submit
16th October - AOR
26th October- Background verification done
6 Nov 2023- Exam Invitation
25 Nov 2023 - Exam done
27 Nov 2023 - Exam status updated
5 Dec 2023 - LLP updated
Mississauga office
Same boat, haven't heard anything and now its been 3 weeks. I suspect oath ceremonies will be scheduled for Feb/Mar. Hopefully I am wrong and it's much sooner however I can't complain because other people have been waiting much longer.

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Me. LPP completed on Nov 2nd.
I ordered my GCMS notes and it says decision finalized, that citizenship has been granted but no oath invite in sight
since you mentioned "decision finalized," what is the file location right now you have in your application / from last GCMS note??
is it location: e/Grant DF?
I don't see any notes / text written on my GCMS notes just all passed (except security hidden) but I see you have a lot of notes from officer exposed

Any help is welcome,,, the road to decipher DF code

Last edited:
Reactions: adbcca

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
since you mentioned "decision finalized," what is the file location right now you have in your application / from last GCMS note??
I don't see any notes / text written on my GCMS notes just all passed (except security hidden) but I see you have a lot of notes from officer exposed

Mississauga IRCC

I found something interesting though:
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: TFR-Workload (re)-distribution

And "All Assessments have been passed. One Time Waiver Applied. It appears that applicant has met the requirements for Citizenship."

No clue about what the one time waiver means, or the TFR workload is for.

Reactions: hemeda2

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020

I’ve always thought DF means Decision Finalized. However, I believe DF means Decision Forwarded; which I think is that the agents checked everything and it looks fine and a decision is positive, and it just needs the “main” or “granting” officer to review and approve “grant” citizenship. That’s when LPP completes and the GCMS notes will show something like citizenship is granted.

Reactions: adbcca and hemeda2

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
And "All Assessments have been passed. One Time Waiver Applied. It appears that applicant has met the requirements for Citizenship."

this is Interesting

Mississauga IRCC

Sorry I meant the file location not the office, always something like Location: Grant XXX

I mentioned them here
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-citizenship-application-statuses-and-their-presumed-meanings.829914/#post-10702106

#LocationPresumed MeaningDescription
1E-Grants InventoryApplication is in the system and waiting to be processed.The application has been entered into IRCC's inventory but hasn't started the processing phase. It's queued for the initial review and processing.
2In TransitApplication is being transferred between IRCC offices.Indicates the application is moving, either physically or electronically, from one IRCC office to another for processing, possibly due to jurisdictional needs or specialized processing.
3RegistryFile received by the registry at the new IRCC office.The application has arrived at its designated IRCC office and is registered in their system, awaiting the next steps in the process.
4E-Grant Test ReadyApplicant is ready for the citizenship test.The applicant is assessed as ready to take the citizenship test. This status can be assigned before or after the test is scheduled.
5E-Grant Grant Review ReadyTest completed, application ready for detailed review.After the citizenship test is marked completed, the application is prepared for a detailed review, usually the final step before a decision.
6E-Grant Ceremony ReadyReady for the citizenship oath ceremony.All prerequisites (physical presence, language, prohibitions) are complete, and the applicant is ready for the oath ceremony.
7E-Grant Pending DocsAwaiting additional documents for the application.The processing of the application is paused until the applicant submits additional required documents.
8E-Grant Review Ready PM01Ready for review by an officer (PM01 level).The application is ready for a review by a primary officer, often for less complex cases.
9E-Grant PR StatusAwaiting verification of Permanent Resident status.The application may be in a stage where the authorities are verifying the applicant's permanent resident status.
10E-Grant DFDecision Finalized or similar.This term is ambiguous but may indicate that a decision on the application has been finalized.
11E-Grant Interview ScheduledCitizenship interview has been scheduled.An interview related to the citizenship application has been arranged for the applicant.
12E-Grant Review ReadyApplication is ready for review.The application has reached a stage where it is awaiting a comprehensive review by immigration officials.
13Project EndeavourSpecific internal project or code.This term is unclear without context but may refer to a special project or classification within the immigration process.
14E-Grant Follow-UpRequires additional follow-up or clarification.The application needs further action or clarification before proceeding to the next stage.
15E-Grant PEPending Evaluation or similar.The meaning is not clear, but it might relate to an evaluation or processing stage that is pending.
16E-Grant Review Ready PM03Ready for review by an officer (PM03 level).Similar to PM01, but for an officer with a PM03 designation, indicating a different tier of case review or complexity.
17Grant Review Ready M01Similar to E-Grant Review Ready PM01.Indicates readiness for review, possibly by an officer with a similar designation to PM01.
18Grant PR StatusSimilar to E-Grant PR Status.The application is at a stage where verification of the applicant's Permanent Resident status is pending.
19Grant CessationRelated to cessation of application.Suggests a potential halt or termination in the application process, needing more context for clarity.
20Grant Ceremony DFDecision Finalized for ceremony scheduling.used when someone's ceremony was cancelled due to an administrative error,

