20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Luna21 said:
The average is actually 10 months, as per the spreadsheet. 18 months would be like worst case scenario. Anyway, it looks like that average is going to increase this year. Has anyone ordered notes? :)
I wish you were right. I have seen family applications going up to four years... my wife just meet two cases where they were complaining that it was the third medical that was requested for them as the other two already expired (they freaked out my wife... but their cases were quite complex, so it was understandable that it would take longer).

So... 18 months is (as CANzanillo explained) the average for 80% of the applications. That means that 1 out of 5 applications WILL take longer than 18 months.

The spreadsheet is quite.... incomplete, it is good to get an idea, but in no way it is good to create any expectations on processing times, as it doesn't have enough data on it and also the complexity of each case is not annotated anywhere (if this is a third marriage, kids are also applying, if the sponsor is Canadian, PR, etc.).

CANzanillo said:
I thought visa-exempt country applications were processed in Ottawa... but obviously not.
Applications are processed in the corresponding office for the country where the main applicant resides.

Chile is managed by Mexico... I think that is true for all America BUT the USA and Canada (might be wrong).

csanti said:
Thank you people!!
Oh no I need to order them because I'm an extremely impatient person!! Waiting like this, with no info or not seeing any updates, is killing me!
My curiosity wins!
Okay, I'll share them when I get them...in a month or so.

Good luck to everyone!
Giving them more work is not the best way to help them process applications faster.

csanti said:
My hope is that since we are a visa exempt country (since November 2014 we don't need tourist visas to get into Canada), and that my app is very straightforward, that my application will be processed faster hahaha doesn't seem to work that away....Anyway, I'm hoping to get news before February, since my medicals expire between Feb 27th-March 5th (don't remember the exact day).
TRVs and PRs are different process that do not relate in any sense. This is good and bad. Good because if you are refused a TRV or you get bounced when attempting to enter Canada it won't have any impact in your application for PR. This is bad because if you have had many TRVs with flawless process or (as in your case) you are from a Visa exempt country that won't help you at all.

What will definitely help you is if your application is straightforward. For example, two people with an obvious relationship, no children, not many different jobs or addresses, no previous formal commitments (marriages, common laws) etc. etc. If so I would expect your application to be in the 10-14 month gap.

TorontoLove

Sep 2, 2015
Hello Manere,

I got the same request too for the constancia de datos registrales and because right now I am in Canada I wasn't sure what to do, if request it through the embassy (I heard it takes around 6 months to get it this way) or send my dad to get it for me so we decided to ask my dad to request it for me because we think that will make the process to go faster, in case that they don't accept it that way then we will request it through the embassy but that way at least we tried the fastest way first.

So i send all the documents and the carta poder to my dad last Monday and he went to request the constancia de datos registrales last Friday and it supposed that it takes 10 days to get it done but today they called my dad that he can go and pick it up and I was surprised because everything in Mexico takes forever to get done, anyways I will translate it to English this week and send it the Mexico city office and pray that everything goes ok.

Manere said:
Hi everyone

I am wondering if any of you have experience with getting the "Carta de datos registrales" through the Embassy. And also the real average time that takes to processes in the Embassy.

I am in the middle of the two options of sending someone to do it in the PGR or sending all ythe documents to the Embassy to to it in my behalf, and right now I am not sure what to do, just want to find the right one to avoid less trouble.

Thanks!!

Luna21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015..........SA email 21-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/15/2015
That's the time it took the visa office to process 80% of the applications received on a certain period of time. It is not the average, that's not the same...
I think it is evident now that the VO has a terrible backlog, I assume because of the transfer from SD. Which for me it doesn't make sense seeing other streams processed much faster. And the requesting of adittional medicals, that's just disrespectful towards people, what are they going to do? Request those medical to all of us AGAIN? BS.

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
TorontoLove said:
Hello Manere,

I got the same request too for the constancia de datos registrales and because right now I am in Canada I wasn't sure what to do, if request it through the embassy (I heard it takes around 6 months to get it this way) or send my dad to get it for me so we decided to ask my dad to request it for me because we think that will make the process to go faster, in case that they don't accept it that way then we will request it through the embassy but that way at least we tried the fastest way first.

So i send all the documents and the carta poder to my dad last Monday and he went to request the constancia de datos registrales last Friday and it supposed that it takes 10 days to get it done but today they called my dad that he can go and pick it up and I was surprised because everything in Mexico takes forever to get done, anyways I will translate it to English this week and send it the Mexico city office and pray that everything goes ok.
That's great that you were able to get it done so quickly! When my wife went to get hers they told her that it "might" be ready the next day. As it turned out it wasn't but it was still only 3 working days.

May I ask how you sent everything to your dad and assuming it was by courier how much did it cost?

Valeescu

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
CANzanillo said:
That's great that you were able to get it done so quickly! When my wife went to get hers they told her that it "might" be ready the next day. As it turned out it wasn't but it was still only 3 working days.

