4/11/2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
File Transfer...
4/05/2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2014
OhCanadiana said:
It's possible, but the bar is high to prove you won't overstay (since your spouse being in Canada in considered a strong tie, and with your spousal sponsorship application you are confirming your intent to move to Canada).

For a successful case through the Mexico VO, look for itscoezy's old posts - she (finally) got a visa for her husband to attend her sibling's wedding after three appliations.
Thanks ohCanadiana :) i have the doubt since we want to go see the parents of my boyfriend, so better wait for the sponsoring response :)

CryssyM

Mar 17, 2013
Chuladaa said:
An ARC is not a form.. they ask you to pay a fee.. write a letter.. and provide paper work from canada.. was your husban a failed refugee? you have to wait untill they ask you to do it.. when did you apply in 2012?
yes he was a failed refugee, our application was received in october, i was approved by February as a sponsor. Now we are just waiting .... And every time i go to check on our application it does not work.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
barefoot said:
ok well yes according to the guidelines he will need it. Ok so I guess we will have to wait until we get that letter in order to get PGR police certificate. I hope it will not be a long wait.. how long do they usually take to issue the PGR police certificate?
Actually, since your husband doesn't live *in* Mexico, the procedure is a bit different for him. Once he has a file number (ie, once you get your sponsorship decision from step 1), he'll need to mail his fingerprints, photos, copy of passport and info on his application to the Embassy of Canada in Mexico and they will process the police certificate he needs.

The detailed instructions, including detailed specifications for each requirement are available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/inFORMation/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp

Don't worry if they tell you it will take 6-8 months to process, which seems to be their standard reply. It won't. The PGR gets it back to the Embassy of Canada in Mexico within 10 working days so it will be processed much faster (exact timing depends on processing time at the Embassy of Canada).

Good luck :)

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
In good Easter week fashion we just received this news:

"We are in the process of finalizing your file; however, before a visa can be issued we require the following:
(x) Original valid passport for each approved applicant."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's PPR folks!!!! We got PPR!!!!

Good Lord! that's great news, especially because we almost missed the whole opportunity to send the passports by not receiving an earlier notification! Yikes, we were this close of missing it because of an email glitch. So my advice to all of you still waiting: Keep your email functioning and accessible, you never know, today may be the day!!

Good luck to all of You and Happy Easter!

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
Farfelu said:

"We are in the process of finalizing your file; however, before a visa can be issued we require the following:

Good Lord! that's great news, especially because we almost missed the whole opportunity to send the passports by not receiving an earlier notification! Yikes, we were this close of missing it because of an email glitch. So my advice to all of you still waiting: Keep your email functioning and accessible, you never know, today may be the day!!

woohoooo...we got ours last week also...congrats!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Actually, since your husband doesn't live *in* Mexico, the procedure is a bit different for him. Once he has a file number (ie, once you get your sponsorship decision from step 1), he'll need to mail his fingerprints, photos, copy of passport and info on his application to the Embassy of Canada in Mexico and they will process the police certificate he needs.

The detailed instructions, including detailed specifications for each requirement are available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/inFORMation/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp

Don't worry if they tell you it will take 6-8 months to process, which seems to be their standard reply. It won't. The PGR gets it back to the Embassy of Canada in Mexico within 10 working days so it will be processed much faster (exact timing depends on processing time at the Embassy of Canada).

I was just about to reply with the link to that after I realized. I should have known you would have set the record straight with lightning speed! ;)

So no need for military service if you're applying from outside Canada????

Farfelu said:

That is awesome news! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Farfelu said:

Congratulations!!!!

barefoot

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-06-2013
OhCanadiana said:

Ok THank you :) I was worried that I had to wait until CIC sent me a request letter... But now I'll ask my husband to go ahead and start it.

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
Thanks, Dazz13, bttmntl, canadiangirl78 and everybody else in this forum who, one way or another, provided advice, insight and plain old empathy throughout this journey.

We have 15 days (!) from today to submit passports to the Immigration Section in Mexico. We'll do the courier thing, obviously, since my wife resides outside of Mexico itself. Anybody care to share your experiences couriering things into and out of Mexico? We're a little apprehensive in sending my wife's passport over DHL or any other service, but unfortunately the only other option is for us to deliver the documents ourselves in person at the Immigration Counter in Mexico City, which is not going to be doable for lack of time and the obvious expense.

Anyways, I'll post here again as soon as we've gone through the shipping back and forth.

Have a nice Easter everyone!

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
Farfelu said:
Thanks, Dazz13, bttmntl, canadiangirl78 and everybody else in this forum who, one way or another, provided advice, insight and plain old empathy throughout this journey.

We have 15 days (!) from today to submit passports to the Immigration Section in Mexico. We'll do the courier thing, obviously, since my wife resides outside of Mexico itself. Anybody care to share your experiences couriering things into and out of Mexico? We're a little apprehensive in sending my wife's passport over DHL or any other service, but unfortunately the only other option is for us to deliver the documents ourselves in person at the Immigration Counter in Mexico City, which is not going to be doable for lack of time and the obvious expense.

Anyways, I'll post here again as soon as we've gone through the shipping back and forth.

DHL is actually very reliable when dealing with passports. I know the USA embassy uses their service to send their visas and I´ve never had a problem with them when sending important papers.

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
Eduram said:
DHL is actually very reliable when dealing with passports. I know the USA embassy uses their service to send their visas and I´ve never had a problem with them when sending important papers.
Thanks Eduram. I've never dealt with DHL directly, but the company I worked for used the service for merchandise and document shipping! Anyways, it's a relief to know that, theirs is the best quote I've got in terms of service standards and costs, so I'll trust them my family's documents this time around and will cross our collective fingers that they deliver the goods!

Thanks again and good luck to all of you still in process!! ..... speaking of which, my wife's E-cas status has NOT changed a bit since the last update back in January, go figure :S

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
Farfelu said:

we sent ours by DHL...there was no other choice. we paid the extra to ensure it arrived the following morning by 10:30am so I hope everything went well...today is 8 days since we sent it and 7 since it should have arrived...I will let you know when she receives the passports back from the Embassy!

msprisci

Oct 29, 2012
Miami
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
03-06-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2013 Sponsorship Approval
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
barefoot said:
Ok THank you :) I was worried that I had to wait until CIC sent me a request letter... But now I'll ask my husband to go ahead and start it. File number? is that the same as application number?
Is that true? We are not supposed to wait for a letter from CIC requesting the police certificate when we are outside of Mexico? Should we wait at least to get the AOR? I got accepted as a sponsor on February 22. No news yet...

mexicanada

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico DF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2012
Doc's Request.
January 11 2013
AOR Received.
August 31 2012
File Transfer...
January 15 2013
Med's Request
December 11 2013
Med's Done....
February 15 2014 ( re done)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 8 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 29 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
Instructions for police certificates are different if you are applying from Canada but your homeland is Mexico.
You should look at the CIC website and it tells you what you need to do!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Question about personal income taxes...

So I went to H&R Block this evening to file my taxes and the young employee who was serving me seemed kinda stumped when he realized my spouse is outside of Canada and doesn't have a SIN or Canadian address. There is a field that says "If your spouse's address is different from your own, please explain below."

He then advised me to write a letter explaining the situation to a Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) office. Apparently I was supposed to let the CRA know when I got married. I didn't know this.. got married outside Canada and Mexico. Assuming it's part of the process/orientation when you get married in Canada...?

Does anyone else have experience with this? Is there something special we are supposed to do? I didn't want to make a mistake or take the advice of the confused employee so I said I would come back after doing some more research.