8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
meeshy said:
Im hoping so!! thats what it seems like from what ive seen! check out the spreadsheet. but ill let you know, just sent mine off so let's see if we hear before Christmas :p
keep me posted meeshy!

good luck!

RIUGirl

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
mc1234 said:
Sorry to hear about your troubles RIUgirl. It sucks that you were ill advised which has lead to a super long processing time. The good news is that, once Mexico City recieves your file, and send you an AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) which also comes with the PGR and SSP, you are very close to the end (assuming they believe your relationship is genuine) The SSP you can get at any time. The PGR is more tricky because you need the letter from the embassy. You can not pick it up, they only courier it to you or send it via mail and only will sned it to you once you and your husband pass their first stage and send you AOR.

Here are the list of requirements for the PGR:

http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp

Also, I dont know where in Mexico you are but the PGR can now be done in any state in Mexico making it a lot faster/cheaper for people that need the document (since it takes 10 days to get which means 2 trips to mexico city or a very long vacation there) So the address of your local PGR office depends on your state.

Something I would do while you wait for your AOR (can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months depending) is make sure your husband has everything on the PGR list as they are extremly picky.

The one thing we did before we started this process was get my husbands precartilla since he did not have one or a cartilla liberada from the military. This is a problem a lot of us had on here and is something that needs to be done, so if your husband doesnt have it that is a good way to be proactive. Without it they will not issue the PGR.

Things will work out, stay strong!

Good luck!
Thank you very much for the wealth of knowledge! We appreciate it so much!!!
I am still a little confused about where the prepaid waybill comes in. Also, just wondering how long the validity of the SSP is for? We want to get it done soon but we don't want it to have a "short life" and have to get it again. My husband is in Mazatlán, Sinaloa so we will look up the PGR office in that state.
The one happy thing is that we were told to get his military card by our friend so that is one thing we finally did right! Haha :(

Thanks again for your guys help! I hope we receive the AOR very soon!!

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
RIUGirl said:
Thank you very much for the wealth of knowledge! We appreciate it so much!!!
I am still a little confused about where the prepaid waybill comes in. Also, just wondering how long the validity of the SSP is for? We want to get it done soon but we don't want it to have a "short life" and have to get it again. My husband is in Mazatlán, Sinaloa so we will look up the PGR office in that state.
The one happy thing is that we were told to get his military card by our friend so that is one thing we finally did right! Haha :(

Thanks again for your guys help! I hope we receive the AOR very soon!!
When the VO sends the AOR and requests for the police reports via email they send the offical request for the PGR by regular mail. I still to this day did not recieve that. In order to recieve it quickly and not waiting for it to "maybe" show up. The postal service here isnt so reliable so with the pre paid way bill you are garenteed to recieve it. Usually takes 10 days to get the letter once they recieve the way bill. I belive the SSP has to be recieved withing 3 months of the issue date, but im not 100% sure.
Hope that clears a couple things for you

RIUGirl

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
meeshy said:
When the VO sends the AOR and requests for the police reports via email they send the offical request for the PGR by regular mail. I still to this day did not recieve that. In order to recieve it quickly and not waiting for it to "maybe" show up. The postal service here isnt so reliable so with the pre paid way bill you are garenteed to recieve it. Usually takes 10 days to get the letter once they recieve the way bill. I belive the SSP has to be recieved withing 3 months of the issue date, but im not 100% sure.
Hope that clears a couple things for you
Thanks Meeshy,

When your spouse got their SSP, did it have an expiry date on it? We might be going to Mexico City next week and want to make sure that if we get it, it is valid for at least 6 months.

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
RIUGirl said:
Thanks Meeshy,

When your spouse got their SSP, did it have an expiry date on it? We might be going to Mexico City next week and want to make sure that if we get it, it is valid for at least 6 months.
I know the PGR has a validity of 30 days, not sure about the ssp

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
RIUGirl said:
Thanks Meeshy,

Im not sure it has an expiry date but I think the Canadian Embassy counts it to be valid for up to 3 months. I faintly remember reading this somewhere but im not 100% sure

taschj

Jun 29, 2012
Thetford Mines
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2012 (SENT TO CIC)
Doc's Request.
17-08-2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
17-07-2012 (AOR CIC)
File Transfer...
17-08-2012 (AOR MEXICO)
Med's Done....
14-02-2012 (MED. DONE)
VISA ISSUED...
ASAP !!!!
do somebody knows what visa office do with police certificates ? Do they only need them to be able to continue with the case... or do they need them for doing further investigation ?

I was also wondering what can make the delay longer (or shorter) for getting the ppr after you handed everything to the visa office... has been over a month since we submitted all police certificates... ::)

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
taschj said:
do somebody knows what visa office do with police certificates ? Do they only need them to be able to continue with the case... or do they need them for doing further investigation ?

I was also wondering what can make the delay longer (or shorter) for getting the ppr after you handed everything to the visa office... has been over a month since we submitted all police certificates... ::)
We took a little more then two months after the police checks were submitted to get PPR.. But our medicals also werent found in time which caused them to move on to the next file.. It will come soon! I know its hard but you are almost at the end :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RIUGirl said:
Thanks Meeshy,

Police Certificates are valid for a year as long as CIC receives the police certificate within 3 months from the date it was issued.

So, if you get the SSP just make sure to mail it or drop it off at the Embassy (there's really no point to delay sending it to them since it sounds like CPC-M has advised you they are your VO). Remember to include the file number on a cover letter and on the envelope.

You may want to consider including off a pre-paid waybill in the envelope for the PGR request letter so that you get that a bit faster. The Embassy is getting good about using those if supplied.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dazz13 said:
to whoever can help...OhCanadiana?

this is what my wife received today in her email:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your
application, we require the following:
• POLICE CERTIFICATES FROM:
1. MEXICO. You will need to provide both:
- Federal Police Certificate issued by Procuraduría General de la República (PGR) called “Constancia de
Antecedentes Registrales”.
AND
- Federal Police Certificate issued by Secretaría de Seguridad Pública (SSP) called “Certificado de
Antecedentes No Penales”
Instructions on how to obtain police certificates from PGR and SSP are at the bottom of this Letter.
NOTE: Mexican state police certificates will not be accepted
• Please submit an updated version of the Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669) for you. We
noted that you have failed to cover all time periods required in Section 8 (personal history).
In Section 8, you must provide the details of your personal history for all time periods since the age of 18.
Specifically, you should address the following gap: From 02/1990 to 01/2002.
Furthermore, for all time periods, you must specify the months and years covered by each activity and indicate
your occupation or job title if you were working, or otherwise provide information on what you were doing (for
instance: unemployed, studying, travelling, in detention, etc.). The detailed description should be written in
English or French (indicating that you are simply “employed” is not acceptable).
• Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee. In order to expexpedite the processing of your application, we
require you to provide us a copy of your RPRF receipt. If the fee has not already been paid, please find
instructions on how to proceed at https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

so...we've already paid and sent the receipt with the file...

the weird thing is she already sent one of these police reports...should she re do it just in case?
Dazz13 - If you included the payment of your RPFR upfront (ie paying 1040 upfront), send the Embassy a case specific enquiry with a copy of the receipt as an attachment. You can send it through here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/mexico.asp CPC-M is supposed to process the payment and reflect it in the system. It may just not have been done properly and they want to send it to CPC-M to have them add in the payment to your file electronically (Visa offices cannot input payments done online or at a Canadian bank into the system).

Regarding the police reports, were you ever able to figure out which she got? Was it the Nuevo Leon (the state one)?

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Hey RIUGirl - why did you cancel your lawyer?

We are using a lawyer now and have their name in our mailing address info and have made them our representative... but we havent filed the papers yet so I'm curious to see why you cut off ties.

meeshy - why do you say we should wait to send SSP with PGR? We were under the impression the SSP goes with the application package to CIC and then the PGR goes to the Embassy after they ask for it.. no?

Just wanted to confirm with everyone.. should the background declaration have "none" for military service? My partner will be getting his precartilla after we file the application... so we're a bit nervous he will be asked to do some work and there will be a contradiction on our background declaration which says "none".

Thanks!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:

We are using a lawyer now and have their name in our mailing address info and have made them our representative... but we havent filed the papers yet so I'm curious to see why you cut off ties.

meeshy - why do you say we should wait to send SSP with PGR? We were under the impression the SSP goes with the application package to CIC and then the PGR goes to the Embassy after they ask for it.. no?

Just wanted to confirm with everyone.. should the background declaration have "none" for military service? My partner will be getting his precartilla after we file the application... so we're a bit nervous he will be asked to do some work and there will be a contradiction on our background declaration which says "none".

Thanks!
Welcome :)

The SSP requirement is relatively new so folks who were already in process before May 25, 2012 would not have submitted the SSP with their application. Nowadays, the safest thing to do would be to submit it upfront if you can to ensure your application is complete with everything you can include. The risk is that they may ask you for it again if it expires but hopefully you'll be ok in that regard. If you have it already and wait, you'll definitely need to resubmit it because otherwise it will have expired.

If he has performed no military service, answer 'none.' If that changes, you can submit a change to CIC with the new information.

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
bttmntl said:

Thanks!
If you send it in with the initial application thats no problem. In our case we sent one from Quintana Roo where we live, not realizing he would need one from Distrito Federal. What I meant by sending it together is that on the letter we recieved requesting the PGR and the SSP and addition documentation, it says "*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***"

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
OhCanadiana and meeshy - thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Have a lovely night.

sanchez

Nov 7, 2012
Hello mavimolly

I have a question for you:

- when you sent the request to the Canadian embassy in Mexico city to get the "informe de datos registrales", did you sent a courier prepaid air bill to get back from Mexico the "informe de datos registrales"? BTW, they sent the "informe de datos registrales" to you or to the Visa office which is processing your application?

- Is it possible to get get the SPP certificate in Mexico city through a familiar and then send it by your own to the visa office which is processing your application? I mean, should I send the "informe de datos registrales" and the SPP certificate at the same time to the Visa office? or it does not matter if I send them separetely?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards