+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Middle Eastern immigrants applying for citizenship....update here

windsordaki

Oct 13, 2012
CANONT said:
Hello Windsordaki, 1st of all congrats! By the way, have you traveled during the 3 years of living here? I'm just trying to put the bolts & nuts together here!
thanks. I lived here so far more than 5 years. i have had few times short trips to the US, and once traveled to visit family. Totally I was away for less than 2 months. CIC officer checked stamps on my passports (old and new one) before citizenship test, compared with dates I reported in my citizenship application, and mentioned that everything looks good.

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
windsordaki said:
thanks. I lived here so far more than 5 years. i have had few times short trips to the US, and once traveled to visit family. Totally I was away for less than 2 months. CIC officer checked stamps on my passports (old and new one) before citizenship test, compared with dates I reported in my citizenship application, and mentioned that everything looks good.
Do you happen to have a nice job? I don't think Windsor is known for good jobs. It's an impoverished factory town, isn't it? Just trying to figure out why some people get citizenship in 8 mo while others have to wait for 24 mo or more.

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
windsordaki said:
I know many people with a similar travel history who got RQ. I think you were very lucky. Did you go to the U of Windsor for undergrad or grad school?

windsordaki

Oct 13, 2012
cocosyr said:
Do you happen to have a nice job? I don't think Windsor is known for good jobs. It's an impoverished factory town, isn't it? Just trying to figure out why some people get citizenship in 8 mo while others have to wait for 24 mo or more.
I liked living (study and work) in Windsor. People here are very friendly and city was nice to live (pretty quiet) and safe (one of the safest cities in Canada). Yes, there are a lot of factories here especially automotive manufacturing industry. I was employed all the time and I consider my job as a nice job.

cocosyr said:
I know many people with a similar travel history who got RQ. I think you were very lucky. Did you go to the U of Windsor for undergrad or grad school?
Yes, I studied in u of Windsor as a graduate student, paid tax while I was in school out of my research grant and teaching assistantship.

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
windsordaki said:
I liked living (study and work) in Windsor. People here are very friendly and city was nice to live (pretty quiet) and safe (one of the safest cities in Canada). Yes, there are a lot of factories here especially automotive manufacturing industry. I was employed all the time and I consider my job as a nice job.
Yes, I studied in u of Windsor as a graduate student who paid tax while I was in school out of my research grant and teaching assistantship.
Glad you like Windsor. What I heard is the opposite. That is, it's one of the most polluted cities in Canada--the air quality is terrible. So I guess you got your MA or MS from Windsor and then got a job after graduation. You think you have a nice job. Then it must be a good one. Mind if I ask you what you do for a living. Sorry for being a little nosy, but if I were you, I wouldn't mind, considering the fact everyone here is anonymous.

windsordaki

Oct 13, 2012
cocosyr said:
Glad you like Windsor. What I heard is the opposite. That is, it's one of the most polluted cities in Canada--the air quality is terrible. So I guess you got your MA or MS from Windsor and then got a job after graduation. You think you have a nice job. Then it must be a good one. Mind if I ask you what you do for a living. Sorry for being a little nosy, but if I were you, I wouldn't mind, considering the fact everyone here is anonymous.
Lets keep it simple as a good job. Although being employed may help, I believe the type of my job was not too much effective on processing time. Normal processing type is around one year for people with straightforward , clear, and accurate application with no RQ.

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
windsordaki said:
Lets keep it simple as a good job. Although being employed may help, I believe the type of my job was not too much effective on processing time. Normal processing type is around one year for people with straightforward , clear, and accurate application with no RQ.
I guess you lived in the same address for five yrs. That helps too.

smk89

Feb 7, 2013
We want to file our citizenship application shortly.
Will it help to include the Translation of Visa Cancellation from UAE Just prior to landing in Canada.

Maisa

Jun 14, 2012
Hi,
I think it might help , although no one really knows. Just wanted to point that I also went to grad school here. I am employed full time, never left Canada since landing. Filed application with my husband and two kids and my husband got RQd although he travelled twice for less than a month in total. We did live in UAE before landing and that is the only thing that can trigger an RQ but no one knows.
Good luck to all,
Maisa

smk89 said:
We want to file our citizenship application shortly.
Will it help to include the Translation of Visa Cancellation from UAE Just prior to landing in Canada.

smk89

Feb 7, 2013
Thank you Maisa,
We have a family application. My husband had two study trips to UK for his studies and one trip to dubai at the first year and after that 2 years no exit. We have two kids who came with us and a kid born here in canada in 2010. We are including legal translation of our cancelled visa from UAE and and all in/Out stamps with our citizenship application. And according to new rule also attaching proof of language proficiency.

Lets see if we can avoid RQ.

Good luck to all

arminbehzad

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share my timeline. I sent my app from Kamloops but moved back to Vancouver; so I assume my file is gonna transfer to Vancouver.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 25, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 25, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 10, 2012.

Since I have 5 or 6 different visas in my passport, I think there is a strong chance for me to receive RQ :-[.i hope not..(( hope is a good thing.))
I heard its better to get it before test.

thanks
cheers.]

mvb

Feb 8, 2013
arminbehzad said:
Since I have 5 or 6 different visas in my passport, I think there is a strong chance for me to receive RQ :-[.i hope not..(( hope is a good thing.))
I heard its better to get it before test.

thanks
cheers.]
Do you mean 5 to 6 different country visas from the gulf?

If it is not from the gulf countries, it doesn't matter. If it is, have the certified English translation ready in hand!

I don't see any trouble so far in your application and if it is, you would have got the pre-test RQ now (many people reported getting RQs within 4-6 weeks, after the appln goes to processing mode)

Best of luck for your application.

toto999

Jan 4, 2013
hi guys,

i have noticed that currently the CIC start processing the application in 3 months after they receive the application . do you have any idea if they are speeding up the process now? now they are start processing the application which sent to them last October !!!

arminbehzad

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the reply.

no I only have one residence Visa from ME (UAE) which was expired by the time that I applied Citizenship, plus I also have some asian country visas( thailand, Cambodia) and some stamps from Malaysia and china for transit and finally Mexico although all of the days that i was out comes to less than 50 days. If i knew the RQ thing, I would not travel in the first place.

Thanks

mvb said:
Do you mean 5 to 6 different country visas from the gulf?

If it is not from the gulf countries, it doesn't matter. If it is, have the certified English translation ready in hand!

I don't see any trouble so far in your application and if it is, you would have got the pre-test RQ now (many people reported getting RQs within 4-6 weeks, after the appln goes to processing mode)

Best of luck for your application.