+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

maguita

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
maguita said:
Hello guys, good morning,

I did check the status of my application and it has 3 line , the last one say medical exams received that's all. So I will wait to see what happens .

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
Good Saturday Morning all!

I need an opinion from the collective here. I am struggling to interpret the VO request for updated Schedule A Background/Declaration, specifically section 12 - Addresses.

Here is the request from VO:

Updated Schedule A

Please submit an updated version of Schedule A Background / Declaration form (IMM 5669) for you.

In section 8, specify in English or French the months and years of each of your activities and indicate your precise occupation (exact job title, unemployed, student, visitor, detainee, etc.) since January 2011. Please avoid unclear information such as “employed” and leave no gap between activities.

In section 12, specify in English or French the months and years of each of your addresses where you lived since January 2011. Leave no gap between addresses.

You must specify the month and year spent in Mexico, Latin-American and USA.

My doubt revolves around the section 12 request. It seems obvious at first, put in the addresses where you live. Easy Peasy! My doubt comes from the next sentence. The sentence in bold above.

Background: We made a long motorcycle trip through Central, South America and the USA between October 2013 and August 2014.

For the section 8 part of Schedule A, I made a spreadsheet and detailed the dates of every country we visited on our trip which I thought satisfied their request in BOLD. Now I am having some doubts about whether they may also want detailed information on every hostel and hotel where we "lived" for a night while on this trip.

I am perhaps being paranoid but I want to ensure I give them what they want. I didn't think "live" meant anything other than your "residence" but perhaps "live" for them means something different. I think I am going crazy!!! ???

Can anyone offer their experience with this section of Schedule A. How much detail do you think they are looking for? I mean really? we are potentially talking about 50-100 places, many of which I can't even remember.

Besides I wonder about the relevance anyway. It's not liked we lived in any one country for more than a year which would require a Police Certificate.

Appreciate your help and comments! Hope this makes sense...

Speedy Processing!

2worlds1love

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico it IS...not Santo Domingo Anymore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015; Sponsor Approved-21-05-2015(emailed)AOR2 09-25-2015
Med's Done....
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015 (received it Dec 21st as we had issues with DHL courrier)
LANDED..........
Scheduled for 02-05-2016
lexDR said:
Good evening everyone. I've been following the Mexico thread for some time now and I thought it was time to be a part of it. There are some very knowledgable members here! Now I know I am jumping the gun a bit, but I have noticed that members who have applied after me have received their AOR2 and I have yet to receive mine. Our ecas shows "in process" and the third line that states they started processing my application on August 25. Is it common that some people don't get an AOR2? Like I said, I might be jumping the gun. Curious if this means I might be in line for an interview. Anyways i've been pretty relaxed and patient up until recently when I started seeing movement in MCVO with all the AOR2s. Now i've become obsessed with checking my email and this thread to see if there are any updates. I've officially hit the "going crazy" stage. ???
Anyways TIA. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.
lexDR ;)
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm only a few weeks ahead of you and we only got our AOR2 letter a week ago this past Friday. Like you, there were people that applied after us that got their letter before us. I'm sure it will arrived in the next 2 weeks. Also i wouldn't worry because those of us who had our ECAS say "in process" since "August 25" its not like any of us have heard anything further. I think we are still months from getting interview request or PPR. Especially since several Dominican applicants are waiting on interviews from the 2014 group still.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
CANzanillo said:
I am perhaps being paranoid but I want to ensure I give them what they want. I didn't think "live" meant anything other than your "residence" but perhaps "live" for them means something different. I think I am going crazy!!! ???
By "live" it means that it was your residence and you would certainly have a way to prove it, with an ID, a tenancy agreement or land titles under your name. By rule of thumb you live there when you can be contacted e.g. your received mail in a regular basis (utilities, packages, bank statements, personal mail).

So a trip like yours doesn't count as "living". If you indeed try to put it in it will raise questions on why you changed your place of residence so often (and that doesn't look too good).

CANzanillo said:
Besides I wonder about the relevance anyway. It's not liked we lived in any one country for more than a year which would require a Police Certificate.
It is six months, right? Any country you lived for more than 6 months requires a security clearance.

Luna21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015..........SA email 21-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/15/2015
2worlds1love said:
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm only a few weeks ahead of you and we only got our AOR2 letter a week ago this past Friday. Like you, there were people that applied after us that got their letter before us. I'm sure it will arrived in the next 2 weeks. Also i wouldn't worry because those of us who had our ECAS say "in process" since "August 25" its not like any of us have heard anything further. I think we are still months from getting interview request or PPR. Especially since several Dominican applicants are waiting on interviews from the 2014 group still.
I wouldn't think those applicants that are required to go to an interview affect the processing of applications. I mean, they will continue processing apps, if required for an interview, I'm guessing the put you on "hold" until you go to the interview.

Canzanillo, I would do that spreadsheet with more details, if you don't remember the place you stayed, just write the city and country. And resend it. And make sure those dates are the same from passport stamps. Maybe they just want to know where your wife has been since app was sent, not sure if she's been to Canada or somewhere else.

Good luck to everyone this week!, I hope we start seeing PPRs, I'm starting to get a little nervous again :p

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Jalex23 said:
By "live" it means that it was your residence and you would certainly have a way to prove it, with an ID, a tenancy agreement or land titles under your name. By rule of thumb you live there when you can be contacted e.g. your received mail in a regular basis (utilities, packages, bank statements, personal mail).

