29-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
OhCanadiana said:
That would be fine. In fact, you'll probably have it by then. The package is probably in their outbox and will be shown in the system once UPS scans it, either at pick-up or when it arrives at their depot. Most likely if you check again tonight, the tracking info will be 'active.'

Congrats! How exciting!
Thank you so much, OhCanadiana! You were right, I can now track it! :) It's supposed to get there today, so my wife will go to the PGR tomorrow.

Gracias

moz77

Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
29-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
bttmntl said:
Congratulations!!

I think OhCanadiana is probably right about this...

So have you done your military service?
Thanks, bttmntl!

No military service here, I'm a woman hehe :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moz77 said:
Thank you so much, OhCanadiana! You were right, I can now track it! :) It's supposed to get there today, so my wife will go to the PGR tomorrow.

Gracias
Excellent news 8) You may have seen this already but the requirements are listed at http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp (e.g., she'll need fotos tamaño filiación so if you don't have them already today's the day).

¡Buena suerte!

moz77

Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
29-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Excellent news 8) You may have seen this already but the requirements are listed at http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp (e.g., she'll need fotos tamaño filiación so if you don't have them already today's the day).

¡Buena suerte!
Yes, she had her photos taken the very same day we received AOR :) UPS got to her house quite early so she is at the PGR as we speak.

Thanks again for your help! :D

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moz77 said:
Yes, she had her photos taken the very same day we received AOR :) UPS got to her house quite early so she is at the PGR as we speak.

Thanks again for your help! :D
Awesome! For the PGR, it should be done in 10 business days but sometimes if their workload permits they tell you to call a few days earlier. So, you're very close to ticking that box.

dosdandelions

Jan 16, 2013
Where to get fingerprints in Mexico.

I am sponsoring my partner from Mexico. We found it very hard to find anyone to do good fingerprints for us. Here is what we did. We got a set from the Forensic Institute in Guadalajara for 500 pesos. They are laminated and very official. The FBI will not accept laminated so we went to the Forensic School in Guadalajara with the form from the FBI site and they did a good set for us. We simply gifted the student who did this for us with 200 pesos. We sent both sets in to the FBI and we just got our clearance. FBI received the prints on Feb 4, 2013 and we got our approval sent to Canada and received it on March 8th. It was then couriered to Mexico City.

Hurrah! We had such a hard time with this. I hope this information helps some of you. I think we are in the home stretch now. I was approved as a Canadian sponsor in Aug 2012. My partner 's meds are good for another month so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Good luck to everyone! Keep the faith and stay cautiously optimistic. :)

mbajouco

Mar 6, 2013
bttmntl said:
Sorry, would have replied sooner but my Mom was with me all weekend.

Good idea to read all of the posts in this forum. Keep in mind things change and some of the problems which will seem like a big crisis many pages in will be resolved by the time you get through it all.. so don't lose hope.
Thanks so much!!!!! really appreciate all that info... I think I've gotten the jist of it now.. were just waiting on the medicals and we should be good to submit the application... :) can't wait!!! Thanks so much again!!!!

CryssyM

Mar 17, 2013
So, I am very new to this whole process and was wondering a couple things and i am sure i will have more posts after this one.

I am sponsoring my husband and we have two children, 3 years and 1 year.
My husband was deported feb 2010 and we finally got all our sponsorship papers sent out 2012 and i have been approved and now we are on step 2.
our application is in mexico but i have been trying to check the status and it is not working, I am also worried about the ARC and how or when to fill out the form. is it possible to send an arc form before they approve the application, where can you get an ARC?
Because we have children will our application be faster? will the application really take 13 months? how long does the ARC application take or is it the same?
Thank you for any help

moz77

Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
29-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Awesome! For the PGR, it should be done in 10 business days but sometimes if their workload permits they tell you to call a few days earlier. So, you're very close to ticking that box.
It would be great to get it earlier. :) I was wondering if ordering our notes when we send the PGR certificate would be a good idea in case she is called for an interview or should we wait a little longer?

