Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
For the prepaid waybill am I on the right track by getting one of these and emailing a scanned copy to the Embassy?
http://www.fedex.com/us/return-solutions/return-label-options/

It's not "prepaid" in the sense that I pay a fixed amount - my credit card gets charged when it is finally used, so it reflects the actual cost of shipping.

The one thing I'm having trouble with: the form specifies a phone number for the sender is mandatory... the Embassy is pretty quiet about their phone number, right? All I got was their fax number...

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Ugh... so sorry to be spamming you, but one last thing has me a bit worried.

Here is the address I got in my sponsor acceptance letter for contacting the Embassy:

Mexico
Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
Miguel de Cevantes Saavedra 193
Col. Granada
11520 Mexico, D.F
Mexico

And here's the one on the mexico.gc.ca:

Embassy of Canada
Schiller 529, Col. Bosque de Chapultepec (Polanco)
Del. Miguel Hidalgo
11580 Mexico City, D.F.
Mexico

Does the "Visa Section" have a separate building or what? =(

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mc1234 said:
Another update from us: My spouse got his PR card last week in the mail! :)
That is exciting! =) You are done! Whew!

Monarca

Sep 29, 2011
I am a PR living in Canada for the past 4 months. I have 2 children who also have their PRC and made their landing in due time 2 years ago. Because I divorced their mother also 2 years ago, they stayed in Mexico with their mother but I want them to come visit me during the school vacations. Their PRC expires in July 2015.
My question is, will they be able to enter Canada with their PRC before the expiry date? I want them to start school here within the next 2 years, so i don't know if they can still meet the 2 year residency requirement if they get here just before the expiry date (say a few months before)?
Please advise. Thank you.

Diamondude357

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Alberta
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-06-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
06-02-2013
I am happy to report that Monday evening we received 2 passports with 1 time landing visas for my wife and stepson. We also received CoPR's for each of them. Hopefully landing about the 10th of Feb. :D ;D :D

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
For the prepaid waybill am I on the right track by getting one of these and emailing a scanned copy to the Embassy?
http://www.fedex.com/us/return-solutions/return-label-options/
You may want to explore shipping labels vs the newer 'return' labels. On FedEx -> Ship -> Create shipment. The 'return' labels are newer and I think more geared toward retailers to give folks a chance to return goods (it may work as they are evolving but I know with certainty the regular shipping labels work).

If you want to open an account, go to https://www.fedex.com/fcl/web/jsp/contactInfo1.jsp?appName=oadr&locale=ca_en and select the open account option at the bottom right. Then, your account number shows up on the waybill and FedEx charges your credit card later (Last time I checked, Mexico accepted 'credit card' waybills, but also know some Embassies don't accept them and these preferences tend to spread)

bttmntl said:
It's not "prepaid" in the sense that I pay a fixed amount - my credit card gets charged when it is finally used, so it reflects the actual cost of shipping.

The one thing I'm having trouble with: the form specifies a phone number for the sender is mandatory... the Embassy is pretty quiet about their phone number, right? All I got was their fax number...
Use your phone number so FedEx reaches someone if necessary ;)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monarca said:
I am a PR living in Canada for the past 4 months. I have 2 children who also have their PRC and made their landing in due time 2 years ago. Because I divorced their mother also 2 years ago, they stayed in Mexico with their mother but I want them to come visit me during the school vacations. Their PRC expires in July 2015.
My question is, will they be able to enter Canada with their PRC before the expiry date? I want them to start school here within the next 2 years, so i don't know if they can still meet the 2 year residency requirement if they get here just before the expiry date (say a few months before)?
Please advise. Thank you.
The expiration date of the PRC doesn't matter. What matters, technically, is their ability to meet the residency obligation within the rolling 5 years (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA). That being said, they wouldn't be denied entry at the border. Instead, the BSO can report them so that their status is reviewed and then their PR status could be revoked during that review process. So, it is important to try to make sure that they can be in Canada 2 years within every rolling 5 year period.

Are you planning to naturalize? If so, if your children are under 18 when you naturalize they can naturalize simultaneously:

Code:
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for Canadian citizenship.

To apply for citizenship for a child under 18, the following conditions must be met:

the person applying is the child's parent, adoptive parent or legal guardian
    the child is a permanent resident, but does not need to have resided in Canada for three years; and
    one parent is already a Canadian citizen or is applying to become a citizen at the same time. This also applies to adoptive parents.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diamondude357 said:
I am happy to report that Monday evening we received 2 passports with 1 time landing visas for my wife and stepson. We also received CoPR's for each of them. Hopefully landing about the 10th of Feb. :D ;D :D
Congratulations!!! =) =) =)

Diamondude357

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Alberta
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-06-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
06-02-2013
Thanks, Just bought the flights for Feb 6. Good luck everybody!

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
Congrats Eduram, Diamonddude & MC! Such excitement all around!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Diamondude357 said:
Congrats! I wish you a smooth and happy landing.

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
OhCanadiana said:
(Last time I checked, Mexico accepted 'credit card' waybills, but also know some Embassies don't accept them and these preferences tend to spread)
Thank you SO much, OhCanadiana!!! It's all starting to make sense..

Anyone have recent experience sending the waybill to the Embassy? Were you able to do it with your credit card???

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Hey OhCanadiana, I think it might be the return shipment I should be creating after all... reason being the return automatically has a "date created" but with the normal shipment you have to specify the ship date... which is impossible for me to know.

The other thing you have to know if making a normal shipment is whether you're scheduling a pickup, dropping the package off at a FedEx location, or using an already scheduled pickup... whereas the return shipment doesn't have that and I assume leaves it up to the Embassy to decide.

See what I mean?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
Hey OhCanadiana, I think it might be the return shipment I should be creating after all... reason being the return automatically has a "date created" but with the normal shipment you have to specify the ship date... which is impossible for me to know.

The other thing you have to know if making a normal shipment is whether you're scheduling a pickup, dropping the package off at a FedEx location, or using an already scheduled pickup... whereas the return shipment doesn't have that and I assume leaves it up to the Embassy to decide.

See what I mean?
If you do the regular label, the Embassy will have scheduled pickups so pick that option (you don't want to set up a pickup since you don't know the timing anyway) and the date really doesn't matter (labels won't 'expire' so they can use it whenever they are ready to).

That being said, it seems they just recently also started allowing return labels without 'outgoing' labels so that it may also work. Give FedEx a call to confirm to make sure it will work.