20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Dazz13 said:
wow...really? so if all goes well after the police report... possibly within 2 weeks???
Im hoping so!! thats what it seems like from what ive seen! check out the spreadsheet. but ill let you know, just sent mine off so let's see if we hear before Christmas :p

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
RIUGirl said:
Hi Eduram,

I have been reading your posts on here and I have a question for you in regards obtaining the PGR and SSP. My husbands file is just arriving in Mexico City. Is it possible to go there in person to get the letter instead of waiting for it? Or, can we send a prepaid waybill to ask for it? We are approaching 9 months now and just started the second stage in this process. Any advice would be helpful!
Thanks!!
Hey Riu,

Im by no means an expert, just talking from experience and from what I´ve read here and the awesome people from the forum has advised me.

I´ve never heard of someone picking up the PGR letter from the embassy, I do not know if this is possible but quite a few of us has been sending the prepaid waybill in advance so when they request the PGR they can speed up the process a little.

RIUGirl

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
Eduram said:
Hey Riu,

Im by no means an expert, just talking from experience and from what I´ve read here and the awesome people from the forum has advised me.

I´ve never heard of someone picking up the PGR letter from the embassy, I do not know if this is possible but quite a few of us has been sending the prepaid waybill in advance so when they request the PGR they can speed up the process a little.
Hey Eduram,

Thanks for the reply! I think I messed up my question to you. We are waiting for the initial letter that requests the federal checks. Are we able to send a waybill for this first letter?
Thanks!

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
RIUGirl said:
Hi Eduram,

I have been reading your posts on here and I have a question for you in regards obtaining the PGR and SSP. My husbands file is just arriving in Mexico City. Is it possible to go there in person to get the letter instead of waiting for it? Or, can we send a prepaid waybill to ask for it? We are approaching 9 months now and just started the second stage in this process. Any advice would be helpful!
Thanks!!

What's eduram said is true. You can send a waybill with a letter stating your file number and that in order to have things done you would like them to send the pgr with the way bill.

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
RIUGirl said:
Hey Eduram,

Thanks for the reply! I think I messed up my question to you. We are waiting for the initial letter that requests the federal checks. Are we able to send a waybill for this first letter?
Thanks!
The first letter is normally sent by email I believe. How did you recieve your first notification?

RIUGirl

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
meeshy said:
The first letter is normally sent by email I believe. How did you recieve your first notification?
Hey Meeshy,

Thank you for replying! I am a little confused about everything in this process as my husband and I have not had a lot of luck like most people. We have only received letters sent through e-mail (which previously were sent to our lawyer, but hopefully not anymore as we cancelled her). At this point, our file should be arriving in Mexico City this week or early next week. It may even be there now. I am wondering if we can send them a waybill requesting the initial letter that tells us to get his federal checks. Or, do we wait for this initial letter to come through mail or email?
Thanks!

RIUGirl

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
Hi again Meeshy,

We applied in March, 2012 for my husband's permanent resident visa. I just got notice on November 16, 2012 (after talking to the director of CPC-Ottawa), confirming that I have been approved to sponsor and that our file is being sent to Mex City. Our big mistake was not sending in his medical with the original application...we were told NOT to do this by many people, so we listened. Apparently, that was our major mistake. Now, we are entering into 9 months and I want to be able to help speed up our process in any way that I can. Do you think I should send a waybill for the letter requesting my husbands federal checks?

Thanks! :)

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
RIUGirl said:
Hey Meeshy,

Thank you for replying! I am a little confused about everything in this process as my husband and I have not had a lot of luck like most people. We have only received letters sent through e-mail (which previously were sent to our lawyer, but hopefully not anymore as we cancelled her). At this point, our file should be arriving in Mexico City this week or early next week. It may even be there now. I am wondering if we can send them a waybill requesting the initial letter that tells us to get his federal checks. Or, do we wait for this initial letter to come through mail or email?
Thanks!
I would assume you would recieve the request for the police report by email as long as they have the correct contact information. Sorry I'm not sure what happens when you cancel your use of representative. I haven't heard of anyone sending the pre paid waybill to recieve the request as they are usually by email. What you could do in the mean time, is send the pre paid way bill for the official request for the pgr and in a cover letter just make sure you reiterate that you have cancelled your lawyer and you would like all corresponce to be sent to yourself via your email. Just explain to them that you are unsure that the information will be sent to you or your old lawyer. That way you kill 2 birds with one stone.