May I ask how you sent everything to your dad and assuming it was by courier how much did it cost?
HI CANzanillo! Just a question... Did MCVO send you a request for medicals? They sent me an email asking for my medicals.. Even though they expire on December 9th, could that be the reason they are asking for them again? With a month in advance?

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Valeescu said:
HI CANzanillo! Just a question... Did MCVO send you a request for medicals? They sent me an email asking for my medicals.. Even though they expire on December 9th, could that be the reason they are asking for them again? With a month in advance?
Did you get the email today? Can you copy and paste the letter for us to read?

Without reading exactly what the letter says I would say that indeed they are asking you for a new medical due to expiry. Possibly so that they can issue the visa once they receive the new medicals to give you plenty of time to land.

We have not received such a request up to this point.

Valeescu

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
CANzanillo said:
Did you get the email today? Can you copy and paste the letter for us to read?

Without reading exactly what the letter says I would say that indeed they are asking you for a new medical due to expiry. Possibly so that they can issue the visa once they receive the new medicals to give you plenty of time to land.

We have not received such a request up to this point.
The letter is the following :

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
Medical Examination Please print the medical form sent to you and bring it to your appointment with a Designated Medical Practitioner along with four (4) additional photographs for you. For more information, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time **
Please note: Supporting civil documents and police certificates must be in English or French. If they are not, send a certified translation with a copy of the originals.
The above information/documents must be received in this office within 30/60/90 days of the date of this letter. Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please include your complete file number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to the Immigration Section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico at the address indicated at the bottom of the page.

Then they sent me another document with medical instructions which are the following :

These medical instructions are being issued since your application has been processed to the stage where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.
IMPORTANT: You are required to undergo the medical examinations within 30 days of the date of this
letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

The medical examination must be performed by a doctor from the CIC list of Panel Physicians.
You cannot choose your family doctor if his or her name is not on this list. See the list of Panel Physicians to find a doctor in your area at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
Once you identify a panel physician in your area, book an appointment for your medical examination. When you schedule your appointment, please ensure that arrangements are made for your chest x-ray and laboratory tests as well. Once your medical has been completed the doctor will forward the medical results to CIC.
Any costs related to the medical examination are your responsibility and are payable at the time of the examination. Should your application be refused following the completion of your medical examination these costs will not be refunded.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- The attached Medical Report form (IMM1017E)
- Proper identification (proof of identity must include at least one government-issued document with photograph and signature, such as a passport or national identity card)
- Eye glasses or contact lenses, if worn
- Any medical reports or test results that you may have as a result of previous or existing medical conditions
- Four recent photographs (photos are not required if the panel physician is listed as “eMedical enabled” on the CIC website listed above)
Note: It is important that you inform the panel physician of any previous or existing medical conditions. Failure to do so will delay the processing of your medical examination.

saraotty

Star Member
May 1, 2015
They sent me the same email! They attached a form with my husband's application number and address. When my husband contacted the doctor'S office they asked to print one more form from CIC website. Call the doctor asap the know exactly what you need.. good luck!!!

Valeescu

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
saraotty said:
They sent me the same email! They attached a form with my husband's application number and address. When my husband contacted the doctor'S office they asked to print one more form from CIC website. Call the doctor asap the know exactly what you need.. good luck!!!
Did you take the 4 photographs? Because I'm pretty sure this doctor works with e medical. PS where did you find the form on the CIC website? I cant find it. Thanks ! :D

maguita

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
maguita said:
My meds expire December 1st and I haven't get this email, so it means that you resend a copy of the meds last year or that we have to go and order new ones? I already sent 8 pictures since the beggin.

Thank you for sharing.

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Valeescu said:
The letter is the following :

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
Medical Examination Please print the medical form sent to you and bring it to your appointment with a Designated Medical Practitioner along with four (4) additional photographs for you. For more information, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time **
Please note: Supporting civil documents and police certificates must be in English or French. If they are not, send a certified translation with a copy of the originals.
The above information/documents must be received in this office within 30/60/90 days of the date of this letter. Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please include your complete file number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to the Immigration Section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico at the address indicated at the bottom of the page.

Then they sent me another document with medical instructions which are the following :

These medical instructions are being issued since your application has been processed to the stage where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.
IMPORTANT: You are required to undergo the medical examinations within 30 days of the date of this
letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

The medical examination must be performed by a doctor from the CIC list of Panel Physicians.
You cannot choose your family doctor if his or her name is not on this list. See the list of Panel Physicians to find a doctor in your area at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
Once you identify a panel physician in your area, book an appointment for your medical examination. When you schedule your appointment, please ensure that arrangements are made for your chest x-ray and laboratory tests as well. Once your medical has been completed the doctor will forward the medical results to CIC.
Any costs related to the medical examination are your responsibility and are payable at the time of the examination. Should your application be refused following the completion of your medical examination these costs will not be refunded.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- The attached Medical Report form (IMM1017E)
- Proper identification (proof of identity must include at least one government-issued document with photograph and signature, such as a passport or national identity card)
- Eye glasses or contact lenses, if worn
- Any medical reports or test results that you may have as a result of previous or existing medical conditions
- Four recent photographs (photos are not required if the panel physician is listed as “eMedical enabled” on the CIC website listed above)
Note: It is important that you inform the panel physician of any previous or existing medical conditions. Failure to do so will delay the processing of your medical examination.
Well, I haven't seen a "Re-Medical" letter before but I think one has to assume that this is a request for re-medical, even though it is clearly unclear ??? that that is the case. The simple addition of a few clear words like "as your medicals are about to expire" would remove any doubt. Reading the letter one would think they never received ANY medicals!! Silly!

