Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
muchacha said:
Hey all..

I've noticed that some people who have sent their applications after us have already received their AORs. Should I be concerned about this or does Mexico typically go out of order?

btw I've sent a case-specific inquiry and am now waiting to hear back.
You shouldn't be concerned. There is no set pattern. I hope you get your AOR soon!

Sylvana

Oct 9, 2012
Hey EvERYBODY!!! I just want TO share my thoughts And experience with my file. CIC received my app on April 2012 and on Dec 10, 2012 finally they received all my police clearances (SSP,PGR and RCMP), I gotta admit I'm getting so anxious, I was reading before that the last gap "it's the hardest" what do you think!??? so now that they got my last docs, does sb know how long will I have to wait until they ask for my passport???? and I have another question: Does the interview goes before the ask for the PGR or after???, they already aske me for the PGR thats why I sent my documents already, but Im aking this cus maybe they interview was waived for me. or at what point does the interview goes!? this is insane, I'm not exageratin but I almost feel like I'm walking on the rope... do u guys feel that way??? I just wanted to share how I feel and maybe I'm not the only one who feels this way. good luck for everybody and I'm SoO happy whenever I read that someone else got approved for the PR although I don't post often. thanks!!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Hi all,

Things have really sped up since we parted ways with our lawyer. We are close to filing our application and humbly ask for the forum's sage advice on a few questions.

1.) Does anyone recall seeing that the forms should be on "bond-quality paper"?

2.) The payment receipt has my sponsored spouse's name on it but our lawyer's contact info. There is also a client ID number, which I find odd as we haven't submitted anything yet...? Can we explain this in a cover letter or are we screwed?

3.) Military service. My husband needs to sign up for this to get the PRG but it's going to take a bit longer than our timeframe for filing the application. Our strategy is to say "none" on the forms and include an additional piece of paper explaining he plans to sign up for service which is mandatory for all adult Mexican males, and that we will send an update when this happens. Has anyone else done that?

4.) To provide updates like this to avoid misrepresentation or add to supporting docs, where do we send them? CPC in Mississauga or Mexico City?

5.) Does anyone know or have an educated guess what the minimum necessary income is to sponsor just your spouse?

6.) Can the national identity document number in IMM 0008 be the birth certificate? That would be the most convenient as it's already translated. Alternatively my partner has a "unique registry code" which is used to get copies of the birth certificate etc.

7.) On the generic application form for Canada:

a. Visa office for processing this application? This is "Mexico City", or "Embassy of Canada in Mexico", right? According to Guide 3999 they say not to send it to the Central Intake Office... do we understand correctly?

b. Question 12 - past countries of residence. My partner came to Canada before the visa requirements, studied for a while and then after the visa requirements he applied for refugee status... should he just list "Canada" once and put "refugee" in the status field?

c. Should each of us make sure our mailing address is the same as our residential address now that we have no representative? I assume CIC will send mail to me and the Embassy will send mail to my partner...

8.) Sponsor questionnaire: Employment history - did anyone else put an approximate income for some short-term jobs? I am hard-pressed to come up with the exact number.

9.) How do you keep up with changes to forms, rules, etc? I have been looking at news releases and bulletins on a daily basis. But noticed our lawyer was using outdated forms... after checking it out on the CIC web site it seems some of the forms have been updated as recently as Nov. 2012 but I don't see any announcements about these changes.

THANKS!!!!!

WantToBeInCanada

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Guys i have a quick question
I sent some documentation to the VO that i was being requested
How do i know other than the tracking number that the embassy got a hold of the documentation, and that they are working on it?

PD: I didnt write the file number on the surface of the envelope, all the information its inside it.
And it was my wife that sent the documentation from canada so the envelope has her name on it instead of mine

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sylvana said:
Hey EvERYBODY!!! I just want TO share my thoughts And experience with my file. CIC received my app on April 2012 and on Dec 10, 2012 finally they received all my police clearances (SSP,PGR and RCMP), I gotta admit I'm getting so anxious, I was reading before that the last gap "it's the hardest" what do you think!??? so now that they got my last docs, does sb know how long will I have to wait until they ask for my passport???? and I have another question: Does the interview goes before the ask for the PGR or after???, they already aske me for the PGR thats why I sent my documents already, but Im aking this cus maybe they interview was waived for me. or at what point does the interview goes!? this is insane, I'm not exageratin but I almost feel like I'm walking on the rope... do u guys feel that way??? I just wanted to share how I feel and maybe I'm not the only one who feels this way. good luck for everybody and I'm SoO happy whenever I read that someone else got approved for the PR although I don't post often. thanks!!
The interview usually goes before the PGR so your relationship has likely been assessed already. Hang in there - hopefully you'll hear soon :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WantToBeInCanada said:
Guys i have a quick question
I sent some documentation to the VO that i was being requested
How do i know other than the tracking number that the embassy got a hold of the documentation, and that they are working on it?

PD: I didnt write the file number on the surface of the envelope, all the information its inside it.
And it was my wife that sent the documentation from canada so the envelope has her name on it instead of mine
You likely won't get any other confirmation, so trust the tracking information and signature, if you requested signature confirmation.

Having the file number and name inside wil be fine. ¡Buena suerte!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations on the progress you've made.

1. I don't recall any instructions on the paper quality offhand, but would use good paper since they likely scan in the application and you don't want your forms getting stuck (or tearing)

2a. You usually hand-write the contact information on the payment form so you can go online and try to reprint it (if you paid it yourself at https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/ols/login.do?&app=epay&page=viewallreceipts&lang=en) or just cross off the lawyer's contact info (or white it out and photocopy the form after checking with someone who paid recently that it still prints out blank) and put in your own.

