Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
1 Husband ETA - August 1, 2015!
jack87 said:
Hi everyone!

I flagpoled and landed in Canada two days ago!!

My mother-in-law was kind enough to drive my wife and I across the US border and back.

I was so worried about bringing extra documentation to show CBSA when I landed in Canada (in case I got grilled for whatever reason) that I forgot I needed an I-94 form in addition to my US tourist visa in order to enter the US. The US border agents were unusually nice and said "don't worry, we'll give you an I-94 form in secondary" so all three of us got pulled into secondary because of me. The agent at the secondary office who filled out the I-94 for me was also super nice, which was weird for me as I am used to being scrutinized by US immigration/customs agents. The last time I traveled to the US was 6 years ago and the US immigration agent at the airport insinuated that I had a fake/stolen passport and when I asked if anything was wrong he got very mouthy, but let me through anyway.

We went to a supermarket in Blaine and six 12-can cases of pop later (they had so many varieties of pop there... holy cow), we headed back to Canada, told the CBSA officer I was landing and were sent to secondary. I got asked a few questions and sent to sit down to wait for the CBSA officer to fill out paperwork, which was the longest wait ever - at one point there were 3 other officers helping him so I guess maybe he wasn't familiar with landing procedures? Got called back to the counter, signed the COPR, was warned not to go outside Canada and the US before receiving my PR card in the mail, was handed a really outdated 'things to do after you land' guide of sorts, and the officer said "Welcome to Canada."

Done!
Felicidades Jack87!

fabibeach

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-20-2014
Doc's Request.
02-20-2015
AOR Received.
none; SA Received on: 12-15-2014; AOR2: 02-20-2015
File Transfer...
12-15-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 07-02-2015 DM: 07-07-2015 COPR received: 07-09-2015
LANDED..........
08-15-2015
jack87 said:
Hi everyone!

My mother-in-law was kind enough to drive my wife and I across the US border and back.

I was so worried about bringing extra documentation to show CBSA when I landed in Canada (in case I got grilled for whatever reason) that I forgot I needed an I-94 form in addition to my US tourist visa in order to enter the US. The US border agents were unusually nice and said "don't worry, we'll give you an I-94 form in secondary" so all three of us got pulled into secondary because of me. The agent at the secondary office who filled out the I-94 for me was also super nice, which was weird for me as I am used to being scrutinized by US immigration/customs agents. The last time I traveled to the US was 6 years ago and the US immigration agent at the airport insinuated that I had a fake/stolen passport and when I asked if anything was wrong he got very mouthy, but let me through anyway.

We went to a supermarket in Blaine and six 12-can cases of pop later (they had so many varieties of pop there... holy cow), we headed back to Canada, told the CBSA officer I was landing and were sent to secondary. I got asked a few questions and sent to sit down to wait for the CBSA officer to fill out paperwork, which was the longest wait ever - at one point there were 3 other officers helping him so I guess maybe he wasn't familiar with landing procedures? Got called back to the counter, signed the COPR, was warned not to go outside Canada and the US before receiving my PR card in the mail, was handed a really outdated 'things to do after you land' guide of sorts, and the officer said "Welcome to Canada."

Done!
Congrats jack! Glad to know everything went well for you :)

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
jack87 said:
Hi everyone!

Done!
Congratulations! Welcome "back" to Canada!! :)

CanHonduras

Jun 11, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum, but have been reading post for quite some time. Still waiting to hear from the embassy. I received documents request 3 months ago, but have not heard from them ever since. :( sent email but they said file is in queue. Waiting is driving me Crazy!!!

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
Part 1: 23-01-2015 Part 2: 24-03-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
CanHonduras said:
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum, but have been reading post for quite some time. Still waiting to hear from the embassy. I received documents request 3 months ago, but have not heard from them ever since. :( sent email but they said file is in queue. Waiting is driving me Crazy!!!
Don't worry, looks like they are just getting to November applicants, things will start moving very quickly soon.

Chrillan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 29-05-2015 AOR2: 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Thank you. I will ask him to call them again. Maybe what they needed was our file # which we didn't have because he spoke with them before we had sent in our papers. I have also read somewhere that the Medical exam only is valid for 3 months and then it expires? I think we need to talk to them again for sure.
I really appreciate every ones posts here, it's nice to know we are not alone in this waiting limbo...

:)

Chrillan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 29-05-2015 AOR2: 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Thank you for moving me up on the list, I wish it was that easy with CIC ;D

Can you tell me - I saw this comment from someone earlier "*** Say "thanks" by clicking the [Good] button on your left!!! Smiley **" and I thought to myself that I would want to be polite when I start posting here... but I cant figure out where the [Good] button is ???

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
Chrillan said:
Thank you. I will ask him to call them again. Maybe what they needed was our file # which we didn't have because he spoke with them before we had sent in our papers. I have also read somewhere that the Medical exam only is valid for 3 months and then it expires? I think we need to talk to them again for sure.
I really appreciate every ones posts here, it's nice to know we are not alone in this waiting limbo...

