+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
No one signed this email. At the end it says "Regards" and then there is just the address of the embassy. That's why I said I think it's generic. Kind of disappointing that the request was so impersonal.
At the end of the page, doesn't it says "Sincerely, immigration section"?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Who knows with them!!!! I asked for confirmation. I always get the auto reply but ask for confirmation always. Theyre usually pretty good. Within 24-48 hours
So you actually ask for a confirmation? I put down if there is any other information they need, then please send another message. I didn't think to ask them to send confirmation apart from the auto reply.

What do they say in the confirmation? The auto reply usually comes within minutes of sending the message.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Last edited:

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
This is the content of the email that we received from the VO for those of you who are interested:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

This refers to your email dated 17 July 2017.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

RCMP Fingerprint Based Police Certificate

Provide our office with a fingerprint based police certificate from The Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Instructions to obtain this police certificate are on the RCMP’s official website:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

The above information/documents must be received in this office within 120 days of the date of this letter. Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application.

NOTE: please notice you may submit the requested document(s) via email. Simply reply to this email submitting a perfectly legible copy of each document.

Regards | Cordialement,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration (LG)
Embassy of Canada, Mexico | Ambassade du Canada, Mexico

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada, 11520, México, D.F.
www.mexico.gc.ca
E-mail | courriel: mexico-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

* Please include your file number, complete name and date of birth in all your enquiries.
* Veuillez inclure votre numéro de dossier, nom complet et date de naissance à toute demande de renseignements.

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
This is the content of the email that we received from the VO for those of you who are interested:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

This refers to your email dated 17 July 2017.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

RCMP Fingerprint Based Police Certificate

Provide our office with a fingerprint based police certificate from The Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Instructions to obtain this police certificate are on the RCMP’s official website:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

The above information/documents must be received in this office within 120 days of the date of this letter. Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application.

NOTE: please notice you may submit the requested document(s) via email. Simply reply to this email submitting a perfectly legible copy of each document.

Regards | Cordialement,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration (LG)
Embassy of Canada, Mexico | Ambassade du Canada, Mexico

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada, 11520, México, D.F.
www.mexico.gc.ca
E-mail | courriel: mexico-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

* Please include your file number, complete name and date of birth in all your enquiries.
* Veuillez inclure votre numéro de dossier, nom complet et date de naissance à toute demande de renseignements.
I believe (LG) are the initials of the officer. Anyone can confirm?

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Another update from my end. After emailing the VO on Monday about the note on RCMP fingerprints being requested on multiple pages in our GCMS notes, we got a response from the VO today. They simply sent an email making a formal request for the fingerprint based police certificate. I just scanned and emailed the report to the VO that we got back in May in anticipation of the request which we thought would come by the end of June.

The lesson learned from this was that errors can happen at any time. If we didn't order the GCMS notes, who knows how long it would have taken for them to send the request. In the notes, the entry for the request actually dated back to the beginning of March, after we got SA and had to submit Schedule A. I'm thinking that they forgot to send an email requesting the fingerprint certificate at that time. Now 4 plus months later we found out. It probably delayed our app from moving forward. However, better late than never.

I am ordering the notes again at the end of August. I don't have too much faith in whoever is handling our app and the whole process for that matter. I'm going to try and be as proactive as I can because I am a little paranoid now that they might miss something again.
I am happy for you to hear that they finally reply/requested your RCMP, it seems that MVO is making some mistakes, for me they requested only a set of fingerprints in March when they meant to request all PCC they re-sent the request in April, so we got delayed for a month, luckily we received the RCMP very quickly and were able to send those while waiting for the rest they started the criminality as soon as they got the RCMP scanned and we finally sent the rest of the documents on June 20-ish. I will also order the notes at the end of August to see what's going on. like you said in other post is hard the waiting but now knowing that they can make mistakes and not being able to see more info from MyCIC (like in my case using a rep) makes me more confident in requesting the notes.

hopefully your application will be going fast after they received the RCMP, I think is a good sign that they extended your medicals! So good luck!

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Hello Sneakydriver,

long time no read...
I can't confirm if the initials are for the agent, but looking at the last letter that we received (request of the PCC) is signed Sincerely, Immigration Section (MAV). Also it wasn't a generic letter. They addressed my husband like Mr ONLY ONE LAST NAME, when they usually put Dear FULL NAME, and this time wrote directly on the email adding just the list of the documents. They usually attached the letter with the documents that are needed like the one Majestic post before. Sorry I hope i am being clear in my explanation.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hello Sneakydriver,

long time no read...
I can't confirm if the initials are for the agent, but looking at the last letter that we received (request of the PCC) is signed Sincerely, Immigration Section (MAV). Also it wasn't a generic letter. They addressed my husband like Mr ONLY ONE LAST NAME, when they usually put Dear FULL NAME, and this time wrote directly on the email adding just the list of the documents. They usually attached the letter with the documents that are needed like the one Majestic post before. Sorry I hope i am being clear in my explanation.
Mine was addressed to my partner's name also. However, the rest of it looked like it was a standard form. There is no signature but there is in brackets LG at the end of the first line of the embassy address (is that what you mean by agent's initials?)

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
So you actually ask for a confirmation? I put down if there is any other information they need, then please send another message. I didn't think to ask them to send confirmation apart from the auto reply.

What do they say in the confirmation? The auto reply usually comes within minutes of sending the message.
Yeah i do. I always say please confirm receipt of requested documents and i always hear back

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Thise are the officers initials. I bet if you look in your notes youll see those initials as the person processing your application

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
I believe that are the initials as well. We've had "mav" and "LU" as initials when we got the official aor2 and the confirmation of receipt for the RPRF

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Thise are the officers initials. I bet if you look in your notes youll see those initials as the person processing your application
Must be, I just check the notes and MA#### appears on most of my updates. I read the notes again and I understand them better. So anxious to send the next request, tho I have to wait until end of August (so i can have more info), I believed that they will contact us around that date as it appears as a due date in APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT.

Is cool to learn something new from this process...

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Must be, I just check the notes and MA#### appears on most of my updates. I read the notes again and I understand them better. So anxious to send the next request, tho I have to wait until end of August (so i can have more info), I believed that they will contact us around that date as it appears as a due date in APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT.

Ill have to re read mine to look for that date again!!!

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Ok, that's interesting. I'll have to check our other correspondences to see if it's the same person. Keep learning new things here all the time too!

Reactions: Aloaleja

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018

What does application assignment mean? Mine was 7/17