2b. Re client ID number - have you ever applied for any other visa, visitor record, of document from CIC? If so, that's where the client ID nubmber is from. The client ID remains the same across applications.

3. Sounds fine.

4. It is best to wait until your application is in the visa office so they can more quickly match up the additional info to your application once you have a file number from your step 1 approval. If you aren't including something upfront include an explanation (e.g., for the PGR explain you need a letter from the Embassy of Canada in Mexico) to avoid confusion at CPC-M.

5. There is no minimum income for spousal sponsorship. Just make sure to explain your plan regarding how you will support yourselves as CIC is looking to make sure you won't be relying on welfare.

6. Mexico doesnt have a national ID so you can skip it. The closest would be either the IFE or the CURP but they aren't national IDs per se.

7a. You are correct. Mexico City is sufficent.

7b. Depends on what 'a while' is. If over 6 months, split it up into two Canada entries or use 'other' and explain it was both student and refugee claimant.

7c. Sounds good. They will send the letter of request for the PGR to the applicant's mailing address from within Mexico so make sure it is one where mail can be received. The AOR from CPC-M may be sent either via e-mail or regular mail to the sponsor's address.

8. Should be ok - just explain that it is approximate. Also, consider checking your old tax returns for exact figures.

9. Just keep doing what you are doing - load up the forms and check the bottom of the first page.

Good luck! Sounds like you are working away quite quickly!

bttmntl said:
Hi all,

Things have really sped up since we parted ways with our lawyer. We are close to filing our application and humbly ask for the forum's sage advice on a few questions.

1.) Does anyone recall seeing that the forms should be on "bond-quality paper"?

2.) The payment receipt has my sponsored spouse's name on it but our lawyer's contact info. There is also a client ID number, which I find odd as we haven't submitted anything yet...? Can we explain this in a cover letter or are we screwed?

3.) Military service. My husband needs to sign up for this to get the PRG but it's going to take a bit longer than our timeframe for filing the application. Our strategy is to say "none" on the forms and include an additional piece of paper explaining he plans to sign up for service which is mandatory for all adult Mexican males, and that we will send an update when this happens. Has anyone else done that?

4.) To provide updates like this to avoid misrepresentation or add to supporting docs, where do we send them? CPC in Mississauga or Mexico City?

5.) Does anyone know or have an educated guess what the minimum necessary income is to sponsor just your spouse?

6.) Can the national identity document number in IMM 0008 be the birth certificate? That would be the most convenient as it's already translated. Alternatively my partner has a "unique registry code" which is used to get copies of the birth certificate etc.

7.) On the generic application form for Canada:

a. Visa office for processing this application? This is "Mexico City", or "Embassy of Canada in Mexico", right? According to Guide 3999 they say not to send it to the Central Intake Office... do we understand correctly?

b. Question 12 - past countries of residence. My partner came to Canada before the visa requirements, studied for a while and then after the visa requirements he applied for refugee status... should he just list "Canada" once and put "refugee" in the status field?

c. Should each of us make sure our mailing address is the same as our residential address now that we have no representative? I assume CIC will send mail to me and the Embassy will send mail to my partner...

8.) Sponsor questionnaire: Employment history - did anyone else put an approximate income for some short-term jobs? I am hard-pressed to come up with the exact number.

9.) How do you keep up with changes to forms, rules, etc? I have been looking at news releases and bulletins on a daily basis. But noticed our lawyer was using outdated forms... after checking it out on the CIC web site it seems some of the forms have been updated as recently as Nov. 2012 but I don't see any announcements about these changes.

THANKS!!!!!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
OhCanadiana... are you our guardian angel?

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
OhCanadiana said:
The interview usually goes before the PGR so your relationship has likely been assessed already. Hang in there - hopefully you'll hear soon :)
The interview is normally before the pgr? That is good news!! What if they asked for more proof of common law relationship (which we provided)?

Sylvana

Oct 9, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
thank you, That makes me feel better :)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
bttmntl said:
OhCanadiana... are you our guardian angel?
Oh yes she is.

WantToBeInCanada

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Thankss for the info OhCanadiana :)

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
Quick question.

When the embassy asked for the PGR and SSP they also asked for a Sponsor´s questionnaire. Our due date was Dec 9th but the sponsor´s questionnaire got lost and we were not able to deliver it on time.

I wrote a case specific enquiry asking for an extension and they gave us 30 days more, that would be Jan 9th. However my husband sent the paper via courier on saturday and it was received by Osvaldo at the Embassy today.

Would you recommend emailing them letting them know the document was delivered so we don´t get a delay? Or will they not mind and continue the process on Jan 9th?

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Eduram said:
Quick question.

When the embassy asked for the PGR and SSP they also asked for a Sponsor´s questionnaire. Our due date was Dec 9th but the sponsor´s questionnaire got lost and we were not able to deliver it on time.

I wrote a case specific enquiry asking for an extension and they gave us 30 days more, that would be Jan 9th. However my husband sent the paper via courier on saturday and it was received by Osvaldo at the Embassy today.

Would you recommend emailing them letting them know the document was delivered so we don´t get a delay? Or will they not mind and continue the process on Jan 9th?
Why did they ask for this? Didn't you send it to CIC with your original package?

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
bttmntl said:
Why did they ask for this? Didn't you send it to CIC with your original package?
Hey bbt, they asked for it because my husband forgot to sign the form with the original package and he changed address. They asked for it when i got the vo aor