:)
It is valid for 12 months but if there is no medical issue found they will likely extend it until your application is processed, but it shouldn't take that long anyway.

maguita

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
maguita said:
Hi Canzanillo thank you for your fast response. I appreciate it and is nice to feel I am not alone in this process: Here is my information please let me know if you need anything else. :)

Timeline Dates:
Date Format: MM/DD/YYYY

PR Applicant's Country of Origin: Mexico
Is Username the PR Applicant? Yes
Are you residing with your spouse/partner? Yes
Are you residing in Canada? Yes but as a tourist coming in and out of the country every 6 months
Date Application Sent to CPC Miss: 12/23/2014
Date Application Received by CPC Miss:12/24/2014
Date Medical Done:12/10/2014
Date Medical Sent: 12/23/2014
Date Stage 1 AOR Received:03/12/2015
Date Sponsorship Approval Received:03/12/2015
Date of File Transfer to MCVO:
Date Stage 2 AOR Received:
Date Interview Requested:
Date Interview Completed:
Date Additional Documents Requested:
Date PGR Sent:
Date of ARC Request:
Date Passport Requested by VO:
Date Passport Sent to VO:
Date of Confirmation Passport Rec'd by VO:
ECAS PR Application Status:
Date Passport Rec'd with COPR/Visa:
Date Landed in Canada:
Destination in Canada: Toronto

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
fabibeach said:
Four weeks ago I sent my passport to Visa Ofiice and still have not received it back.
Along with passport request, I received a letter saying I had to land in Canada before August 19th and that they would take 2 to 3 weeks before they returned my passport, but today is four weeks without hearing from them.
I sent email asking and they didn´t reply.
Ecas still says In Process.
Anyone has any comments about this?
I just want to be done with this and have my passport back! :´(
Hey Fabibeach, any update on your ppr? Have you received your passport back or has it left yet?

fabibeach

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-20-2014
Doc's Request.
02-20-2015
AOR Received.
none; SA Received on: 12-15-2014; AOR2: 02-20-2015
File Transfer...
12-15-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 07-02-2015 DM: 07-07-2015 COPR received: 07-09-2015
LANDED..........
08-15-2015
tishness said:
Hey Fabibeach, any update on your ppr? Have you received your passport back or has it left yet?
No Tish.....tomorrow will be officially 5 weeks since I sent it.
They replied today to my email though, saying that "my application is still in finalization process.
Pls be patient and keep your correspondence to a minimum" LOL

So yes.....keep waiting......well......idk, maybe your husband will get his even before I get mine, tish!! In any case, we are almost done, I am not freaking out anymore. Nothing we can do.

artecita

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
send with application
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
20-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
Hey Guys,
I am in the middle of the hurricane right now, I got the request for my police records and I am currently looking for people that already did that process from Canada, I already send the papers to the embassy in Mexico, but I would like to know how long it took you or any tip or advice you can tell me, it will be greatly appeciated. I've heard so many horror stories and I am quite nervous at the moment since I only have around 46 days to send them.
So, please, if someone here knows anything please help this poor tortured soul to get some sleep <3

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
artecita said:
Hey Guys,
I am in the middle of the hurricane right now, I got the request for my police records and I am currently looking for people that already did that process from Canada, I already send the papers to the embassy in Mexico, but I would like to know how long it took you or any tip or advice you can tell me, it will be greatly appeciated. I've heard so many horror stories and I am quite nervous at the moment since I only have around 46 days to send them.
So, please, if someone here knows anything please help this poor tortured soul to get some sleep <3
Don't want to sound pessimistic but be prepared for long delays. I know of some applicants (including myself) who have been waiting for the Mexican embassy to process the police cert request for FIVE months and nothing is being done about it. There has been a change in how police certificate requests are processed from outside Mexico and by the sounds of it, it might not be possible to get them anymore (this is what I gather from my GMCS notes and from other peoples' experiences). The other option is to go to Mexico and request them in person, but this won't work if you're not a Mexican citizen as the PGR does not issue background checks to tourists.

artecita

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
send with application
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
20-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
MissRepresentation said:
Don't want to sound pessimistic but be prepared for long delays. I know of some applicants (including myself) who have been waiting for the Mexican embassy to process the police cert request for FIVE months and nothing is being done about it. There has been a change in how police certificate requests are processed from outside Mexico and by the sounds of it, it might not be possible to get them anymore (this is what I gather from my GMCS notes and from other peoples' experiences). The other option is to go to Mexico and request them in person, but this won't work if you're not a Mexican citizen as the PGR does not issue background checks to tourists.
Thank you very much for your response, I also have been hearing some people having long delays on their PC's for months and some of them actually sending family members to do so, I will send an email to Ottawa to ask if they will accept them If I get them myself since I've also heard of people getting their Police records refused for not following the instructions with the embassy in Mexico, I am Mexican so I guess I don't have problems with that part, and I know they are quite fast to get if doing it in person or sending a family member. The weird part of all of this is that there is no information about this anywhere, PGR says it is something they are not doing and CIC says the opposite... it is just so confusing...

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
artecita said:
Hey Guys,
Just to be clear the delays are if you are in canada - you are in Mexico so you won't have this issue. You are in PV? If so, you need to go to the PGR sede office in Guadalajara, or the Tepic office if you are in Nayarit. My husband just completed his a couple months ago. You cannot do it anywhere else, it takes about 10 days to process and you need to go back again to pick it up in person. Make sure you check the website and have all the documents requested or they will not process you. You need a request letter from the embassy to present for the police check. They will not issue a federal check without it. The website here covers all the requirements http://www.pgr.gob.mx/servicios/constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp and the office listing is here http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Vinculacion%20Ciudadana/Directorio%20Delegaciones/directorio%20delegaciones.asp again only the sede office can process this. It is confusing because when you call and ask questions half the people have no idea what you are even talking about. So call the sede there is someone there who handles these and don't listen to anyone else but them. As far as sending someone else, you can't it must be you in person and the only way someone can pick up the completed certificates for you is if they have power if attorney for you. They will not courier or send by email either.