+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing AOR email but application in progress

xtc_

Feb 8, 2023
Hello guys, I applied for my citizenship along with my wife online on February 7th, on march 7th we got an email with the title "
Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker", which asks me to track my application using my application number, but the problem is that I never received any email that has application details, did anyone else receive a similar email? What can I do next?

Content of the email :

Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system on February 27, 2023 and is currently in progress.

You can now follow the progress of your application with our Citizenship Application Tracker.

The Citizenship Application Tracker allows you to check:

• your application status;
  • any next steps you need to take;
  • our progress with your application;
  • a timeline of your citizenship grant application history.
To create an account, you need:

• your unique client identifier (UCI);
  • your application number;
  • access to the email address in your application.
If you provided your representative’s email address in your application, they’ll check your status for you.

We look forward to welcoming you as a Canadian citizen.

Sincerely,

amoten1984

Jan 13, 2018
I got the same thing with no application number. Applied on May 9th and received the above email on June 7th asking to follow the progress. Have you had any luck??

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I got the same thing with no application number. Applied on May 9th and received the above email on June 7th asking to follow the progress. Have you had any luck??
Thats a generic welcome email. AOR email is seperate. It will have a pdf as attachment and email body will have UCI and Application No
Check if you received another email from "@cic.gc.ca"

amoten1984

Jan 13, 2018
Thats a generic welcome email. AOR email is seperate. It will have a pdf as attachment and email body will have UCI and Application No
Check if you received another email from "@cic.gc.ca"
Thanks for getting back to me. I checked the junk and nothing else yet. Do you have any timeline on when the actual AOR arrives after receiving this generic welcome email?

Jonataspm

Jun 26, 2023
Hello guys, I applied for my citizenship along with my wife online on February 7th, on march 7th we got an email with the title "
Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker", which asks me to track my application using my application number, but the problem is that I never received any email that has application details, did anyone else receive a similar email? What can I do next?

Content of the email :

Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system on February 27, 2023 and is currently in progress.

You can now follow the progress of your application with our Citizenship Application Tracker.

The Citizenship Application Tracker allows you to check:

• your application status;
  • any next steps you need to take;
  • our progress with your application;
  • a timeline of your citizenship grant application history.
To create an account, you need:

• your unique client identifier (UCI);
  • your application number;
  • access to the email address in your application.
If you provided your representative’s email address in your application, they’ll check your status for you.

We look forward to welcoming you as a Canadian citizen.

Sincerely,

Hi.
This is happening to me.

I applied for my citizenship along with my wife online on May 1st, on June 19th we got an email with the same title "
Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker", Saying, "Your application was created in our system on June 8, 2023 and is currently in progress."
However, we never received any email with the application details and the AOR. I already checked my junk box and there is no email from cic.gc.ca.
What is your status after this happened?

amoten1984

Jan 13, 2018
Hi.
This is happening to me.

I applied for my citizenship along with my wife online on May 1st, on June 19th we got an email with the same title "
Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker", Saying, "Your application was created in our system on June 8, 2023 and is currently in progress."
However, we never received any email with the application details and the AOR. I already checked my junk box and there is no email from cic.gc.ca.
It's not worth checking the inbox, their system is flawed and skips sending this email. My best suggestion is to dial this number 1-888-242-2100 and follow the steps below
Press 1, enter your UCI number and #
Press 1 to confirm your UCI
Press 3, 4, 1, and 0 in quick succession.

This will take you straight to the citizenship line and if you are in Canada with Canadian mobile number then there will be an option to get a call back choose that instead of waiting in the queue. Lines are open Mon - Fri 8am - 4pm EST. The voice prompt is quite long when you call so I suggest call 5 mins before 8am to get your place to the top of the queue.

The person asked me for my citizenship application number and I said that's exactly the reason why I am calling as I cannot find that email. I said I received the initial email when I applied and then right after I just received this tracker email and nothing in the middle. Then she asked for my UCI and pulled up the file, then after that there were series of security question to make sure she is talking to the right person and then she gave me my citizenship application number. Make sure, you have the browser open and enter that citizenship application number and check that you can login, ask the agent to wait on the phone while you do that check. Once it takes you to password reset page that means it works and you are ok to then login.

My application current status: "Application filed in system everything else is still in progress"

I highly recommend you join the Whatsapp group from this forum where there are many people who applied in May and it provides their application progress.

Group for May 2023 citizenship applicants

Google sheet link -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GZjxBlTxM-FC5b0riTWQetmW0DsPX7Bgt5QQ9HTbP7I/edit#gid=270862106
Canadavisa forum link
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2023-citizenship-applications.796192/
WhatsApp group link -
https://chat.whatsapp.com/J7NZMJnQSMIGUShmkb8HWI

Reactions: forw.jane

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Hi.
This is happening to me.

There’s also quite a few applicants that sent in their cases in May and June on this tracker - you can maybe ask them about their cases / check if they’re experiencing the same issue? https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/canadian-citizenship-processing-tracker. I agree with the last comment though - it’s best to call and have them provide you with the application number. Might be a bug in their system