23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
1 Husband ETA - August 1, 2015!
Luna21 said:
Hi guys! Have you checked out the SD thread? Apparently that's what they're doing... They're working with the santo domingo backlog. Last week apparently they started receiving ppr and emails and so on. Now I truly believe they just stopped the pace with family sponsorship applications since February and started dealing with the SD transfer and now with their backlog.

I just hope they end with this backlog soon and start with 2015 applications. It's June and they just haven't even started :(
This is a very valid point. Keep in mind everyone, once they start processing you, things will move fast, don't be discouraged. We had a 1 month delay in SA because of a CPC Mississauga mistake, 2 non-accompanying minors without medicals, and it took my husband 1.5 months to get his PGR. His passport got shipped by the Mexico VO today, we are at 9 months and 1 week, including those hurdles. The wait from SA to AOR from the Mexico VO is the longest part of the process... but some of us finishing means they can start on the next one.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
tishness said:
This is a very valid point. Keep in mind everyone, once they start processing you, things will move fast, don't be discouraged. We had a 1 month delay in SA because of a CPC Mississauga mistake, 2 non-accompanying minors without medicals, and it took my husband 1.5 months to get his PGR. His passport got shipped by the Mexico VO today, we are at 9 months and 1 week, including those hurdles. The wait from SA to AOR from the Mexico VO is the longest part of the process... but some of us finishing means they can start on the next one.
They don't ALWAYS move fast. We sent the PGR over 3 months ago and nothing! So good luck but not everyone has good luck

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
JAMO1973 said:
They don't ALWAYS move fast. We sent the PGR over 3 months ago and nothing! So good luck but not everyone has good luck
Oh!!! There it goes all my hope to be in canada by september :-[ :'( :'(
I sort of understand how you feel, you've been waiting for almost a year even it's been only 7 months for me, for what i can tell is that i'll be waiting for another 3/4 months more :'( Maybe i will even hit the year mark, this is sooo frustrating

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
Part 1: 23-01-2015 Part 2: 24-03-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
1 Husband ETA - August 1, 2015!
JAMO1973 said:
Jamo perhaps try your MP's office, see if they will Make a formal inquiry on your behalf so see what's going on. have your ordered notes recently?

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
tishness said:
Jamo perhaps try your MP's office, see if they will Make a formal inquiry on your behalf so see what's going on. have your ordered notes recently?
Yes I've ordered notes. They haven't started anything on our file. Only the medical has been finished but that's obvious because we sent that in August. I don't live in Canada so the MP thing won't work. Anyway I don't think they can really do much. CIC is accountable to nobody and an MP wouldn't have any pull with the Mexico City VO. So it's just sit here and wait for us. Good luck to the rest but I don't think people should be talking about getting done in 7 months and stuff like that. This is not a fast and easy process for most people.

Luna21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015..........SA email 21-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/15/2015
JAMO1973 said:
Yes I've ordered notes. They haven't started anything on our file. Only the medical has been finished but that's obvious because we sent that in August. I don't live in Canada so the MP thing won't work. Anyway I don't think they can really do much. CIC is accountable to nobody and an MP wouldn't have any pull with the Mexico City VO. So it's just sit here and wait for us. Good luck to the rest but I don't think people should be talking about getting done in 7 months and stuff like that. This is not a fast and easy process for most people.
I actually believed that once you get aor they start processing your app. At least you're together :'( but anyway, it is certainly not an easy process... Maybe sponsors abroad are processed differently *wishful thinking*. It is really frustrating to see that other VOs are moving fast and Mexico is almost paralyzed, or that's what it seems. Good luck to everyone, and hope in a couple of months things start moving for everybody.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Luna21 said:
I actually believed that once you get aor they start processing your app. At least you're together :'( but anyway, it is certainly not an easy process... Maybe sponsors abroad are processed differently *wishful thinking*. It is really frustrating to see that other VOs are moving fast and Mexico is almost paralyzed, or that's what it seems. Good luck to everyone, and hope in a couple of months things start moving for everybody.
In my opinion sponsors living abroad should move faster. It is less likely for a marriage to be a fraud when the people live together as opposed to living apart and having met online or hav ing only met a few times before getting married. That is my opinion. I've lived here with my wife for over 5 years so I can't see what the hold-up is.

