+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
**********Help advise and Guide please**********
I missed my test today in Mississauga center due to highway jamming on 410 in Brampton early this morning. Reached the center 10 mins late and attendant there reacted very rudely and despite apologizing, they have refused to listen to my pleas. They took my appointment letter and did not tel,anything on further processing and told me tom wait for the next communication. I tried calling the CIC call center, they also said that they have no control as my application is in Mississauga center. I have sent the email to the email id explaining the reasons of me missing the test. Please advise me if I should sent a registered letter via canada post with same explanation or try contacting something else. if yes, then what address I should be emailing them. Is there any contact number of missisauga center that I can reach out to them if they will send me another date or just abandon my application as I have read posts that if they dont hear my explanation then they would just close the application.
first of all you should have planned to arrive well before time even if u had to stay nearby office before they could let you in.
Second now that you have missed test and already sent them email they can not abandon your application before sending u a final notice to appear and write a citizenship test. So dont panic and wait for another invitation for test. Relax

Reactions: kris00

kris00

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-July-2014
Nomination.....
29-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
18-Dec-2014
Med's Request
30-Dec-2014
Med's Done....
17-Jan-2015
Passport Req..
13-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
20-Jun2015
first of all you should have planned to arrive well before time even if u had to stay nearby office before they could let you in.
Second now that you have missed test and already sent them email they can not abandon your application before sending u a final notice to appear and write a citizenship test. So dont panic and wait for another invitation for test. Relax
Hi Zmaqsood, thanks for your advice. I realized the blunder committed, but it is was unfortunate that despite having 30 mins of cushion on top of travel time, I got stuck on a bad day. Had been having bad thought since morning and just cursing myself. Meanwhile on the communication part, I have sent them the email immediately within an hour of the incident. Got an auto reply. Is that all I need to do or should send a written letter couriered etc. I have also submitted the web query explaining the incident but that query tool did not trigger any response or acknowledgement on my email. Is this how this tool works? I am more worried about falling into the bracket of not contacting them with explanation. Does my presence on the test center personally though 10 mins late and explaining the reason personally count as well, because I did that as well.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi Zmaqsood, thanks for your advice. I realized the blunder committed, but it is was unfortunate that despite having 30 mins of cushion on top of travel time, I got stuck on a bad day. Had been having bad thought since morning and just cursing myself. Meanwhile on the communication part, I have sent them the email immediately within an hour of the incident. Got an auto reply. Is that all I need to do or should send a written letter couriered etc. I have also submitted the web query explaining the incident but that query tool did not trigger any response or acknowledgement on my email. Is this how this tool works? I am more worried about falling into the bracket of not contacting them with explanation. Does my presence on the test center personally though 10 mins late and explaining the reason personally count as well, because I did that as well.
Yes this is all what it needs. Now dont over stress yourself. Again they can not abandon ur application without giving you another final chance to appear for test

Canireian

Jan 3, 2019
Yes this is all what it needs. Now dont over stress yourself. Again they can not abandon ur application without giving you another final chance to appear for test
Hi there, I would echo this - don't worry too much, they will reschedule. There were several no-shows for my test last week so it's definitely not a unique occurrence. I felt the team were generally quite understanding and nice and am sorry to hear they were rude to you but fingers crossed you'll have a new test date soon!

Canireian

Jan 3, 2019
I have a question (was over in the September 2018 applicants thread before today!) - has anyone deferred their oath ceremony and, if so, how long before you heard back from them about it?

I received an invitation to oath ceremony last Friday (only took the test on Wednesday, 13th!) but I cannot attend on that date (4th December) so I emailed the address given in the email with the reason I cannot attend, some suggested dates that would work for me and also a note that I can, of course, attend most dates and understand that they cannot necessarily accommodate individual preferences/requests for dates.

To that email, I got an auto-reply saying to send a letter to the Mississauga centre with reason for not being able to attend so I have done that. I expect that letter will get to them this week (posted on Saturday in downtown Toronto) and am wondering when I am likely to hear from them with a new oath date. Any thoughts or experience welcome!

FSWDev

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Hi there, I would echo this - don't worry too much, they will reschedule. There were several no-shows for my test last week so it's definitely not a unique occurrence. I felt the team were generally quite understanding and nice and am sorry to hear they were rude to you but fingers crossed you'll have a new test date soon!
I understand Kris' situation. Probably he know GTA traffic, should have planned 1 hour of cushion.
However I don't understand about the people of "No Show". We sitting like an idiots for our test dates and these guys spoiling others chances too
I also heard from some of friends about not getting emails for the test appearance. So every one should check the application status online once in a week.
@kris: Just you need to wait for some more time to become Canadian citizen that's it.

rohan85

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Pretty crazy stuff going on at Mississauga.

I applied in August 2018 and haven't heard anything yet. My wife applied in December 2018 and she got a test invite yesterday. Wondering what's going on.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON

I applied in August 2018 and haven't heard anything yet. My wife applied in December 2018 and she got a test invite yesterday. Wondering what's going on.
Probably u r one of those whose file got transferred to Scarborough and sitting again in a queue for test invite

Reactions: rohan85

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015

That's IRCC for you ..if you should call them an agent will tell you.." every application is different and unique" . Someone applied this year and they are already citizens..as frustrating as it maybe all I can say is just hang in there...you might wanna order GCMS notes to see what's going on with your file.

Reactions: rohan85

royston

Apr 27, 2014
App sent: Sept 04, 2018
Test date: 19th Sept, 2019
Oath date: 20th Nov 2019

Family of 4, Mississauga

The judge mentioned in a year Mississauga center has finalized 230,000 applications with a small team working out of there

Reactions: GraceCan

bringiton

May 25, 2014
Hello folks,

I am a May 2019 applicant and my processing office is Mississauga. submitted my finger print request on Sept 2019. I was told my agent on phone that my criminal checks is cleared and passed and file is under processing..

I will be going on December 2nd week to my home country for 3 months to be with my family. If i get the test invite within the 3 months of me not here in Canada, i wont be able to make it for the test invite. Please share your 2 cents on this please..

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hello folks,

I am a May 2019 applicant and my processing office is Mississauga. submitted my finger print request on Sept 2019. I was told my agent on phone that my criminal checks is cleared and passed and file is under processing..

I will be going on December 2nd week to my home country for 3 months to be with my family. If i get the test invite within the 3 months of me not here in Canada, i wont be able to make it for the test invite. Please share your 2 cents on this please..
Inform the Mississauga office by email about your absence period so they do jot schedule u for that time