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
When your file is recieved Mexico City you recieve 2 emails the AOR saying they have recieved you application, and another requestin the ssp, pgr, and any other additional documents they want. The pgr letter you need to take to get the report is sent separate in the mail.
It sucks your we're ill adviced about the Medicals. I believe the other classes of immigration, business and skilled worker asks you to wait for the medical and I guess those people were thinking of that and not family class sponsorship. Jerks

RIUGirl

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
meeshy said:
I would assume you would recieve the request for the police report by email as long as they have the correct contact information. Sorry I'm not sure what happens when you cancel your use of representative. I haven't heard of anyone sending the pre paid waybill to recieve the request as they are usually by email. What you could do in the mean time, is send the pre paid way bill for the official request for the pgr and in a cover letter just make sure you reiterate that you have cancelled your lawyer and you would like all corresponce to be sent to yourself via your email. Just explain to them that you are unsure that the information will be sent to you or your old lawyer. That way you kill 2 birds with one stone.
Thanks Meeshy,

I just want to make sure that we can request his PGR without the letter asking for his federal checks or do we need this letter? It is his SSP that has to be done in Mexico City, correct?

WoW, you guys have been so informative! Thank you!

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
RIUGirl said:
Thanks Meeshy,

I just want to make sure that we can request his PGR without the letter asking for his federal checks or do we need this letter? It is his SSP that has to be done in Mexico City, correct?

WoW, you guys have been so informative! Thank you!
The ssp you can get on your own no problem, but you do need the letter from the embassy for the PGR.

RIUGirl

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
meeshy said:
The ssp you can get on your own no problem, but you do need the letter from the embassy for the PGR.
Ok, my head feels like it is going to explode! I have been reading so much tonight and I want to make a good game plan for my husband and me. I think you are saying that we can go to Mexico City and receive his SSP, at anytime without a letter. The PGR, is a little harder to get and we need to wait for the letter asking for the federal record check but we can send them a waybill explaining what we are wanting/waiting for. Si?

I appreciate all your help!!!! :)

RIUGirl

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
Hi again Meeshy,

Do you know all the requirements that we need for the PGR and do you know the address to send thewaybill to? We want to get this done asap.
Also, do you advise us to go get his SSP right away so that we have it? We could go next week if we need to. I just want to know if it is better to wait and send both certificates to the embassy together or should we drop them off in person, after getting his SSP? What did you and your spouse do? We made a huge mistake before by not sending the medical and now we just want to have some help and guidance in the right direction. I would love to know as much information about our next step so that we aren't behind again.

THANKS! :)

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
RIUGirl said:
Hi again Meeshy,

Do you know all the requirements that we need for the PGR and do you know the address to send thewaybill to? We want to get this done asap.
Also, do you advise us to go get his SSP right away so that we have it? We could go next week if we need to. I just want to know if it is better to wait and send both certificates to the embassy together or should we drop them off in person, after getting his SSP? What did you and your spouse do? We made a huge mistake before by not sending the medical and now we just want to have some help and guidance in the right direction. I would love to know as much information about our next step so that we aren't behind again.

Sorry to hear about your troubles RIUgirl. It sucks that you were ill advised which has lead to a super long processing time. The good news is that, once Mexico City recieves your file, and send you an AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) which also comes with the PGR and SSP, you are very close to the end (assuming they believe your relationship is genuine) The SSP you can get at any time. The PGR is more tricky because you need the letter from the embassy. You can not pick it up, they only courier it to you or send it via mail and only will sned it to you once you and your husband pass their first stage and send you AOR.

Here are the list of requirements for the PGR:

http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp

Also, I dont know where in Mexico you are but the PGR can now be done in any state in Mexico making it a lot faster/cheaper for people that need the document (since it takes 10 days to get which means 2 trips to mexico city or a very long vacation there) So the address of your local PGR office depends on your state.

Something I would do while you wait for your AOR (can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months depending) is make sure your husband has everything on the PGR list as they are extremly picky.

The one thing we did before we started this process was get my husbands precartilla since he did not have one or a cartilla liberada from the military. This is a problem a lot of us had on here and is something that needs to be done, so if your husband doesnt have it that is a good way to be proactive. Without it they will not issue the PGR.

Things will work out, stay strong!

Good luck!

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
RIUGirl said:
Hi again Meeshy,

Just to add to that, dont send in everything separately, wait till you have the ssp and pgr before sending the documents in, also, you may get asked for other things with your application if something is missing or incorrect.