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
I have been waiting for AOr2(Or anything from MVO) 4 months now, i wish i wake up on monday with an e-mail from mexican VO requesting PGR's even if after that i have to wait for another 4 months at least is something...

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
JAMO1973 said:
if it makes you feel better. They screwed us around for 5 years in total. :D

People have no idea how lucky they are if they are finished within 1 year !

Is the glass half empty or half full !

NEVER GIVE UP !

Luna21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015..........SA email 21-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/15/2015
JAMO1973 said:
In my opinion sponsors living abroad should move faster. It is less likely for a marriage to be a fraud when the people live together as opposed to living apart and having met online or hav ing only met a few times before getting married. That is my opinion. I've lived here with my wife for over 5 years so I can't see what the hold-up is.

But there's a different approach to it : they also have to evaluate if the sponsor is moving back to Canada. Anyway, I know it isn't fair to anybody. Not every case follow that pattern. I didn't have a long distance relationship until we got married, and maybe there are people sponsoring abroad that got married after 3 months, even though it is less likely. You never know.

I understand your frustration, even more when they haven't even started.

SD applicants say México is moving fast at least! Hahaha. I just gave up all my hopes I would be reunited with my husband this year.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Luna21 said:
But there's a different approach to it : they also have to evaluate if the sponsor is moving back to Canada. Anyway, I know it isn't fair to anybody. Not every case follow that pattern. I didn't have a long distance relationship until we got married, and maybe there are people sponsoring abroad that got married after 3 months, even though it is less likely. You never know.

I understand your frustration, even more when they haven't even started.

SD applicants say México is moving fast at least! Hahaha. I just gave up all my hopes I would be reunited with my husband this year.
They do the evaluation of whether the sponsor will move back to Canada when the application is in Mississauga. That is the SA part of the app. Obviously we got SA or our app wouldn't be in Mexico. But since we sent our PGR which supposedly is the last step, we haven't heard anything. 3 1/2 months since they received our PGR. I sent them 2 e-mails and got the standard letters from them that we are in queue and will be dealt with in the order in which they are received bla bla bla. Obviously it's not true as people who sent the PGR after us have already gotten PPR. Anyway life. What a sh.t system they have. But nobody really has any option but to wait.

CanHonduras

Jun 11, 2015
I got an email from VO office requesting FBI clearance nor my husband or I have lived in U.S.A. my husband did enter U.S.A illegally but was detained and only remained 1 month in USA. Should they be requesting FBI clearance?

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Does anyone have a phone number for the Mexico City Visa office or does anyone have any other phone number where we could get some information about our application? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
CanHonduras said:
I got an email from VO office requesting FBI clearance nor my husband or I have lived in U.S.A. my husband did enter U.S.A illegally but was detained and only remained 1 month in USA. Should they be requesting FBI clearance?
If they're requesting it you need to give it. If they're requesting the FBI clearance, it's probably because they have done security checks and it has come under your husband's name that he was detained. Even though he was only there for a month, they probably need to make sure there's nothing else.

fabibeach

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-20-2014
Doc's Request.
02-20-2015
AOR Received.
none; SA Received on: 12-15-2014; AOR2: 02-20-2015
File Transfer...
12-15-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 07-02-2015 DM: 07-07-2015 COPR received: 07-09-2015
LANDED..........
08-15-2015
6 weeks since passport was sent and still no news!
Every day every hour checking to see any positive news and nothing! Im very sad and frustrated.
Yesterday I finally talked to my employer and gave notice I will be going (hopefully) to Canada soon, because I was waiting until I got my visa in order to not give wrong information but time was getting too short to give notice so finally I just had to let my boss know.
Now, of course I have to stay longer here because of my short notice, I had plans to be there by July 15th (if I had received my visa in the first 2 weeks after I sent passport like everyone else does) but now I was asked by my boss to stay here until August 8th.
Of course I can not buy a flight ticket since I do not know yet if Im approved or not.....
Do CIC officers realize or even imagine how stressful and how much our lives depend on whether they want to finalize an application or not? My life is on hold as I could not give proper notice to leave my job, I need to rent the appartment I own and I can not give a date whether this will be in July or August, I can not buy a flight ticket even though I was told I must land in Canada before August 19th......
OMG too stressful....please I just want to be over with this.
Extremely sad and anxious.