+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dazz13 said:
I just came home from Mexico and wanted to give an update...on Monday...we received the PPR...yabba dabba doooooo!!!!!
Congrats!

CIC was kind in letting you come back first to finish your preparations ;) When are they moving?

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
Congrats!

CIC was kind in letting you come back first to finish your preparations ;) When are they moving?
thanks...

I think they'll be coming on April 18th or the 24th...

preparations you say? hahahaha....I'll vacuum and dust but other than that nothing much more...the house is clean and I wouldn't want to arrange something a way she woiuldn't approve of so I'll let her...hahaha

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dazz13 said:
thanks...

preparations you say? hahahaha....I'll vacuum and dust but other than that nothing much more...the house is clean and I wouldn't want to arrange something a way she woiuldn't approve of so I'll let her...hahaha
Hmmmm...I seem to remember something about countertops and a new backsplash being put in...

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Dazz13 said:
thanks...

What about setting up some decorations to celebrate her return??? Like "welcome home" stuff!

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
Hmmmm...I seem to remember something about countertops and a new backsplash being put in...
you're soo funny...yes, you are right! I did them back several weeks ago...done!

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
bttmntl said:
What about setting up some decorations to celebrate her return??? Like "welcome home" stuff!
hahahahaha... ;D...I was thinking of that so I have my little girls (twins, 4 years old) working on a project...we're making a banner and they will color all the letters...for some reason they want to put stickers all over it also!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Dazz13 said:
hahahahaha... ;D...I was thinking of that so I have my little girls (twins, 4 years old) working on a project...we're making a banner and they will color all the letters...for some reason they want to put stickers all over it also!
Sounds super cute. =)

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
Looking for opinions/advice again on my medicals
A couple updates...
Yesterday we hit 1 year in process :(
bad news.. our medicals expired march 13
Good news... i was told by my MP our ARC was approved March 1st but they couldnt tell me when our case would finish and that it could be a couple more months
(we have not heard anything from the embassy since they requested the arc dec 7 and we sent them everything dec 13) we have sent 2 CSE's with no response.. were going on 15 weeks waiting

Does anyone know timelines of how long extensions take?
Would it be wise at this point for us to just re do the medicals on our own?

Please let me know your thoughts

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
OhCanadiana said:
Belated happy anniversary :) How time flies!

TD Bank considers your US credit history (if you print it out and submit it) if you don't have a Canadian credit history. Did your husband have a US-based card? If so, perhaps they will accept a letter from his credit card issuer. You probably don't want to cancel your card and start over (since how long you've had a card matters so be careful with planning to cancel his too) but otherwise you may be able to get a TD (or other bank that considers US history) credit card for yourself to both speed up your own credit history and reduce RBC's $1000 (or use some/all of the funds for your husband).

Another approach would be to look for new immigrant programs for your husband. Some banks (e.g., Scotiabank) have/had programs for new immigrants that allow them to open accouts and credit cards with benefits (e.g., no fees for first year). http://www.scotiabank.com/cda/content/0,1608,CID12961_LIDen,00.html#moneybackVISA
Hullo
Sorry to comment on this late, but if it still helps: Yes, Scotiabank has a newcomer program. During the first 3 years, they'll grant a PR credit without any issues, as well as other benefits such as no fees. I've been enjoying this program for the last year and it's been great. (Initially they gave me a $1,000 limit on a credit card.)
Good luck

mexicanada

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico DF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2012
Doc's Request.
January 11 2013
AOR Received.
August 31 2012
File Transfer...
January 15 2013
Med's Request
December 11 2013
Med's Done....
February 15 2014 ( re done)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 8 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 29 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
I am waiting on pins and needles to see if my husband will be called for an interview. I know he will
pass the questions but it is still stressful especially when so much is at stake!

Good luck to everyone that has to go through this process!
;)

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
mexicanada said:
I am waiting on pins and needles to see if my husband will be called for an interview. I know he will
pass the questions but it is still stressful especially when so much is at stake!

Good luck to everyone that has to go through this process!
;)
Hang in there! It sounds like the interview isn't that common.

