01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
Hi,

I am an Etobicoke resident. Awaiting for Test Date. Is it for Etobicoke people, the Test Center will be in Mississauga? How long it takes to get Test Date after AOR/In process?

App sent on May 18th, 2018
App delivered on May 23rd, 2018
Number of Applicants : 3 ( 2 Adults, 1 Child)
City: Toronto
Physical Presence: 1100.5

Thanks.

jack112

Sep 5, 2018
Finally oath invite-
Timeline below:
Recvd oct 16, aor nov 10, ip dec 2,
Test nov 5, dm nov 6 (scarb)
Oath invite Nov 17
Oath date: dec 6 (missis)

Final wait! Good luck all!

Reactions: irnbru16

mogli

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally oath invite-
Timeline below:
Recvd oct 16, aor nov 10, ip dec 2,
Test nov 5, dm nov 6 (scarb)
Oath invite Nov 17
Oath date: dec 6 (missis)

Congrats, busy oath month ;)

Samratian

Nov 29, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
Doc's Request.
NIL
Nomination.....
NIL
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
IELTS Request
WITH THE APPLICATION
File Transfer...
24-08-2013
Med's Request
25-01-2014
Med's Done....
01-02-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
25-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2014
LANDED..........
June-July hopefully
hello all,
Can any one say what does Decision Made means ? Me and my wife had test on Nov 13 and both passed .On 14 Nov the online status says Decision Made and in details it shows the last entry about invitation of test. I have heard couple of stories about missing Oath date and application getting delayed. I am sure DM is a good update status but can anyone please throw some light if this is also normal as DM and not Oath invitation, neither no additional line for Oath in status?

My Experience with IO at Test center. She was very good !
Any one with Minor kids ,
  1. Do not expect the status change from' in process' like for Adults for Test invitation for minors.
  2. They do not check any papers of kids but do take them along even there is no invite. My case she did not checked and I specifically asked her reply was minors will get Oath invitation ,there they will check the documents. On Oath Day they have to accompany.
  3. Normally we ask any questions and they also answer on when next step can be expected.
  4. Do not take your minors on test center , I saw a family being refused for test but cant say what was next step.
will surely keep you guys posted when I get the Oath invitation to track the time lines. Amazing people you all are ,

Thank you !

Also I have a good experience with the IO after test , my situation is apart than my wife ,I have a 5 year old son.His status is still in process , she did not check any documents but anyone d

abidsunny

May 7, 2012
Mississauga
Hello Everyone,

Finally got Oath invitation today.
My timeline below:

Recvd App 9th Nov
IP 11th Jan 2018,
Test Request: 30th July
Test appear/Passed (Scarborough) 30th Aug,
DM: 30th Aug
Oath Invite Nov 19th 2018
Oath Date: 8th Dec (Saturday) Mississauga Office.

Reactions: wolfpack27616

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

Finally got Oath invitation today.
My timeline below:

Recvd App 9th Nov
IP 11th Jan 2018,
Test Request: 30th July
Test appear/Passed (Scarborough) 30th Aug,
DM: 30th Aug
Oath Invite Nov 19th 2018
Oath Date: 8th Dec (Saturday) Mississauga Office.

Congrats on the oath invite! My timeline is virtually identical to yours (my application was received a day after yours, test request a day after yours, and DM a day after yours. It seems we even wrote the test on the same day at Scarborough.
So hopefully Oath invite soon for me too?!

Last edited:
Reactions: abidsunny

abidsunny

May 7, 2012
Mississauga
Congrats on the oath invite! My timeline is virtually identical to yours (my application was received a day after yours, test request a day after yours, and DM a day after yours. It seems we even wrote the test on the same day at Scarborough.
So hopefully Oath invite soon for me too?!
Honestly Scarborough office is in huge back log. I called 3 time in last week to CIC and asked them why is so delayed since i have passed my test like two months ago, and they only said we are facing a huge backlog so the oath time after test is average 2 to 3 months now on, all you need is to wait. When i added my travel plan in debate then the agent ask me few question about my possible travel planning and asked whether i have a valid PR card and i said no its expired this year in June, then she said i will put a note on your today's Inquiry and also informed me that you called 3rd time in this week so be patience for your oath i will put a note on your visa officer file that applicant travelling soon and waiting for citizenship.

So i assume you must call them and make a story that you are desperately waiting for my oath because of particular reason.
Good Luck!!

Reactions: wolfpack27616

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honestly Scarborough office is in huge back log. I called 3 time in last week to CIC and asked them why is so delayed since i have passed my test like two months ago, and they only said we are facing a huge backlog so the oath time after test is average 2 to 3 months now on, all you need is to wait. When i added my travel plan in debate then the agent ask me few question about my possible travel planning and asked whether i have a valid PR card and i said no its expired this year in June, then she said i will put a note on your today's Inquiry and also informed me that you called 3rd time in this week so be patience for your oath i will put a note on your visa officer file that applicant travelling soon and waiting for citizenship.

So i assume you must call them and make a story that you are desperately waiting for my oath because of particular reason.
Good Luck!!
Thanks for the tip- I wrote my test in Scarborough, but I am a Mississauga applicant (which is probably having an even bigger backlog). Unfortunately- My PR card is still valid for a few more months, so cant use that excuse.
I did call them last week and told them it's been more than 12 months since my application date, and the call centre agent said she will make a note in my file and send a message.
I guess I just need to be patient and wait for my day. Congrats again on your oath invite!

tech2018

Oct 28, 2018
Looking at the spreadsheet again, if representative, and it seems to be judging from this forum, Mississauga is still strikingly different in terms of prolonged wait times? I frankly can not see why that is, and saying that Mississauga has a higher number of applications does not, for me, explain this. Surely, the other parts of the GTA, most areas have just as high immigrant populations and applicants? I believe it's still fair and not unreasonable to expect that Mississauga is also appropriately resourced as the other areas and applications from this area should expect the same wait times as the other cities/provinces? It seems that Citizenship applications from Mississauga are unfairly delayed vs. the others. I get that most still get their applications completed within the 12-15 month period, but for some, getting their citizenship on time could cost them their job etc. I hope the Mississauga office gets better resourced to bring it to par with the other offices.

maob12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Looking at the spreadsheet again, if representative, and it seems to be judging from this forum, Mississauga is still strikingly different in terms of prolonged wait times? I frankly can not see why that is, and saying that Mississauga has a higher number of applications does not, for me, explain this. Surely, the other parts of the GTA, most areas have just as high immigrant populations and applicants? I believe it's still fair and not unreasonable to expect that Mississauga is also appropriately resourced as the other areas and applications from this area should expect the same wait times as the other cities/provinces? It seems that Citizenship applications from Mississauga are unfairly delayed vs. the others. I get that most still get their applications completed within the 12-15 month period, but for some, getting their citizenship on time could cost them their job etc. I hope the Mississauga office gets better resourced to bring it to par with the other offices.
The spreadsheet is not representative at all. There are about 110 entries from Mississauga. There are 2 ceremonies almost every day in Mississauga and each ceremony probably seats about 100 people. So when you take that into consideration, you can imagine how many applications they have right now. 2 ceremonies per day = 200 applications processed a day. That's 200 applications that were completed x days ago and this happens every single day.

Also, looking at the percentage from the spreadsheet, right now it's sitting at about 65% completion, and that's without updates for a while (I posted about my Oath about 15 days ago and the spreadsheet is not updated yet). Do i believe that some applications could have been processed earlier? Absolutely. But i wouldn't go as far as saying that they are deliberately delaying the applications. Agents can only work with the system they have, and if the system allows for delays then it will always happen.

tech2018

Oct 28, 2018
The spreadsheet is not representative at all. There are about 110 entries from Mississauga. There are 2 ceremonies almost every day in Mississauga and each ceremony probably seats about 100 people. So when you take that into consideration, you can imagine how many applications they have right now. 2 ceremonies per day = 200 applications processed a day. That's 200 applications that were completed x days ago and this happens every single day.

Also, looking at the percentage from the spreadsheet, right now it's sitting at about 65% completion, and that's without updates for a while (I posted about my Oath about 15 days ago and the spreadsheet is not updated yet). Do i believe that some applications could have been processed earlier? Absolutely. But i wouldn't go as far as saying that they are deliberately delaying the applications. Agents can only work with the system they have, and if the system allows for delays then it will always happen.

Thank you for your kind explanation. Just one clarification, sorry if it came across as if I were inferring there is a deliberate delaying of applications, I never intended that at all and that would be a serious allegation to make, which I will never do, certainly without any clear evidence. What I meant was that maybe they need to allocate more resources if there is a big back-log. But your clarification puts things into perspective and nobody for sure knows what the average wait time for Mississauga vs. the rest of the country is, it maybe very well close to the other average time.