+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

maguita

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
TorontoLove said:
Hello JuanP_Mexican,

I am in Canada since May and I applied in March for my PR while I was in Mexico so I did an out land application. I am just hoping they don't request an interview for me. As far as I know if they ask you for an interview you will have to travel back to Mexico City (They will let you know 30 days in advance if you need an interview so that gives you time to travel back to Mexico).

When I traveled to Canada I was having a round trip because my intention was to go back to Mexico in 3 months but then my husband and I decided that I will stay as longer as I could in here so I just applied for an extension to stay longer in Canada than the 6 months that they always give you, so I canceled my flight back to Mexico. When I arrived to Canada they asked me how long I was going to stay in here so I told them 3 months but they didn't ask me for proof so I didn't have to show my ticket to return to Mexico, I guess everything depends on the immigration officer if they ask you for a return flight to Mexico or any proof that you will be going back. I have been going in an out of Canada several times in the past 5 years so maybe that is also why they didn't asked me for proof that I will be going back or who knows. In my opinion you need to give the immigration officer a date for when you will be going back to Mexico it doesn't matter if you change it later.
maguita said:
Hello Juan P.

I have traveled to Canada twice without a return flight, the first time my immigration officer was super nice, He asked me who you come to visit? I say :My husband... and he stamped my passport and let me in, I left 6 months after(Just the time you are allowed with visa)..... The second time , same question, same answer, but this time the immigration officer didn't like it so much, so he passed me to a second immigration office who was very tuff asking many questions about me and my husband, if I was working in Canada, How did we manage the payments if i was not working, if my husband was at the airport waiting for me , if I was sure he was outside, etc...For me was very useful that I have a copy of my husband approval letter as sponsor, my husband invitation letter to visit Canada, with the address of his house (the same for the application file), his telephone, his signature and a copy of his passport, I told her that she can call him if she wanted and I explained to her the way we manage our payment Is with my savings and a bit of income from Mexico, that my intentions were not to work in Canada, only to visit my husband in the meantime the sponsorship approval get process.... My advice to you will be: don't get nervous, bring with you the letter, and prove of your relation, maybe a picture etc, tell them you only come for a visit and that you are not going to stay longer in the country because you have things to do in Mexico, In my opinion is better if you go out of Canada and don't ask for a visa extension but that's a personal decision. Good luck, everything will be fine!!!!

maguita

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
maguita said:
Hello guys,

It was a beautiful day in Canada, today, the last year it was snowing already, but today was very sunny and warm.

I am trying to organize a bit with the dates coming because my husband is visiting Mexico for Christmas break (From Dec 18 to January 10) and we can escape the cold winter here too.

My Visa expires in November 28 so I have to go out of Canada for that day. (I don't want to be the winter here so I will not apply for extension)
My husband comes to Mexico in December 18.
We return together to Canada in January 10.

So I was wondering: Once you receive Passport Request, How long time do you have to land in Canada??
2 months????
How long will the visa be valid?
I already have a Canadian Visa so I don't know if they will give me another visa for 30 days only?
How does the "landing" exactly works? Filling a especial form in the port of arrival?? or with a special visa?

I was checking the Excel file and in Average I counted 2 months from Passport Request to land in Canada, so that means I have enough time to take my vacation relaxed and land in Canada in January 10 in case they ask for my passport after November 10.

Please advice me on how your times had gone after passport request. Also my Med's expire in December 10, and I know you have to land before they expire otherwise you have to do them again, correct?

How was your process?

My second option is: if they ask for my passport while I am in Canada, around November 20 or before,I was wondering if I can just send the passport and I stay here until it comes back and do the landing , for later take vacation in December 18, I am thinking if I can stay for a couple of weeks more after November 28 considering I am in process and they did ask for my passport so they wont consider wrong not to leave in the day I should (November 28) I know this is valid for people who ask for Tourist VISA extensions, they just stay in Canada and ask for extension and in the meantime is in process they just stay in the country, Someone has gone trough the same???

Thank you for the advises, and I know this month will be very positive for us, they will work in more PR's before the Christmas break!!!!! I am pretty sure, positive and convince I will hear some news pretty soon.....

Maguita,

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
Guys whats ppr and pr..... thanks :eek:

Tinyaries

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 26th, 2017
Hello Maguita,

They will definitely give you another visa because it will be a different category, it will say IM-1 IMMIGRANT, and it will be valid for 3 months.
During the landing process, you just have to show your Visa and answer couple of questions, after that you will be given a form called Record of Landing.

