+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone. Today my status was updated. Now everything is completed and only the ceremony "not started". May I ask - does it mean that I will not have an interview, FP and will not be asked to send my scanned passport?
It means "Decision Made" and can be used synonymously with "Application Approved" in most cases. And yes, it is very unlikely for you to receive FP, interview or PP pages request after this. You are in line for oath.

You are an April 2020 applicant, aren't you?

Good luck!

questionsgirl

Jul 20, 2021
It means "Decision Made" and can be used synonymously with "Application Approved" in most cases. And yes, it is very unlikely for you to receive FP, interview or PP pages request after this. You are in line for oath.

You are an April 2020 applicant, aren't you?

Good luck!
Thank you!
Yes, I have sent my application on April, 2020, and got AOR in October, 5th. And, yes, in this new tracker the status is "in progress" and in the old e-case my status is DM

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you!
Yes, I have sent my application on April, 2020, and got AOR in October, 5th. And, yes, in this new tracker the status is "in progress" and in the old e-case my status is DM
The new dashboard will never go to "Decision Made" status (guess it isn't designed that way). The final status on your new dashboard would be "Complete" I think and that'll happen a few days after oath.

Reactions: questionsgirl

questionsgirl

Jul 20, 2021
The new dashboard will never go to "Decision Made" status (guess it isn't designed that way). The final status on your new dashboard would be "Complete" I think and that'll happen a few days after oath.
it means that it is the very last step left for me, right? and, I guess, Noone knows how long it might take before the Oath invitation?

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Thank you!
Congrats !!

I requested for GCMS notes and within the notes I can see that it has been mentioned by the officer that "correspondence from our office requesting passport photocopies is forthcoming" .and that update is one month old now. Just wondering how long will it take them to send me an email based on this update. I m already waiting since 5.5 months after the test but status is still "In Progress" and only background check and test hv been shown as completed in the tracker.

Does anyone hv any idea on below:

1) Do I need to scan only the pp pages with stamps on them or all the pages ?
2) Should those passports be from last 5-6 years since I hv become PR or older passport pages are required as well ?
3) How long does usually oath takes after sending them the pp pages ?

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Congrats !!

I requested for GCMS notes and within the notes I can see that it has been mentioned by the officer that "correspondence from our office requesting passport photocopies is forthcoming" .and that update is one month old now. Just wondering how long will it take them to send me an email based on this update. I m already waiting since 5.5 months after the test but status is still "In Progress" and only background check and test hv been shown as completed in the tracker.

Does anyone hv any idea on below:

1) Do I need to scan only the pp pages with stamps on them or all the pages ?
2) Should those passports be from last 5-6 years since I hv become PR or older passport pages are required as well ?
3) How long does usually oath takes after sending them the pp pages ?
1. All pages = All pages. All the pages (with stamp, without stamp, empty, bio pages etc) of all passports that were valid during your eligibility period.

2. Read the answer to Q1.

3. There is no standard timeline. The application first has to go to "Decision Made" status after you submit passport pages. Then, you'll be put in line for oath. There isn't a standard timeline. Expect something like 3 to 5 months for oath (could happen sooner).

Also, don't forget, if there's anything on the passport that isn't in English or French, you'll have to get it translated.

Keep em' ready and you can submit them once you receive the request.

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
1. All pages = All pages. All the pages (with stamp, without stamp, empty, bio pages etc) of all passports that were valid during your eligibility period.

2. Read the answer to Q1.

3. There is no standard timeline. The application first has to go to "Decision Made" status after you submit passport pages. Then, you'll be put in line for oath. There isn't a standard timeline. Expect something like 3 to 5 months for oath (could happen sooner).

Also, don't forget, if there's anything on the passport that isn't in English or French, you'll have to get it translated.

Keep em' ready and you can submit them once you receive the request.
Thanks for your response.

Today, everything updated to "Completed" in the new tool except Oath while the status is still showing "In Progress" BUT on ECAS the status has been updated to "Decision Made".
Next step should be oath date. How soon should I expect the oath date now ? Whats the average in mississauga from DM to Oath?

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
Thanks for your response.

Today, everything updated to "Completed" in the new tool while on ECAS the status has been updated to "Decision Made".
I assume the next step will be oath date. How soon should I expect the oath date now ?
Congratulations and Welcome to the Waiting-for-Oath club!!

We are waiting here since last week, some people have been waiting in this Status for 4-5 months as well.
Like every other step in this process, it’s still a Lottery, so no predictions can help :)

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Congratulations and Welcome to the Waiting-for-Oath club!!

We are waiting here since last week, some people have been waiting in this Status for 4-5 months as well.
Like every other step in this process, it’s still a Lottery, so no predictions can help :)
Thanks.
Lets see

Last edited: