Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Our process took and 6 and half months, at that time it was taking three months just to be approved as a sponsor so our breakdown is this:

April - July 2012: missisauga, waiting for sponsorship approval
Late July: Approved as a sponsor, package sent to Mexico City
August 2012: AOR from Mexico City, asking for PGR and SSP
Early October: Went into 'in process' on e-cas, interview waived.

Then we had a problem with them locating our medicals.. it delayed us for about two months.

Late October: After a lot of work on our end the issue was resolved and my husbands medicals were found.

Two weeks later..
Early Nov 2012: passport request
Late Nov 2012: landed

So it took 3 months for sponsorship, 3 months at the mexico city embassy, 3.5 weeks to get AOR from Mexico City after it got there from Mississauga.

Notes:
- My husband had no prior immigration history with Canada
- interview waived
- The only problem our file had which caused a delay of 2 months was that they couldnt find my husbands medical!

So over all our time in Mexico city was very, very fast.

Tomorrow is his 3 month anniversary of the day he landed, time really does fly!

Goodluck!

Lena1984

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2012,03-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
mc1234 said:
Our process took and 6 and half months, at that time it was taking three months just to be approved as a sponsor so our breakdown is this:

April - July 2012: missisauga, waiting for sponsorship approval
Late July: Approved as a sponsor, package sent to Mexico City
August 2012: AOR from Mexico City, asking for PGR and SSP
Early October: Went into 'in process' on e-cas, interview waived.

Then we had a problem with them locating our medicals.. it delayed us for about two months.

Late October: After a lot of work on our end the issue was resolved and my husbands medicals were found.

Two weeks later..
Early Nov 2012: passport request
Late Nov 2012: landed

So it took 3 months for sponsorship, 3 months at the mexico city embassy, 3.5 weeks to get AOR from Mexico City after it got there from Mississauga.

Notes:
- My husband had no prior immigration history with Canada
- interview waived
- The only problem our file had which caused a delay of 2 months was that they couldnt find my husbands medical!

So over all our time in Mexico city was very, very fast.

Tomorrow is his 3 month anniversary of the day he landed, time really does fly!

Goodluck!

WOW! I am soooo encouraged now like you have no idea =)) Thank you for sharing! So my hubby should be here by June/July mas o menos. I'm so excited.

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
Lena1984 said:
WOW! I am soooo encouraged now like you have no idea =)) Thank you for sharing! So my hubby should be here by June/July mas o menos. I'm so excited.
Just have in mind every case is different. MC´s was really fast, mine took exactly 1 year, had to go in for an interview and redo medicals.

Lena1984

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2012,03-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
Eduram said:
Just have in mind every case is different. MC´s was really fast, mine took exactly 1 year, had to go in for an interview and redo medicals.
That's true! I guess it depends on the quality of proof of relationship eh? My hubby's medical is good till October so I hope that will be enough.

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
Lena1984 said:
That's true! I guess it depends on the quality of proof of relationship eh? My hubby's medical is good till October so I hope that will be enough.
me too Lena...I'm not sure if they send me any indication on whether a interview will be required but as far as I know...we've submitted everything and they've received everything...so now we are just waiting...

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
Lena1984 said:
yup, that's encouraging, alright! Mind you mc's case is probably very different than everybody else (by definition!). Still though, if your case is straightforward enough (no deportation/removal, immigration history, divorce, etc.) your file has a great chance of getting processed very fast, I think the Mexico VO is a very efficient one. Good luck to all of us still waiting.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lena1984 said:
The genuineness of the relationship is just one component. They also need to do background and security/criminality checks so it also depends on how quickly external Canadian and foreign governments respond with the necessary clearances.

Hope it goes smoothly for you!

FooF

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
28-10-2013
File Transfer...
12-07-2013
Med's Done....
09-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Hello everyone

I have a situation and I would like to get your comments about it.

Im about to marry my fiance in Mexico (Im from Mexico, he's from Canada) to apply sponsorship outland, but weeks ago i tried to enter Canada, with valid Visa, but it was denied and I agreed to leave voluntarily. They thought I was gonna stay there so they wouldnt allow my entrance.

Now I don't know the status of my visa and of course I don't know how this could affect the sponsorship application.

I would very much appreciate any advice or comment.

Thanks.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FooF said:
Hello everyone

I have a situation and I would like to get your comments about it.

Im about to marry my fianceé in Mexico to apply sponsorship outland, but weeks ago i tried to enter Canada, with valid Visa, but it was denied and I agreed to leave voluntarily. They thought I was gonna stay there so they wouldnt allow my entrance.

Now I don't know the status of my visa and of course I don't know how this could affect the sponsorship application.

I would very much appreciate any advice or comment.

Thanks.
Hello, and welcome, FooF!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding :)

The visa only grants you the ability to get on a plane (or other commercial means of transportation) and travel to Canada. They officer at the border then examines you at the border for admissibility based on the facts at hand.

