Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
bonbon9 said:
That's right, jendrian; GT25, canda, you and I are on the safe side since we were all requested the Constancia and it only takes 10 days to get it.

Seems like the Informe is a big hassle, though. And they just take all the time they want (like in the whole process, really). I'm surprised to see that mikeyvr, dealing with Mexico City VO, has been requested an Informe. Maybe the fact that he has gone through an appeal has to do with it. I don't think the fact that he has been living in Vancouver for a long time has to do with it, as both GT25 and I are currently living in Canada and we were asked to provide a Constancia.

Anyway, good luck to everyone with the waiting.

BONBOM so there is a safe side and not safe side?????

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
I think what she meant was:

Constancia: Won't have to deal with the "hope doesn't get lost in the mail..." feature of sending documents, takes 10 days
Informe: Will have to necessarily send the documents, and takes like a month or more

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales and Informe de Datos Registrales are the SAME THING PER PGR SUPERVISOR at teléfono 53460000 extensiones 8430 y 8428.

the difference is how is requested or handled.

Constancia is done by the applicant , takes 10 business days per their website.

Informe is handled directly by the embassy and has to go thru a different process. Embassy to sub-procuraduria , then to PGR , PGR sends it to sub-procudaria and then to the embassy thats why takes longer as is handled by regular mail and I'm sure all the dependencies in mexico take their own time.

I was requested almost the same requirements , fingerprints, photos , passport. NO CURP, no cartilla , no utility bill.

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
yeah, it has the same value that's what we've been saying

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
If my file is in mexico city , after you get the constancia from PGR if I get a family member to get it in person , you can just drop in at the embassy ?

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
I don't know, all I can tell you is that "how to get the informe" or "do I need to get the informe" is somewhere in the letter with requirements you got. If it doesn't say anything about getting the letter I don't think you need to worry about it.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
MexiCana tried to hand in a Constancia instead of an Informe and it was rejected. This was through Buffalo VO.

If they asked you to send your documents in for an Informe, and you already did, all you can do now is just wait. If you really want to, you can go ahead and try to get a Constancia and send it to the Embassy, however, chances are it will be rejected just like MexiCana's.

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
bonbon9 said:
MexiCana tried to hand in a Constancia instead of an Informe and it was rejected. This was through Buffalo VO.

If they asked you to send your documents in for an Informe, and you already did, all you can do now is just wait. If you really want to, you can go ahead and try to get a Constancia and send it to the Embassy, however, chances are it will be rejected just like MexiCana's.
On one of Mexicana post she said she was able to get the informe in Mexico city????

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
mikeyvr said:
GT25 I dont know why they are requesting mine directly , they asked me to sent 3 sets of fingerprints, photographs and a copy of my passport. I've been living in Vancouver for the past 2 yrs , not sure if that has anything to do with them requesting for me.

this is their response when my MP asked for status.

The applicant has provided his police certificates and his fingerprints in order to obtain the certificate from the federal police (PGR) in Mexico. We are currently waiting for the PGR and the medical results.
Honestly I don't know what happens with them they do different things all the time with all of us They sent the letter addressed to me and gave me instruction on how obtain the letter luckily I was there otherwise I would've sent somebody in my behalf, I am in the same situation than you, I'm living in Edmonton since almost 3 years. It could be that different officers processes differently. