+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing LoE AFTER application submission (despite upload)

dkg10

Jun 18, 2019
Hi everyone,

I was invited to apply for PR under CEC last week and finally submitted my application last night (and paid all the fees).

I logged in today to check the status of my application and went on the section that says "View submitted application or upload documents". Over there, it shows all the documents that I have uploaded and submitted (document name written in green).

However, there's an extra section at the bottom which says Optional Documents. That is where I uploaded my Letter of Explanation when I was filling in the form. However. that tab is now blank. It's not showing any uploaded documents. I am 100% sure that I uploaded it before I submitted the application. I checked numerous times.

I also signed in and out about 20 times and it's still not showing the document.

Is there a reason why it disappeared now? Should I be contacting CIC to ask for clarifications?

Is anyone else not seeing their LoE in the application that they already submitted?

TL;DR: Uploaded Letter of Explanation and everything else. Submitted application. Now viewing submission a day later and can't see LoE in list of "Documents submitted by the client"

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
CIC's website is weird. Try clearing cache and see if it is there.
Otherwise, I would suggest upload it using webform and mention reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: canadagoer2019

Willow0088

Jun 19, 2019

dkg10

Jun 18, 2019
So I logged in and out and cleared the cache on my browser. After doing that for about 20 times (not joking, actually 20 times), the LoE appeared there. I took a screenshot. When I logged out and tried again after that, it disappeared again...

If anyone finds a solution, or experiences somethings similar, let me know!

Jun 26, 2019
Hi guys, glad to find this thread. The same thing happened to me. I submitted everything for the EE APR including the LOE and it doesn't show up. I've raised a report a technical error request. Hopefully that'll help. Do any of you have any experience with that or this issue? Should we use the web form to submit the document again meanwhile?

I've also cleared the cache and tried logging in from a different device/ browser but it doesn't seem to help.

Last edited:

DraganaDO

Jun 2, 2019
Hey guys,
Do you have any updates on this? Somebody solved the problem?
I submitted my aplication yesterday for FSW and am sure I submited LoE... I checked everything so many times. And now, upon receiving AoR, same issue is with my application: submitted documents-all there, except LoE. The Client Information section is empty. I am freaking out. I did report a "technical issue" via web form and explained the situation, but did not attach LoE there(it contains some scans and it is bigger than 2MB allowed in the web form).
Let me know if you found some solution for this. And I will try this loggging in and out and clearing cache, although I did that many times already.

Reactions: EnthuChap
Jun 26, 2019
Hey guys,
Do you have any updates on this? Somebody solved the problem?
I submitted my aplication yesterday for FSW and am sure I submited LoE... I checked everything so many times. And now, upon receiving AoR, same issue is with my application: submitted documents-all there, except LoE. The Client Information section is empty. I am freaking out. I did report a "technical issue" via web form and explained the situation, but did not attach LoE there(it contains some scans and it is bigger than 2MB allowed in the web form).
Let me know if you found some solution for this. And I will try this loggging in and out and clearing cache, although I did that many times already.
Hey.. i did all this too.No reply yet from them. I submitted a web form and attached a compressed version of the LOE (less than 2mb) and had raised a technical error report too before that (but can't submit the document there). Hope they realise this is a technical glitch and fix it.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hello you can call IRCC to confirm that they received your LOE. I used to see my LOE in my account and I don’t see it anymore. It happened when they updated their system. I call them and they confirmed that they received it. Also in my GCMS notes, I can see that they received it.

Reactions: EnthuChap
Jun 26, 2019
Hello you can call IRCC to confirm that they received your LOE. I used to see my LOE in my account and I don’t see it anymore. It happened when they updated their system. I call them and they confirmed that they received it. Also in my GCMS notes, I can see that they received it.
Hey. Thanks for your inputs. Good to know it's just a system issue. What number did you use to call them and how did you get the gcms notes? Thanks again. Just new to all this.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hey. Thanks for your inputs. Good to know it's just a system issue. What number did you use to call them and how did you get the gcms notes? Thanks again. Just new to all this.
I called them from outside Canada so I used this number +1 613 944 4000. I used Skype credit to call them. For the gcms notes you can order them through this website https://www.getgcms.com/. Please note it is advised to wait 60-90 days after AOR to order GCMS notes. There is a thread on this forum called All about GCMS notes where you can have a lot of information about GCMS notes.

Jun 26, 2019
I called them from outside Canada so I used this number +1 613 944 4000. I used Skype credit to call them. For the gcms notes you can order them through this website https://www.getgcms.com/. Please note it is advised to wait 60-90 days after AOR to order GCMS notes. There is a thread on this forum called All about GCMS notes where you can have a lot of information about GCMS notes.
Perfect. Thanks. I'll try calling them too then because it'll be too early to order gcms notes. Fingers crossed. Will update when I have called.

Jun 26, 2019
I haven't been able to get through to an agent as yet. Seems there is heavy call traffic. Sigh.

DraganaDO

Jun 2, 2019
Hi all,

just to confirm that I applied what was advised on another similar thread and it worked for me:
keep hitting refresh button in your browser address bar and at one point it will show your LoE uploaded with other documents. Take a screenshot and enjoy, it is there but it will disappear again when you log in.