Question.. it has been about two months since Citizenship and Immigration emailed us saying our case was sent to the Embassy... we sent the Embassy a prepaid shipping label to send the PGR letter but no word from them yet. When should we send an inquiry to follow up?

mexicanada

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico DF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2012
Doc's Request.
January 11 2013
AOR Received.
August 31 2012
File Transfer...
January 15 2013
Med's Request
December 11 2013
Med's Done....
February 15 2014 ( re done)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 8 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 29 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi,
I just had a major complication with receiving the instuctions for the PGR. We originally waited for the PGR to be sent to my husband (which was sent Nov 1st 2012) and it was regular mail. With Mexico's mail system you never know if you will receive it and we didn't. I sent a prepaid package to the Embassy in Mexico (after waiting 30 days) from Canada and although they receieved the package it went to the wrong department. While I was visiting my husband in Mexico we had to go to the Embassy to pick up the instructions. It was a hastle but it is done and finished! It took 7 days for us to get the PGR clearence. Make sure you have everything you need before getting it done. My husband didn't have his Cartia and that took 15 days to get.

barefoot

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-06-2013
Hi quick question that I am sure it has been answered in past messages...
My husband is currently in San Diego, but before becoming and American citizen he still lived 2 years in Tijuana after turning 18. Now I am assuming that he will need to get a criminal record from Mexico. We applied in December and didn't think of getting one because in the CIC website it specified that we need to wait until a CIC officer asks for it. I am wondering If we can get it before a CIC officer asks for it because we don't want to delay the application. Now if that is the case and we can get it before, will he need to send it all the way to DF? or could he just to go Tijuana and get it there? And if he does request it from outside Mexico to DF.. how long does it usually take to arrive?

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
mexicanada said:
Hi,
I just had a major complication with receiving the instuctions for the PGR. We originally waited for the PGR to be sent to my husband (which was sent Nov 1st 2012) and it was regular mail. With Mexico's mail system you never know if you will receive it and we didn't. I sent a prepaid package to the Embassy in Mexico (after waiting 30 days) from Canada and although they receieved the package it went to the wrong department. While I was visiting my husband in Mexico we had to go to the Embassy to pick up the instructions. It was a hastle but it is done and finished! It took 7 days for us to get the PGR clearence. Make sure you have everything you need before getting it done. My husband didn't have his Cartia and that took 15 days to get.
Amen to that. The cartilla requirement to get the PGR really seems to catch a lot of people off-guard.

How did you find out they sent it on Nov. 1?

It has been two months since Citizenship and Immigration forwarded our application to the Embassy and no word even though I sent them an enquiry with the shipping label a month ago. I just sent another enquiry to follow up... hopefully they have some news. =)

Best of luck... hopefully the rest goes faster!

barefoot said:
Hi quick question that I am sure it has been answered in past messages...
My husband is currently in San Diego, but before becoming and American citizen he still lived 2 years in Tijuana after turning 18. Now I am assuming that he will need to get a criminal record from Mexico. We applied in December and didn't think of getting one because in the CIC website it specified that we need to wait until a CIC officer asks for it. I am wondering If we can get it before a CIC officer asks for it because we don't want to delay the application. Now if that is the case and we can get it before, will he need to send it all the way to DF? or could he just to go Tijuana and get it there? And if he does request it from outside Mexico to DF.. how long does it usually take to arrive?

The guides should tell you if you need it. I think it's any country you spent more than (six months?) in since turning 18. And I haven't heard of anyone getting the PGR police certificate without the Embassy sending a letter to you officially requesting it.

barefoot

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-06-2013
bttmntl said:
The guides should tell you if you need it. I think it's any country you spent more than (six months?) in since turning 18. And I haven't heard of anyone getting the PGR police certificate without the Embassy sending a letter to you officially requesting it.
ok well yes according to the guidelines he will need it. Ok so I guess we will have to wait until we get that letter in order to get PGR police certificate. I hope it will not be a long wait.. how long do they usually take to issue the PGR police certificate?