Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
So the embassy has recieved our pre-paid waybill, signed by Oswaldo ! that was received on November 26th (so not that long ago). How long does it typical take again to get the return waybill, I am thinking about two weeks, is this correct ?

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
missmymexi said:
So the embassy has recieved our pre-paid waybill, signed by Oswaldo ! that was received on November 26th (so not that long ago). How long does it typical take again to get the return waybill, I am thinking about two weeks, is this correct ?
When I sent mine it was before i got my VO AOR, when I got it they requested one and i emailed saying they already had it so it was one or 2 days after letting them know that they actually sent it back with the PGR request.

It also seems that everything goes by Oswaldo...i want to meet this guy.

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
Eduram said:
When I sent mine it was before i got my VO AOR, when I got it they requested one and i emailed saying they already had it so it was one or 2 days after letting them know that they actually sent it back with the PGR request.

It also seems that everything goes by Oswaldo...i want to meet this guy.
Ahhh you know maybe I should send a note we sent one, because it arrived on the same day they issued the request. I will do that today, maybe they havent made the connect yet :) Yep, Oswaldo is a very popular man, I think he has signed for everyone here !

RIUGirl

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
missmymexi said:
I hear you, we hired a very reputable lawyer that I use through my work (we do alot of LMO's) and I found it to be a complete waste of money, everything was delayed, we did most of everything yet still had huge bills, I truly beleive a lawyer is useless unless you have a very complicated matter that requires extra legal attention. RUIgirl, we also waited 8 months just for sponsorship approval, so I totally understand your frustrations, lets hope we both get some good news soon !
Eduram, do you live in Leon? What a beautiful city! We are on the bus from Mexico City to Leon right now. Heading back to Mazatlán tomorrow. Lots of traveling in these 4 days!!

Hey missmymexi,

I totally agree with you about the lawyer. What a waste of time and money!!! I would recommend that people only use a lawyer if they absolutely need to. Perhaps, for an appeal or something. I am so happy to know that we are in the same unfortunate boat! I thought we were one of the only ones who were taking so long to receive everything! Did you guys send your medical in the initial application? What stage are you at right now? We are waiting for the AOR from the Canadian embassy and for the letter requesting my husbands police checks. We just picked up his SSP today so I hope very soon we can get the request for his PGR. I just want this process to be over!! I have a feeling it will take us a year though... :(

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
RIUGirl said:
I totally agree with you about the lawyer. What a waste of time and money!!! I would recommend that people only use a lawyer if they absolutely need to. Perhaps, for an appeal or something. I am so happy to know that we are in the same unfortunate boat! I thought we were one of the only ones who were taking so long to receive everything! Did you guys send your medical in the initial application? What stage are you at right now? We are waiting for the AOR from the Canadian embassy and for the letter requesting my husbands police checks. We just picked up his SSP today so I hope very soon we can get the request for his PGR. I just want this process to be over!! I have a feeling it will take us a year though... :(
I agree !! 100%, lawyers are not really needed in this process at all ! We originally submitted our file on April 17, 2011, we submitted the medicals with our application but they were done in February. We got approval finally for the first stage in October and received the AOR and police request on November 26th, we also sent the prepaid waybill around the same time, so now we are waiting for the PRG letter so my fiance can go to DF and get the SPP and PRG. Our file was also held up due to our lawyer telling us we would not need the declarations for his daughters with the initial app. so that was almost a 3 month delay, it made us pretty angry ! So I feel your pain for sure, pretty much everyone I started in this forum with is landed now and we are still looking at probably 6 months, the good news is the embassy seems to be moving quickly so cross my fingers we both get news soon ! Hang in there !

RIUGirl

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
missmymexi said:
I agree !! 100%, lawyers are not really needed in this process at all ! We originally submitted our file on April 17, 2011, we submitted the medicals with our application but they were done in February. We got approval finally for the first stage in October and received the AOR and police request on November 26th, we also sent the prepaid waybill around the same time, so now we are waiting for the PRG letter so my fiance can go to DF and get the SPP and PRG. Our file was also held up due to our lawyer telling us we would not need the declarations for his daughters with the initial app. so that was almost a 3 month delay, it made us pretty angry ! So I feel your pain for sure, pretty much everyone I started in this forum with is landed now and we are still looking at probably 6 months, the good news is the embassy seems to be moving quickly so cross my fingers we both get news soon ! Hang in there !
Yes, the delay in our process is because of our lawyer also. We trusted her and thought that she was really going to help us. So not the case though. Did you cancel your lawyer? We have sent in a use of representative letter 2 times trying to cancel her and to give our contact information. We are worried that it will still go to her. That's really upsetting that your lawyer ill adviced you guys also. In this process, time is everything. And a delay is the worst thing that can happen due to someone else's stupidity! Anyways, just wondering how they informed you guys of the AOR and record checks? Email? I totally hope that things move along for us both also!! I hope good news is right around the corner!! Keep me posted!! :)

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
RIUGirl said:
Yes, the delay in our process is because of our lawyer also. We trusted her and thought that she was really going to help us. So not the case though. Did you cancel your lawyer? We have sent in a use of representative letter 2 times trying to cancel her and to give our contact information. We are worried that it will still go to her. That's really upsetting that your lawyer ill adviced you guys also. In this process, time is everything. And a delay is the worst thing that can happen due to someone else's stupidity! Anyways, just wondering how they informed you guys of the AOR and record checks? Email? I totally hope that things move along for us both also!! I hope good news is right around the corner!! Keep me posted!! :)
I havent let the lawyer go yet because I wanted to wait till everything was submitted so we didnt end up with a disconnect with contact info, however, I have told them I will handle everything and contact them if I need thier assistance. We got the AOR via email, it went directly to the lawyer, so you may want to send a case specific enquiry and make sure that the lawyer hasnt received it and you just were not informed, as I recall that happened to someone very recently. Has you change of contact info showed up on ecas ? thats always a good way to check if it has been updated as well, well if they actually update it lol ! I hear ya on being delayed due to others stupidity, its easier when you make the mistake yourself to digest it !

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
missmymexi and RIUgirl... the delays are a huge issue. We feel like we have been going around in circles for four months.. FOUR MONTHS and we still aren't ready to file the application?!

One of the issues is dates on things like letters of support fell behind because it took so long to get the rest together.. today they tell us the forms signed in November need to be updated with a more current date!!!!

Has anyone else found it was an issue with varying dates next to signatures? Has anyone put in a lot of effort to make sure everything appears to have been done at the same time? I don't see the value... it seems more like more billable hours and more delays. =(

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Anyone ever get an internal server error when trying to connect to pages on cic.gc.ca?

I can't seem to get through to "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp#step1

RIUGirl

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
bttmntl said:
missmymexi and RIUgirl... the delays are a huge issue. We feel like we have been going around in circles for four months.. FOUR MONTHS and we still aren't ready to file the application?!

One of the issues is dates on things like letters of support fell behind because it took so long to get the rest together.. today they tell us the forms signed in November need to be updated with a more current date!!!!

Has anyone else found it was an issue with varying dates next to signatures? Has anyone put in a lot of effort to make sure everything appears to have been done at the same time? I don't see the value... it seems more like more billable hours and more delays. =(
Hi bttmntl,

I totally feel your pain! That is another reason that we decided to cancel the lawyer. I wanted it done and sent ASAP!!! Our lawyer was taking forever and each hour she "worked on it" was like $200.00. Finally, I took the application and finished it on my own. I could not wait anymore!! If I had done it on my own from the beginning, it would have taken me 3 weeks. With her, it was just over 2 months and she kept saying "it's almost ready" but, I couldn't handle waiting anymore. I personally don't think it should take this long to get ready. I hope you can get it to Ottawa soon.

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Thanks RIUgirl...

We're exploring the idea of canceling our lawyer and completing the application package on our own... we have virtually everything but want to read all the guidelines in detail to make sure we don't make any mistakes.

Like I said above there is an internal server error preventing us from checking out the main page but we found these two guides using the search function... are these what everyone else used?

Guide 3900 - Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

Guide 3999 - Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

Although the titles look the same one refers to the forms for the sponsor and the other for the sponsored person.

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
bttmntl said:
Thanks RIUgirl...

We're exploring the idea of canceling our lawyer and completing the application package on our own... we have virtually everything but want to read all the guidelines in detail to make sure we don't make any mistakes.

Like I said above there is an internal server error preventing us from checking out the main page but we found these two guides using the search function... are these what everyone else used?

Guide 3900 - Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

Guide 3999 - Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

Although the titles look the same one refers to the forms for the sponsor and the other for the sponsored person.
Might be because CIC is updating the website.

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
missmymexi said:
Yeah by two weeks they should have it. Before it was about 10 calendar days to send it back.

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
For those of you who had to translate Spanish documents.. did you do it in Mexico? If so did you have any trouble getting the affidavit and certification in English?

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
bttmntl said:
For those of you who had to translate Spanish documents.. did you do it in Mexico? If so did you have any trouble getting the affidavit and certification in English?
Just look for a Perito Traductor, they´re certified translators, they can be pricey sometimes, at least where I´m at because there are not a lot of them.