Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
This is what we received a few day ago from our MP office (they are helping us to follow up our application)

Hi XXXX:

We spoke with a Program Officer in the Minister’s Division of IRCC today. The eligibility requirements and the background check for XXXXX are still pending. As per our previous communication, the medicals are valid until August 14, 2017.

The next review date is the end of July 2017, and we have made note to follow up accordingly. In the interim, if you receive further communications/instructions from IRCC/CIC, please advise our office.

I was hoping to get some good news but this literally sucks! :(
Can i ask if you did you medicals August 14, 2016?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I think you'll be fine at the eligibility, sounds like you have good evidence. They must be stuck with the RCMP hopefully when you inquire about it things move pretty quickly with your app.

I have a feeling you will reach decision before me. :)
I hope so. I am older than my partner, so that might be a red flag. We'll see what happens when they start the eligibility check.

I don't really want to speculate too much about how long they might take to make a decision as I don't want to get my hopes up nor make plans around this.

I just hope that they somehow speed up the process in general so all of us can get the DM sooner.

Reactions: Aloaleja

GYN

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
17-10-2016
File Transfer...
10-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Reactions: starnaenae

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
majesty, wow it is bad that your application hasn't move, it is frustrating, as you, I sent everything upfront and I am also scared they will request something, my medicals results will expire on September 5. I really don't want to redo the exams again... I hope next month I receive some good news on the notes too.

Keep positive it will pay off latter :)
I had a talk with my friend who is an almost an immigration consultant. She said that sending the email to the VO is the best way to go and she said that maybe it is the RCMP report that is holding up the application as it says in the notes on multiple pages that RCMP fingerprints were requested but of course there was nothing in the GCKey account asking for it nor any emails for a request letter that we could find. She thinks it might be human error and because they don't check to see if the request was sent and only they see that document was not in the file, they might have put our app at the "bottom" of the pile and not look at it again until a certain due date.

I will see if they make the request or respond to my email in 7 - 10 days which is usually how long they take to get back to you.

About the medical exam, my partner's results expire on July 30, 2017 however in the notes it looks like they have extended the expiry date to May of 2018. If we did not see that in the notes, I'm sure they would not have sent us any emails about that and that would be another thing that we would have been waiting for, that would never show up. When you get your notes, look to see if they have given you an extension. My partner has no health issues, maybe that has something to do with it.

I also asked her about when it's appropriate to contact your MP. She told me that if I contacted my MP as nothing was happening with my app for this long and having background check in progress for 5 months, that would totally be appropriate. As to whether he would do anything about it at this point, I don't know. I will see what the VO's response to my email is first.

I hope your notes will give you some answers. It is the only thing we have to get some answers about what stage they are at in processing. It's just frustrating it takes so long to receive. But as you said, you have to stay positive and patient too!

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
I had a talk with my friend who is an almost an immigration consultant. She said that sending the email to the VO is the best way to go and she said that maybe it is the RCMP report that is holding up the application as it says in the notes on multiple pages that RCMP fingerprints were requested but of course there was nothing in the GCKey account asking for it nor any emails for a request letter that we could find. She thinks it might be human error and because they don't check to see if the request was sent and only they see that document was not in the file, they might have put our app at the "bottom" of the pile and not look at it again until a certain due date.

I will see if they make the request or respond to my email in 7 - 10 days which is usually how long they take to get back to you.

About the medical exam, my partner's results expire on July 30, 2017 however in the notes it looks like they have extended the expiry date to May of 2018. If we did not see that in the notes, I'm sure they would not have sent us any emails about that and that would be another thing that we would have been waiting for, that would never show up. When you get your notes, look to see if they have given you an extension. My partner has no health issues, maybe that has something to do with it.

I also asked her about when it's appropriate to contact your MP. She told me that if I contacted my MP as nothing was happening with my app for this long and having background check in progress for 5 months, that would totally be appropriate. As to whether he would do anything about it at this point, I don't know. I will see what the VO's response to my email is first.

I hope your notes will give you some answers. It is the only thing we have to get some answers about what stage they are at in processing. It's just frustrating it takes so long to receive. But as you said, you have to stay positive and patient too!
At least they extended your medicals. I hope that they do the same for us, my husband's medicals expire in October, and we really do want to redo them for the cost, he has no health issues so lets hope they gives us a break. :)

Zehcnas

Dec 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
20-12-2016 and 22-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-12-2016
File Transfer...
21-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-11-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2017
LANDED..........
22-10-2017
I've sent an email to my MP today requesting for them to inquire for me. MyCIC status for me has been saying they need documents to continue. Yet GCMS notes shows they received it April 12th and sent the application to another officer.

3 months of my status saying they need documents but when I ask Miguel he says no further action required.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I've sent an email to my MP today requesting for them to inquire for me. MyCIC status for me has been saying they need documents to continue. Yet GCMS notes shows they received it April 12th and sent the application to another officer.

3 months of my status saying they need documents but when I ask Miguel he says no further action required.
there is a glitch in the system -- GCKEY has been saying that as well. they confirmed this today for me. i submitted a technical issue because i too was confused. not sure your MP can help with a CIC Website glitch and MVO telling you everything is fine

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
At least they extended your medicals. I hope that they do the same for us, my husband's medicals expire in October, and we really do want to redo them for the cost, he has no health issues so lets hope they gives us a break. :)
Yes, it is a hassle to have to redo the medical as well as adding to the cost of everything. At least for us this is one less thing we have to do. Partner did them last summer because we were planning to submit our app using old forms last August which asks for medical upfront, I think, but we couldn't get the documents together and it dragged on for a few months due to strikes with government workers in Chile and then having to wait on the translations and then having to redo the forms which changed. So far they haven't sent an email telling us this and I think they won't do that. So the only way we knew was through looking at the GCMS notes. If you order your notes around that time, check for that. I think they must have given the extension already in May as they usually give you a 1 year extension from what I have read. However, I sure hope everything will be done long before that time.

You don't think you will get the PPR by October?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Yes, it is a hassle to have to redo the medical as well as adding to the cost of everything. At least for us this is one less thing we have to do. Partner did them last summer because we were planning to submit our app using old forms last August which asks for medical upfront, I think, but we couldn't get the documents together and it dragged on for a few months due to strikes with government workers in Chile and then having to wait on the translations and then having to redo the forms which changed. So far they haven't sent an email telling us it was renewed and I think they won't do that. So the only way we knew was through looking at the GCMS notes. If you order your notes around that time, check for that. I think they must have given the extension already in May as they usually give you a 1 year extension from what I have read. However, I sure hope everything will be done long before that time.

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Yes, it is a hassle to have to redo the medical as well as adding to the cost of everything. At least for us this is one less thing we have to do. Partner did them last summer because we were planning to submit our app using old forms last August which asks for medical upfront, I think, but we couldn't get the documents together and it dragged on for a few months due to strikes with government workers in Chile and then having to wait on the translations and then having to redo the forms which changed. So far they haven't sent an email telling us this and I think they won't do that. So the only way we knew was through looking at the GCMS notes. If you order your notes around that time, check for that. I think they must have given the extension already in May as they usually give you a 1 year extension from what I have read. However, I sure hope everything will be done long before that time.

To be honest wish to have PPR before October, but reading other cases about the ARC I know it will take longer so i don't really want to have my hopes high. my best bet is having PPR around January next year. I received my notes June 3 and I will order my notes again the end of August.
For now all i have to do is wait and distract myself with this forum.

Zehcnas

Dec 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
11-12-2016
File Transfer...
21-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-11-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2017
LANDED..........
22-10-2017
there is a glitch in the system -- GCKEY has been saying that as well. they confirmed this today for me. i submitted a technical issue because i too was confused. not sure your MP can help with a CIC Website glitch and MVO telling you everything is fine
Really so you report the issue and then what?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Really so you report the issue and then what?
I reported it on the 6th and today they got back to me cofirming it is a glitch and there are NO outstanding documents. Considering mexico told you that your file is fine and nothing is missing your mp wont be able to help as its a technical glitch

Zehcnas

Dec 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
11-12-2016
File Transfer...
21-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-11-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2017
LANDED..........
22-10-2017
I reported it on the 6th and today they got back to me cofirming it is a glitch and there are NO outstanding documents. Considering mexico told you that your file is fine and nothing is missing your mp wont be able to help as its a technical glitch
Can't hurt to try I made an appointment for July 28th and the MP office requested 2 forms filled out. One is an IMM5475 form and the other is an Office release form they need to label me as "Authorized Individual".

At the very least an inquiry from the MP office can give them a push to finish up or continue as it seems right now to me nothing has been done for 3 months.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Can't hurt to try I made an appointment for July 28th and the MP office requested 2 forms filled out. One is an IMM5475 form and the other is an Office release form they need to label me as "Authorized Individual".

At the very least an inquiry from the MP office can give them a push to finish up or continue as it seems right now to me nothing has been done for 3 months.
i hope they can help because technically you are still within your processing times... which seems to be the response most people are getting these days which is unfortunate because you spend all this time with them and waiting.. youre better off ordering your notes