As far as I know, Mexico VO takes 2-3 weeks to return your passport, which means you will have enough time to enjoy your vac in peace.
As per the medicals, CIC could extend the validity of your medicals up to 3 more months.

About your plan B, I am not sure. But I think it will make sense for you to be allowed to stay in Canada even after Nov 28 if they have your passport, obviously you could not leave without it. My suggestion would be to give them a call if by Nov 20th if you have not gotten the passport request.

Let`s just keep positive that this month will be `the month` for all of us.

May God hear our prayers!

All the best!!

:)

TorontoLove

Sep 2, 2015
Hello Maguita,

I have been in Canada since May 24th and because I plan to stay longer than 6 months I applied for an extension of my stay on October 23rd because it says in the website that you need to apply for the extension 1 month before your permit is valid and I paid 100 dollars for it and it will take around 145 days to give me an answer and in the meantime I can be in the country with no problem because I am in process for my extension so I am in an implied status. I went to Detroit with my husband on October 24th and came back to Canada on October 25th so when I was coming back the officer in the border was having a bad day because he started asking a lot of confusing questions and he didn't know that I have to keep going in and out of the country every 6 months or that I have to apply for an extension if I plan to stay longer than 6 months in Canada so he stopped us and told us to go into the immigration office in there another officer checked my documents and everything was fine and in order so they stamped a permit for another 6 months in my passport so I guess the application for my extension of staying in here is not valid anymore I didn't want to ask them because I didn't want to get in more trouble so we just left after that and they apologized that they had to check on me.

So if you have a US visa maybe you can cross the border when your permit for staying in Canada expires and then come back so they can give you another 6 months so that way you don't have to risk it and be in the country illegally or apply for an extension of your stay so you have proof that you were always in the country legally.

2 years ago I was in Canada for 3 years so my work permit expired on December 12th and I planned to stay in the country until January 3rd and I was having a valid tourist visa so I remember I called immigration to ask if I was able to stay in the country for another 3 weeks and they told me no you have to apply to change your status from worker to tourist and for an extension to stay longer in the country so I did that and then I left on January 3rd and my husband that was my boyfriend at that time received my permit to stay longer 2 months ago after I left Canada. Maybe it will be different in your case and that was 2 years ago, try to call immigration and ask them about it.

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
Interview approved i will pick my passport with the visa up at 3 finally, one year for me to get ppr :)

rojiyo

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-07-2015 SA 11-08-2015
File Transfer...
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront and passed
Interview........
Waived
Lovelycomplex said:
Interview approved i will pick my passport with the visa up at 3 finally, one year for me to get ppr :)
Congratulaions Lovelycomplex!!! ;D 8)

Luna21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015..........SA email 21-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/15/2015
Lovelycomplex said:
Congratulations LovelyComplex!! So happy for you!! :D

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
Thank you so much, i'm very happy, it's been a whole year for me so there are no words to descrive how happy i am <3

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
CANzanillo said:
Good Morning everyone!

I just want to wish LovelyComplex a very successful interview tomorrow. I am sure you are well prepared so relax, be genuine, and everything will go just fine!! Maybe with luck they will tell you the result of your application and maybe even ask you for your passport right then and there!

Give 'er hell!
Well there you go!!! I won't say that yesterday I told you so!! 8)

I'm sure it's been an anxious wait for you. What a relief!

Muchas Felicidades LovelyComplex!!

I have updated your timeline on the spreadsheet. Please let us all know your landing date!!

Tinyaries

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 26th, 2017
Lovelycomplex said:
Congrats Lovelycomplex!! Really happy for you!!

And that is how November begins for all of us :D

PPRs on the way!!

Fingers crossed!! ;D

maguita

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
Lovelycomplex said:
Thank you so much, i'm very happy, it's been a whole year for me so there are no words to descrive how happy i am <3
maguita said:
Yeah!!!! Lovelycomplex got her visa!!!!! Congratulations !!!! I'm so happy for you and pretty sure this will be the same for me, one year process,which is pretty soon !!!!

The next ones are Canzanillo and Me,I am going to get an E-mail this week for sure :-D hehehehe

I wish you a nice day guys !!!!