Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
Hi everyone.

Quick question for former refugee applicants who failed.

I want to know how you guys were able to renew the Canadian drivers license for those who are now PR under spousal?

Cbn Cdn

;)

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Cbn Cdn said:
Hi everyone.

Quick question for former refugee applicants who failed.

I want to know how you guys were able to renew the Canadian drivers license for those who are now PR under spousal?

Cbn Cdn

;)
I would like to know the answer to this too. Cbsa took my husbands driver license an now hes coming back but its not expired. Do we just go to the Driverlicense office and say it was lost?

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
My driver's license expired last year. I have a G full. I think we just have to go in person to the License Office and ask for a renewal. ;)

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
costacro said:
I would like to know the answer to this too. Cbsa took my husbands driver license an now hes coming back but its not expired. Do we just go to the Driverlicense office and say it was lost?
How long took to your husband to get the ARC? I just sent my ARC last week to the VO.

pineapple87

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/may/13
Doc's Request.
ARC 04/april/14
AOR Received.
01/june/13
File Transfer...
09/july/13
Med's Done....
(2nd time) 19/june/14
Passport Req..
09/july/14
VISA ISSUED...
25/july/14
ksimental said:
Hi pineapple87! You have every right to know where your file is, if it's being worked on, and what part of the process it is in. I truly believe that all VO's need to be more transparent about the cases they are working on. If the lines of communication were more open and consistent, less people would be freaking out and emailing them all the time. All VO's need to be held to a higher level of responsibility and accountability. They are dealing with people's lives and that is not something to be glib about.

This is where you can submit a CSE: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/mexico.asp

Under "enquiries" just click on "case specific".

Please let us know what they say. Good luck!
Hi ksimental! Thank you for your answer. I agree with you, if they would keep applicants informed of the status of their apps then people wouldn't be contacting them so much. But unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about that :(. I think I will wait a couple of more weeks and then contact them. I'll be be sure to share what they say!

pineapple87

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/may/13
Doc's Request.
ARC 04/april/14
AOR Received.
01/june/13
File Transfer...
09/july/13
Med's Done....
(2nd time) 19/june/14
Passport Req..
09/july/14
VISA ISSUED...
25/july/14
mask8 said:
My file was transferred in November, and I got AOR and ECAS update from MX in April. so it's not yet the time to worry about it :) It takes time unfortunately..
That's a long time! But in the update, did it say file was received at VO in November or April?

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Cbn Cdn said:
How long took to your husband to get the ARC? I just sent my ARC last week to the VO.

Is your Vo rome or mexico? We went through mexico and if your through rome then the timeline will be different. After Aor we received arc after 2 1/2 mnths. We sent the arc beg. Of may. And i dont know how long it took to process since we asked them to send everything back together with the passport which they did.

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
costacro said:
Is your Vo rome or mexico? We went through mexico and if your through rome then the timeline will be different. After Aor we received arc after 2 1/2 mnths. We sent the arc beg. Of may. And i dont know how long it took to process since we asked them to send everything back together with the passport which they did.
I am dealing with Rome VO.

My VO requested the ARC + fee two weeks ago, I just sent it last week. My wife and I hope to receive some news soon.

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Cbn Cdn said:
I am dealing with Rome VO.

My VO requested the ARC + fee two weeks ago, I just sent it last week. My wife and I hope to receive some news soon.

Yeah the Vo's are all different i cant even tell you how long the arc alone took for us. With the arc submitted when they asked in beg of may and we received ppr end of september

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
costacro said:
Yeah the Vo's are all different i cant even tell you how long the arc alone took for us. With the arc submitted when they asked in beg of may and we received ppr end of september
WOW, basically took to you guys almost 4 months to get that document.

PcDm7

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala via Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2013
Hey everyone,

Just checked our ECAS and it now states that our Medicals have been received. We applied back in February and just found this out today. It's been forever since our last update (we still haven't received an official AOR from the VO that our file is in Mexico, but our MP told us it arrived on May 3 when we inquired with them), so I guess things really do take awhile.

Hang in there if you haven't heard anything, seems like the news comes when you least expect it. Hmm maybe they are starting to work on our file from the VO...

Good luck!

douglasmrls

Sep 21, 2013
I got my reply in febuary and they sent me a letter in march, can you tell me what these terms mean (AOR,MP,ARC) I havent recieved anything since then

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
douglasmrls said:
I got my reply in febuary and they sent me a letter in march, can you tell me what these terms mean (AOR,MP,ARC) I havent recieved anything since then
* AOR stands for "Acknowledgment of Receipt." It is an official document issued by the Canadian government that confirms an application for permanent residence status in Canada.

* MP - Members of Parliament.

* ARC stands for "Authorization to Return to Canada". This document is require when someone has been the subject of a removal order from Canada, for example when someone overstayed in Canada.

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
costacro said:
Husband landed last night!!!! The happiest time ever!! Its all finally over Thanks everyone for everything!!!!!
Congratulations to you and your husband..!! :)