Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Today i got an email from the embassy requesting my marriage certificate, because i made the mistake to send only the
marriage license since i got married in the US, i was wondering once they received my marriage certificate how long
could it take for them to start working on it.
I just hope this dont cause a major delay in my application :(

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
Thanks so much for all of this!!! You have a heart of gold!

We'll be sure to tell a compelling (and truthful) story.

One other detail question... so all of the translations should be accompanied by an affidavit and a cerified copy. Does that apply to the birth certificate? It seems a bit redundant to have a government-certified true copy of a birth certificate and a notary-certified copy of that copy... maybe the process guide will have some answers but I figured others have had to cross this bridge and may know.
The 'original' birth certificate from Mexico is essentially a true copy so it should suffice. That being said, if you get the true copies done in Canada, you could get a bank or many city halls to certify them as true copies which would be way easier and likely cheap enough that you could do it just in case they get very picky in CPC-M where they won't necessarily understand the Mexican nuances.

For economic class applications, they are much more picky about getting all the details right and not having any blanks in your application and return them to applicants if any issues are detected. So far family class applications have received a much more lenient treatment but it has been getting tighter over time and personally I prefer to put the work in upfront to avoid issues later if possible FWIW.

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
muchacha said:
Also, does anyone know the rough time frame for getting a response from case specific inquiries? I know some people have posted how long it took them but I think it is buried somewhere in the 500+ pages :)
Hi Muchacha, I have sent a couple now and seem to recieve a response within a week, however some people have waited up to two weeks for a reply. I also called CIC Mississuaga to make sure my file was transfered, things seemed to get moving after that :) Hope that helps !

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
thanks MMM! Hopefully I hear back soon... we're getting antsy!

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
We sent our PGR and additional documents last week. How long do you think is a appropriate to wait before sending a case specific inquiry if Ecas has not updated to say they have received them?

mexican2012

Aug 7, 2012
hi there. I know someone that is trying to bring their husband to Canada from Mexico, and they are going to try the 10 year multiple visitor visa. I am wondering if it is easier to get a spouse to Canada with this visa instead of doing the spouse sponsorship which seems to take such a long time?
.. I see many couples on here sponsoring their spouse and I wish them all the best, it must be difficult. Why aren't others on this forum doing the 10 year visitor visa instead of spouse sponsorship? Is there a flaw with applying for this visa for a spouse that would make people choose the spousal sponsorship instead (re: the people on this forum)?

I'm just wondering since it seems like it would be easier and faster to see a spouse via the visa instead of waiting months for the answer of the spousal sponsorship application.

any feedback would help thanks. :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meeshy said:
We sent our PGR and additional documents last week. How long do you think is a appropriate to wait before sending a case specific inquiry if Ecas has not updated to say they have received them?
Hi Meeshy - e-case doesn't reflect receipt of documents other than the application and medical. Did you submit it via traceable means? Trust the signature receipt.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mexican2012 said:
hi there. I know someone that is trying to bring their husband to Canada from Mexico, and they are going to try the 10 year multiple visitor visa. I am wondering if it is easier to get a spouse to Canada with this visa instead of doing the spouse sponsorship which seems to take such a long time?
.. I see many couples on here sponsoring their spouse and I wish them all the best, it must be difficult. Why aren't others on this forum doing the 10 year visitor visa instead of spouse sponsorship? Is there a flaw with applying for this visa for a spouse that would make people choose the spousal sponsorship instead (re: the people on this forum)?

I'm just wondering since it seems like it would be easier and faster to see a spouse via the visa instead of waiting months for the answer of the spousal sponsorship application.

any feedback would help thanks. :)
I answered your question about the differences between the approaches in the other thread, but since there's likely more discussion in here:

The visitor visa (TRV, temproary resident visa) allows the person to visit Canada for up to 6 months at a time (unless an extension is requested and granted) and the person must just be visiting Canada - they cannot work or study in Canada. The multiple entry visa allows the person to visit Canada multiple times while the visa is valid.