So a trip like yours doesn't count as "living". If you indeed try to put it in it will raise questions on why you changed your place of residence so often (and that doesn't look too good).

It is six months, right? Any country you lived for more than 6 months requires a security clearance.
Tx for your response Jalex23!

That is exactly what I believed also, but then some doubt started to enter in...

Then I guess their reference in that statement referred to my wife's activities (Section 8) during that time period in question, not Section 12.

Ok 6 months, I really wasn't positive about that, but in either case it is irrelevant as my wife has never lived in an country other than Mexico for more than 6 months!

Thanks again for clearing that up for me!!

2worlds1love, Thanks, I have done a detailed section 8 spreadsheet and will send that in...

Going back to Mexico tomorrow Tuesday so we will finalize all the documents they requested and courier it in later this week. October 14th deadline :eek: ??? :-\ :'(

Speedy Processing!

junketsu

Mar 23, 2015
Hey,

I live in Costa Rica and Canada has requested my passport. They say I have to send it (as well as other documents like photos and whatnot) to Mexico via courier. However they are not explicit with the address so I am a bit lost.

At the footer of the email, I see written

"Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Colonia Granada, Del. Miguel Hidalgo, 11520, Mexico D.F. Mexico"

Which gives me the impression that this is the address I should be using for my courier. But since this is just a footer and the email doesn't specify, I'm not sure.

Since you guys have done this before, do you know if this is the correct address to send my passport to? The reason I am concerned is because their website (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mexico-mexique/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng) has a different address:

Embassy of Canada
Schiller 529, Col. Bosque de Chapultepec (Polanco)
Del. Miguel Hidalgo
11580 Mexico City, D.F.
Mexico

My email also says "JUL2014 VERSION" if that's of any relevance.

Luna21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015..........SA email 21-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/15/2015
junketsu said:
Hey,

I live in Costa Rica and Canada has requested my passport. They say I have to send it (as well as other documents like photos and whatnot) to Mexico via courier. However they are not explicit with the address so I am a bit lost.

At the footer of the email, I see written

"Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Colonia Granada, Del. Miguel Hidalgo, 11520, Mexico D.F. Mexico"

Which gives me the impression that this is the address I should be using for my courier. But since this is just a footer and the email doesn't specify, I'm not sure.

Since you guys have done this before, do you know if this is the correct address to send my passport to? The reason I am concerned is because their website (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mexico-mexique/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng) has a different address:

Embassy of Canada
Schiller 529, Col. Bosque de Chapultepec (Polanco)
Del. Miguel Hidalgo
11580 Mexico City, D.F.
Mexico

My email also says "JUL2014 VERSION" if that's of any relevance.
When I sent my passport back in 2013 skilled worker application I sent it to the first address that Saavedra one.
Congratulations! What is your time line? When did you get AOR?

junketsu

Mar 23, 2015
Luna21 said:
When I sent my passport back in 2013 skilled worker application I sent it to the first address that Saavedra one.
Congratulations! What is your time line? When did you get AOR?
Thank you, it seems to be the right address.

• They received my application on April 22 2015
  • Got my AOR May 4
  • Got my medical instructions July 20
  • I sent my medical stuff on August 3
  • They asked for my passport on September 22

Overall they were really fast processing. Actually, it was me the one who got delayed.

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
junketsu said:
Thank you, it seems to be the right address.

• They received my application on April 22 2015
  • Got my AOR May 4
  • Got my medical instructions July 20
  • I sent my medical stuff on August 3
  • They asked for my passport on September 22

Overall they were really fast processing. Actually, it was me the one who got delayed.
That's an awesome timeline.. Congrats..

Herrera09

Oct 6, 2015
Thank You. Well i filed my application March 23 2015. Recieved the sponsor approval May 28 2015. My file was transferd over to VO in Mexico City. We recieved what they call the AOR Sep 18 2015. Now i see people have 2 AOR and alot of people are getting fast processing times does the approval letter of Sponser count as the 1st AOR ?? And also my medicals were sent off with the application. Now my lawyer says i might not need interview. My concern is will this be over soon or does it still have a while??

maguita

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
maguita said:
Canzanillo,

It,s ok to set just a fix address because you don't really live but traveled.

So your address is your home at your country and the other locations will be country to visit or traveled location.

Hope everything move forward for you.

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Tx Maguita!

To update, I arrived back in Manzanillo late Tuesday night. First thing Wednesday morning we drove to the Estafeta depot here and retrieved the translation of the PGR Constancia de Datos Registrales. Then we went home and put the finishing touches on the one kilogram additional document package we put together. At 5:40 pm we arrived at the FedEx office and overnighted the package to the immigration section of the Embassy of Canada in Mexico DF. It was delivered at 7:49am this morning. So now we wait again. My wife's medicals expire on Dec 15th so we are hoping that by Nov 14th we get a PPR, get her passport back by day Dec 1 and that will give us 2 weeks to land before the medicals expire. All this assuming no interview and a positive result of course. Glad the stress of this portion of the process is over. Now we can relax for a few weeks. Later I will post what I sent in as evidence of intent to re-establish in Canada.

Speedy processing!