Does your ECAS shows medicals received??

Sending an email to clarify may be in order here. Whoever sent the email didn't even edit the document return time and left it at 30/60/90 days, though it does state that they want the medicals done within 30 days of the letter. And, of course, it makes sense to complete it ASAP.

If you are residing in Canada you are lucky as I assume there are panel physicians close to you and you won't have to spend $1000 to travel to Mexico City for re-medicals. :-\

Not trying to make a big deal of this. Bottom line. Get the medicals done again asap. Hopefully this leads to PPR quickly for you! :)

Speedy processing...

Valeescu

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
CANzanillo said:
Well, I haven't seen a "Re-Medical" letter before but I think one has to assume that this is a request for re-medical, even though it is clearly unclear ??? that that is the case. The simple addition of a few clear words like "as your medicals are about to expire" would remove any doubt. Reading the letter one would think they never received ANY medicals!! Silly!

Does your ECAS shows medicals received??

Sending an email to clarify may be in order here. Whoever sent the email didn't even edit the document return time and left it at 30/60/90 days, though it does state that they want the medicals done within 30 days of the letter. And, of course, it makes sense to complete it ASAP.

If you are residing in Canada you are lucky as I assume there are panel physicians close to you and you won't have to spend $1000 to travel to Mexico City for re-medicals. :-\

Not trying to make a big deal of this. Bottom line. Get the medicals done again asap. Hopefully this leads to PPR quickly for you! :)

Speedy processing...
I know, that part confused me too, we are living in Uruguay so we can do them here, yes my ecas has shown medicals recieved since the first time we have logged on to check the process of our application, but then again it must be remedicals because saraotty said it was the same email they sent them, plus my comes with an extra form saying my husbands name and information as well as saraotty.
Ps. Called the doctors office this morning, got an appointment for Tuesday of next week!

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Valeescu said:
I know, that part confused me too, we are living in Uruguay so we can do them here, yes my ecas has shown medicals recieved since the first time we have logged on to check the process of our application, but then again it must be remedicals because saraotty said it was the same email they sent them, plus my comes with an extra form saying my husbands name and information as well as saraotty.
Ps. Called the doctors office this morning, got an appointment for Tuesday of next week!
Definitely re-medicals then. It's great that things are moving forward for you!

I am of the opinion that we Mexico applicants should not be doing medicals upfront but rather include a letter in the original application explaining that you will do medicals once SA approval is received, or once AOR2 is received. Especially if the panel physician is e-medical enabled the VO would receive the medicals quickly and this would extend the expiry such that there would be enough time to have your application approved and sufficient time to land before they expire. This situation of having to re-do medicals, for routine applications, slows down processing, costs time and in some cases significant cash.

Just my humble opinion! :'(

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Jalex23 said:
Hey guys...

Question... my wife is receiving the dumb PGR translation tomorrow and the package will be ready sometime around noon. We were wondering if she can personally drop the package in Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, or it must be couriered to the Immigration section.

Anybody knows???
So my wife just found out... and...

...it must be courier only.

Well it wasn't too much of a hassle, and we had to try.

Hope this helps someone ;)

CANzanillo said:
Definitely re-medicals then. It's great that things are moving forward for you!

I am of the opinion that we Mexico applicants should not be doing medicals upfront but rather include a letter in the original application explaining that you will do medicals once SA approval is received, or once AOR2 is received. Especially if the panel physician is e-medical enabled the VO would receive the medicals quickly and this would extend the expiry such that there would be enough time to have your application approved and sufficient time to land before they expire. This situation of having to re-do medicals, for routine applications, slows down processing, costs time and in some cases significant cash.

Just my humble opinion! :'(
I am of the same opinion... but... I have seen applications marked as "incomplete" if sent without the medicals.

That is why we did the medicals upfront. I would have liked to do them on demand, but I didn't want to risk it.

gambrinus777

Aug 12, 2015
Reading this posts makes me feel like that VO officers have little respect for applicants. They seem not to understand how difficult is for some of us to re-do medicals and other requisites. In Venezuela for example is quite a nightmare to find an appointment specially if you are not from Caracas; and when they send you a letter, they don't bother to explain a little better what they want. I hope that our new P.M. change things around as he promised, because right now is a terrible process.