A Permanent Resident can live in Canada and much like a Citizen may work, study, live permanently in Canada etc. There's a few differences vs. a Citizen such as not having the right to vote, needing to meet certain requirements to keep the status, etc but it's closer to that that a visitor. A PR has the right to enter Canada, whereas a visitor does not.

So, the TRV is not a substitute for PR status. A ten year visa would allow your friend's husband to possibly enter Canada multiple times during the ten year time period but would not allow them to "live" in Canada, working (as to your other question in the other thread).

mexican2012

Aug 7, 2012
Hi, thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure if you understand my question cause i already knew that information. I am wondering what is more convenient for a person in Canada to get to see their husband in Mexico quicker: wouldn't the 10 year visa be easier because its a much quicker response and get to see them sooner? then once they are here, then they can do the spousal sponsorship while they are both in Canada and can stay together.

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
mexican2012 said:
Hi, thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure if you understand my question cause i already knew that information. I am wondering what is more convenient for a person in Canada to get to see their husband in Mexico quicker: wouldn't the 10 year visa be easier because its a much quicker response and get to see them sooner? then once they are here, then they can do the spousal sponsorship while they are both in Canada and can stay together.
If you husband just wants to visit and not work, then the 10 year visa is good, but can only stay for 6 months at a time. If he is not planning on working or living here permanently then by all means get the multiple entry. My boyfriend applied for that and was denied as he didnt have anything solid to come back to Mexico for (house, stable job etc) he rented and was in a crappy job.
We are applying for permanent residence through sponsorship because he wants to live and work in Canada. It all depends on what you want. If you just want to see him and hes returning to mexico, then just get the visitor visa.

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Hi Meeshy - e-case doesn't reflect receipt of documents other than the application and medical. Did you submit it via traceable means? Trust the signature receipt.
Oh really, I though I read somewhere on here that they acknowledged receipt of the police certificates too. When Can I expect to see receipt of the medical, as I know in other cases they have been lost.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mexican2012 said:
wouldn't the 10 year visa be easier because its a much quicker response and get to see them sooner? then once they are here, then they can do the spousal sponsorship while they are both in Canada and can stay together.
It depends on the specifics of the situation as meeshy said. If he has a TRV he could visit while they apply for sponsorship.

However, depending on the specifics of their situation, getting the TRV may be challenging. CIC will consider his wife living in Canada as a close tie to Canada and indication that he may want to move (vs. visit) Canada when he applies for the TRV. As a result, people have often reported difficulty getting TRV's approved when their spouse is living in or moving to Canada.

To help you, we'd need to understand additional details of the situation.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meeshy said:
Oh really, I though I read somewhere on here that they acknowledged receipt of the police certificates too. When Can I expect to see receipt of the medical, as I know in other cases they have been lost.
Not as far as I'm aware, and I'm not aware of e-case indicating it ever. Usually, the next step is the PPR, which would imply they got it but nothing outright.

You'll see the medical results received once they link the two records together (the medical database is separate) and input the admissibility findings into GCMS. You'll know they were misplaced or somehow not linked (rare occurrence) if they ask you to have a medical exam done again, at which time you can show proof that you did them and take the conversation from there,

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
Hey all..

I've noticed that some people who have sent their applications after us have already received their AORs. Should I be concerned about this or does Mexico typically go out of order?

btw I've sent a case-specific inquiry and am now waiting to hear back.

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
July 18, 12, Mexico: Aug 15, 12
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
mexican2012 said:
Just adding a little bit to what everyone else has said, getting a visitors visa as a spouse is very very hard, and getting a denial can be a red flag if a spousal sponsorship is started. I wouldn't say that the 10 year visa is "easier' and even if you apply for the multiple entry visa it's not guranteed that you will get it, I've read cases where a one entry visa was given even though the application was for a multiple one.