From what you say it sounds like, based on the information available, the officer concluded it was likely that you would decide to overstay in Canada and therefore decided that you were not admissible (giving you the option to leave voluntarily instead of being denied entry). This is interesting given your wedding plans in Mexico - did you already have the wedding plans at the time?

There are likely notes in your file with details of your interaction and how exactly they treated your entry. That means CIC and CBSA will see them in future interactions with you or your file (e.g., should you try to visit again or when they process your application) and, if they considered it a denied entry the officer should have advised the Mexico VO of the refusal.

It shouldn't cause any issue with your PR application - beyond potentially a second review by a more senior officer - since it doesn't render you inadmissible as a PR. In fact, ironically, the fact that you were trying to visit your fianceé in Canada is just additional proof of the relationship you have with your wife that will support your PR application.

In contrast, depending on what specifically occurred, trying to reenter as a tourist could be very difficult (even if your visa was for multiple entries and if it wasn't cancelled). I would suggest considering consulting a lawyer to minimize hassle/trouble/longer term consequences and taking extensive proof of your return to Mexico should you need to try to travel again as a tourist. There's also several threads on here where people have shared how they avoid miscommunication of intention at the border but it is ultimately up to each specific border officer and the circumstances at the moment you intend to enter. For example, some people have their fianceé travel with them (e.g., if your fianceé is close to the border and you have a US visa, fly to the US and have your fianceé pick you up).

You may want to take a look at Section 13 of ENF-04: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf

Hope this helps.

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Just got back from a week of vacation with my hubby.. it was so nice - a good reminder that we are meant to be together - and we are sad now that it's over.

Should evidence of this trip.. i.e. boarding passes, hotel reservations, photos, etc. be sent to the Embassy as a case-specific enquiry? I don't want to slow them down at all and remember reading in their process guide that evidence from after the decision to apply for sponsorship and permanent residence doesn't have much weight... but in the interest of completeness am thinking about sending it.

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Just a thought for those of you who are relatively new... do you have a military cartilla or precartilla? That's a prerequisite to getting the PGR police certificate you need for the Embassy to approve permanent residence in Canada.

A number of people were caught off-guard by this as you have a pretty small window to give the PGR certificate to the Embassy after they ask for it.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
Just got back from a week of vacation with my hubby.. it was so nice - a good reminder that we are meant to be together - and we are sad now that it's over.

Should evidence of this trip.. i.e. boarding passes, hotel reservations, photos, etc. be sent to the Embassy as a case-specific enquiry? I don't want to slow them down at all and remember reading in their process guide that evidence from after the decision to apply for sponsorship and permanent residence doesn't have much weight... but in the interest of completeness am thinking about sending it.
Sounds like fun times :)

Unless you feel the proof of relationship you sent with your application is weak/has gaps, I would keep the evidence and only send it in if they ask for additional proof. That way you don't generate extra work for them AND have something in case they ask for it.

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Sounds like fun times :)

Unless you feel the proof of relationship you sent with your application is weak/has gaps, I would keep the evidence and only send it in if they ask for additional proof. That way you don't generate extra work for them AND have something in case they ask for it.
I was just going to say the same thing. Definitely keep them and be ready to send if they ask them but what you already sent might be enough.

My husban was just saying that it looks like they get pissed if you give them more work to do so keep the communication simple and just do what they ask.

Jan 31, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
Good news - the BF date (bring forward date) only matters if you don't send anything in. It's used to force a follow-up review/action if nothing else triggers it. Given that you've mailed them items, it becomes irrelevant and they just take action based on the documents you sent.

If they asked for his fingerprints so they can do the RCMP check (vs. for the RCMP check itself already done) they are likely trying to disambiguate his name in the database.
HEy guys! i have a question so my husband is sponsoring me, and the embassy ask for RCMP Fingerprint Based Police Certificate, I live in Mexico and i have no idea where to get my fingerprints i hope you can help me out, also i wanna know if it really takes 18 weeks. Do you know whats next? thanks!

MattElderfield

Feb 25, 2013
Hey everyone have a problem i hope you can help with with????
Me and my Wife are doing the Family sponsorship from outside of Canada. We just completed our PRG and SSP police reports and sent them in. Now we just got an email back asking us for a Police report from BOLIVIA. Apparently it asked for it in the first email asking for our PRG and SSP police reports. It is there but it was very unclear. It said
2. Bolivia for you. Please visit the following website in order to obtain more information:
www .cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/bolivia.asp
I looked at this website and it is saying ether go to Bolivia or send a letter asking for the reports. They gave us untill the 28th of February to do it and it is the 25th of February!!!!!! It says if we send a letter we need a set of fingerprints. Where can my wife obtain a set of fingerprints?? She had some done to obtain her PRG police report, are we able to get a copy of them??
Please help we are Freaking out. It has already been a long process and now with this they might reject our application.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
We need to get a copy of her fingerprints in Guadalajara??????