Thanks for your help!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moz77 said:
It would be great to get it earlier. :) I was wondering if ordering our notes when we send the PGR certificate would be a good idea in case she is called for an interview or should we wait a little longer?

Thanks for your help!
I'd wait - if an interview is requested and you want to understand why, they may tell you directly and if not you'd probably want the latest info in the file. Is there a reason you anticipate an interview?

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
mbajouco said:
Thanks so much!!!!! really appreciate all that info... I think I've gotten the jist of it now.. were just waiting on the medicals and we should be good to submit the application... :) can't wait!!! Thanks so much again!!!!
Glad I could help. =)

CryssyM said:
So, I am very new to this whole process and was wondering a couple things and i am sure i will have more posts after this one.

My husband was deported feb 2010 and we finally got all our sponsorship papers sent out 2012 and i have been approved and now we are on step 2.
our application is in mexico but i have been trying to check the status and it is not working, I am also worried about the ARC and how or when to fill out the form. is it possible to send an arc form before they approve the application, where can you get an ARC?
Because we have children will our application be faster? will the application really take 13 months? how long does the ARC application take or is it the same?
Thank you for any help
Congratulations on completing step 1!

As for how long step 2 will take - you can thank OhCanadiana for this info - we only have previous years to go by, but it varies from person to person and ranges from about 5-13 months.

"Americas: 20% of cases completed within 5 months, 30% in 6 mo., 50% in 8 mo., 70% in 10 mo., 80% in 13 mo."
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/case-processing-speed-at-visa-offices-step-2-t102206.0.html;wap2=

Note that the percentages don't add up to 100 as is commonly misunderstood. They just tell you how many of the total applications are completed by a given time.

When you say you are trying to check the application status and it's not working, do you mean you can't log into the website or you can log in but aren't getting any useful info?

If you can't get in: I think there are actually TWO unique client identifiers - one for you and one for your spouse. Are you getting these mixed up somehow?

If you can get in: The service is notorious for not really offering the most meaningful status updates so don't hold your breath for up-to-the-minute info.

As for ARC, sadly I am pretty sure you have to wait until Citizenship and Immigration requests it through a visa application.

One last thing to think about... has your husband done his military service? You have to present either a precartilla or cartilla liberada in order to get the PGR police certificate. I mention this because several couples hadn't done the service and were totally horrified when they realized this AFTER the PGR was requested - you only have a certain number of days to get it and this can become an excruciating crunch if it surprises you.

moz77

Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
29-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
OhCanadiana said:
I'd wait - if an interview is requested and you want to understand why, they may tell you directly and if not you'd probably want the latest info in the file. Is there a reason you anticipate an interview?
Very small/simple wedding with no family and no reception. We did briefly explain why on the application, but I think it may be a reason for them to request an interview, who knows. We've had a relationship for 12 years though, so we focused all of our proof on that rather than on the wedding itself.

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
CryssyM said:

Thank you for any help
An ARC is not a form.. they ask you to pay a fee.. write a letter.. and provide paper work from canada.. was your husban a failed refugee? you have to wait untill they ask you to do it.. when did you apply in 2012?

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Today we got our PPR. I am so happy I could have run down to Mexico City to hand my wifes passport in myself. It an interesting journey. Hopefully by this time next week we should have my wifes passport back. We are going to be doing a flag pole landing shortly after that in Niagara falls.

I would like to thank everyone for their advice and knowledge about this process. It has been most valuable.

Good luck to everyone else, your time is coming soon.

Dave

Oscar27

Mar 15, 2011
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Hey guys, quick question....

Today, I checked the application status on the CIC website. Where it says: Sponsorship Application Status, it has decision made, I clicked on it and it gives me this:

We received your application to sponsor Oscar on November 9, 2012.
We started processing your application on January 28, 2013.
We sent you a letter on January 28, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We haven't recived any letter yet, should we call? or do you think it was because of the CSQ? (which we called today the MICC and the undertaking and CSQ were aproved on March 6th)

Any input aprecciated!