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
I’ve always thought DF means Decision Finalized. However, I believe DF means Decision Forwarded; which I think is that the agents checked everything and it looks fine and a decision is positive, and it just needs the “main” or “granting” officer to review and approve “grant” citizenship. That’s when LPP completes and the GCMS notes will show something like citizenship is granted.
I second this it makes sense

Last edited:

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
this is Interesting

Sorry I meant the file location not the office, always something like Location: Grant XXX

I mentioned them here
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-citizenship-application-statuses-and-their-presumed-meanings.829914/#post-10702106

#LocationPresumed MeaningDescription
1E-Grants InventoryApplication is in the system and waiting to be processed.The application has been entered into IRCC's inventory but hasn't started the processing phase. It's queued for the initial review and processing.
2In TransitApplication is being transferred between IRCC offices.Indicates the application is moving, either physically or electronically, from one IRCC office to another for processing, possibly due to jurisdictional needs or specialized processing.
3RegistryFile received by the registry at the new IRCC office.The application has arrived at its designated IRCC office and is registered in their system, awaiting the next steps in the process.
4E-Grant Test ReadyApplicant is ready for the citizenship test.The applicant is assessed as ready to take the citizenship test. This status can be assigned before or after the test is scheduled.
5E-Grant Grant Review ReadyTest completed, application ready for detailed review.After the citizenship test is marked completed, the application is prepared for a detailed review, usually the final step before a decision.
6E-Grant Ceremony ReadyReady for the citizenship oath ceremony.All prerequisites (physical presence, language, prohibitions) are complete, and the applicant is ready for the oath ceremony.
7E-Grant Pending DocsAwaiting additional documents for the application.The processing of the application is paused until the applicant submits additional required documents.
8E-Grant Review Ready PM01Ready for review by an officer (PM01 level).The application is ready for a review by a primary officer, often for less complex cases.
9E-Grant PR StatusAwaiting verification of Permanent Resident status.The application may be in a stage where the authorities are verifying the applicant's permanent resident status.
10E-Grant DFDecision Finalized or similar.This term is ambiguous but may indicate that a decision on the application has been finalized.
11E-Grant Interview ScheduledCitizenship interview has been scheduled.An interview related to the citizenship application has been arranged for the applicant.
12E-Grant Review ReadyApplication is ready for review.The application has reached a stage where it is awaiting a comprehensive review by immigration officials.
13Project EndeavourSpecific internal project or code.This term is unclear without context but may refer to a special project or classification within the immigration process.
14E-Grant Follow-UpRequires additional follow-up or clarification.The application needs further action or clarification before proceeding to the next stage.
15E-Grant PEPending Evaluation or similar.The meaning is not clear, but it might relate to an evaluation or processing stage that is pending.
16E-Grant Review Ready PM03Ready for review by an officer (PM03 level).Similar to PM01, but for an officer with a PM03 designation, indicating a different tier of case review or complexity.
17Grant Review Ready M01Similar to E-Grant Review Ready PM01.Indicates readiness for review, possibly by an officer with a similar designation to PM01.
18Grant PR StatusSimilar to E-Grant PR Status.The application is at a stage where verification of the applicant's Permanent Resident status is pending.
19Grant CessationRelated to cessation of application.Suggests a potential halt or termination in the application process, needing more context for clarity.
20Grant Ceremony DFDecision Finalized for ceremony scheduling.used when someone's ceremony was cancelled due to an administrative error,
It just says 'In Transit'

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Mississauga IRCC

I found something interesting though:
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: TFR-Workload (re)-distribution

TFR stands for transfer

Reactions: hemeda2