02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Hi Guys! Now im already in canada :)
Its so nice here, now i only have to wait for my PR which they told me it takes about two months to receive it
Ohh and one more questions guys (Sorry for to many) my e-cas still says DECISION MADE when is it gonna change to COMPLETED?
Best wishess for everyone!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
OhCanadiana said:
If you do the regular label, the Embassy will have scheduled pickups so pick that option (you don't want to set up a pickup since you don't know the timing anyway) and the date really doesn't matter (labels won't 'expire' so they can use it whenever they are ready to).

That being said, it seems they just recently also started allowing return labels without 'outgoing' labels so that it may also work. Give FedEx a call to confirm to make sure it will work.
Thanks for this. =)

I called FedEx and they confirmed I can just do the return label. Now the question is, will the Embassy accept the credit card waybill? We're going to attempt it... if they don't accept it, we're just in the same boat we were in before we tried, right? Do they ever send email instructions about what to do?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
Thanks for this. =)

I called FedEx and they confirmed I can just do the return label. Now the question is, will the Embassy accept the credit card waybill? We're going to attempt it... if they don't accept it, we're just in the same boat we were in before we tried, right? Do they ever send email instructions about what to do?
Good. As I mentioned above, the return labels are new and evolving (initially they said they had to be associated with an outward shipment with an account; now they can be set up without outward shipment and it seems you don't need an account either from what they told you)

Hopefully someone with recent experience chimes in to confirm they take credit card labels.

Or, open an account and use it to create the label ;)

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Good. As I mentioned above, the return labels are new and evolving (initially they said they had to be associated with an outward shipment with an account; now they can be set up without outward shipment and it seems you don't need an account either from what they told you)

Hopefully someone with recent experience chimes in to confirm they take credit card labels.

Or, open an account and use it to create the label ;)
When you say "with an account" do you mean a FedEx account? I have one of those on their web site and it is associated with my credit card, so basically my card will be charged when they use a label I created.

The reason I am double checking on the account thing is because I read in another thread for a different Embassy that they want the waybill to be paid with an "international current account" rather than credit card.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
When you say "with an account" do you mean a FedEx account? I have one of those on their web site and it is associated with my credit card, so basically my card will be charged when they use a label I created.

The reason I am double checking on the account thing is because I read in another thread for a different Embassy that they want the waybill to be paid with an "international current account" rather than credit card.
Yes.

While a FedEx account can be paid for with your credit card periodically, the waybill you create shows a FedEx account and that account is responsible for payment.

I understand the confusion since either way the charge ultimately ends up on your credit card as an individual (for companies it ends up on a PO) but that's between you and FedEx (for all we know, it makes a difference in FedEx not being able to go after the Embassy for payment if you cancel the credit card because you have an account).

Using a FedEx account vs your credit card straight is the safest way to go from what I've seen across Embassies (if they accept FedEx and/or UPS they accept payment with courier account numbers; not all accept payment with credit card)

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Yes.

While a FedEx account can be paid for with your credit card periodically, the waybill you create shows a FedEx account and that account is responsible for payment.

I understand the confusion since either way the charge ultimately ends up on your credit card as an individual (for companies it ends up on a PO) but that's between you and FedEx (for all we know, it makes a difference in FedEx not being able to go after the Embassy for payment if you cancel the credit card because you have an account).

Using a FedEx account vs your credit card straight is the safest way to go from what I've seen across Embassies (if they accept FedEx and/or UPS they accept payment with courier account numbers; not all accept payment with credit card)
This is exactly what I needed to know! Thank you, OhCanadiana! You are a goddess!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
This is exactly what I needed to know! Thank you, OhCanadiana! You are a goddess!
Glad we cleared that up =) Now, hoping they use the waybill you send them soon!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Interesting... is the SSP no longer required? It used to be listed on this page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

I wish they removed the PGR instead. ;)

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Something else that concerns me... there's one "client ID" on our payer information and my confirmation letter for the application has a different "UCI". I wonder if that's because he was in Quebec before? I know sometimes they do things differently.. :s

We will use our application number for the enquiry but the UCI change is odd.

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
bttmntl said:
Interesting... is the SSP no longer required? It used to be listed on this page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

I wish they removed the PGR instead. ;)
Peña Nieto recently closed the Secretaría de Seguridad Publica (Public Safety) and all the responsabilities were transfered to the Secretaría de Gobernación or what would be called the Secretariat of the Interior.

I was actually wondering if the Canadian Embassy was going to ask for yet another document or cross that off their lists...I think we have an answer now.

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
In regards to sending a waybill, is this the same procedure that happens for passport requests? Ie do you have to send in your passport along with a prepaid waybill?

Apparently, the embassy in Guatemala didn't mail passports to applicants but would send passports to the consulate in each country, and then the applicant would go pick it up when it arrived. I've also read that mail only went out to the consulates once per month! So thank you Mexico for being efficient :)

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
Another question...

Mex recently requested us to send a new Schedule A form. It was the first time we've heard from them since the AOR. If other documents were needed, would they have requested them at the same time? In other words, it is pretty safe to assume they don't need anything else from us in terms of forms/extra proof?

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
muchacha said:
Another question...

Mex recently requested us to send a new Schedule A form. It was the first time we've heard from them since the AOR. If other documents were needed, would they have requested them at the same time? In other words, it is pretty safe to assume they don't need anything else from us in terms of forms/extra proof?
I don´t think you can ever assume anything with Immigration. They first requested my sponsor´s questionnaire along with the ssp and pgr...I was then requested for an interview and asked to bring a new schedule A form.

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
Hm, interesting. Thanks Eduram. And you're right, it was probably a silly question.

Can I ask, did you ever find out why they interviewed you? Was there a reason or was it just a quota kinda thing? (If you don't want to share that's fine too :) )

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
muchacha said:
Hm, interesting. Thanks Eduram. And you're right, it was probably a silly question.

Can I ask, did you ever find out why they interviewed you? Was there a reason or was it just a quota kinda thing? (If you don't want to share that's fine too :) )
My husband and I haven´t live together since our wedding, I had to come to Mexico and it just didnt work out for him to come live down here. They just had concerns on how real our relationship was.