+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Middle Eastern immigrants applying for citizenship....update here

smk89

Feb 7, 2013
Expired UAE visa did trigger RQ for my sis... you need to get it cancelled or if it expired before you landed in canada then you should have certified translation in hand when you appear for test and interview...
best of luck..

arminbehzad

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tnx for the reply,

on the residence visa itself, it is written in English that if you don't stay at UAE for 6 month the visa is not valid anymore. I should say that the whole period I was there was 5 weeks.

smk89 said:
Expired UAE visa did trigger RQ for my sis... you need to get it cancelled or if it expired before you landed in canada then you should have certified translation in hand when you appear for test and interview...
best of luck..

arminbehzad

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here is my update:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 25, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 25, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 10, 2012.

We sent you a letter on February 26, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

what could be the letter? RQ or Police Check ?!!1 any ideas???

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arminbehzad said:
here is my update:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 25, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 25, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 10, 2012.

We sent you a letter on February 26, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

what could be the letter? RQ or Police Check ?!!1 any ideas???
Could be anything...May be you missed something important in application like passport copies...etc or could be an RQ.

LSP

Feb 21, 2013
How does cic know visa status in uae/middle east/ any other country? IF someone has residence visa to another country, after applying for citizenship in canada, what will happen?
thank you.

arminbehzad

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mary Chad said:
Could be anything...May be you missed something important in application like passport copies...etc or could be an RQ.
good news I didn't get RQ yet. It was a silly mistake that i made. I did not include the hotel addresses in the (( addresses in The Last 4 years)) section. any how, I filed up the table today and sending it to cic by tomorrow. My file is still at the head office, nova scotia. :( I think now my chance of getting RQ is 100%. :(

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arminbehzad said:
good news I didn't get RQ yet. It was a silly mistake that i made. I did not include the hotel addresses in the (( addresses in The Last 4 years)) section. any how, I filed up the table today and sending it to cic by tomorrow. My file is still at the head office, nova scotia. :( I think now my chance of getting RQ is 100%. :(
Be positive...It's not necessary that you will get RQ :) I wish you good luck

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
newcomer said:
Hi,

I am starting this thread to create a database of immigrants who immigrated from Middle East and received/not received an RQ regarding their citizenship application,in order to find a co-relation between the length of citizenship application processing times (RQ granted or not) and their association with ME.

I have found it necessary to start this topic as at various forums I have been reading that many immigrants coming from ME were granted RQ ,so want them to report their timeline here and share details about their cases i.e. such as any RQ given or not.In that way we will be able to find whether is there any co-relation between RQs and immigrants previous status in ME or not.

Guys please share details about your cases.

Thanks
+1 for initiating this very interesting thread

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don´t think the RQ are linked to ethnicity or country of birth, I am not Middle Eastern, my name is a Western name and yet I got a RQ in October. I have a friend from AUSTRIA, with a unpronounceable German last name and he also got a RQ. I suspect the RQ has more to do with how many times the applicant has travelled abroad since landing to the day of application. CIC is aware of the high level of residency fraud and travelling abroad makes the whole thing suspicious. I travelled four times since my landing, and my friend travelled at least ten, he likes going to NYC for long weekends.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is an interesting thread. I have an expired Kuwait visa, .. never left Canada and continuous employment here. Will it trigger an RQ?

janoo

May 16, 2014
most probably not... have valid UAE visa and applied for Citizenship as I was having
it before I landed in Canada but I met with the resident requirement and got RQ
and waiting for last 34 months.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
most probably not... have valid UAE visa and applied for Citizenship as I was having
it before I landed in Canada but I met with the resident requirement and got RQ
and waiting for last 34 months.
I have not seen a single case where a person with Middle East visa on the passport did not get an RQ. Did you get RQ on the test date before or after? Do you think that these RQs are handed over to only UAE applicants or does it apply to people who have worked in Kuwait too??

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
SinghLovCan said:
I have not seen a single case where a person with Middle East visa on the passport did not get an RQ. Did you get RQ on the test date before or after? Do you think that these RQs are handed over to only UAE applicants or does it apply to people who have worked in Kuwait too??
Its not at all true ! I have seen lot of applicants with ME visa (not valid but a cancelled one ) and got their applications processed without any issue .There are countless examples . Some of them were recently processed in around 6 months or so .Some recent examples are Nomi2012 and Drea , so check their posts .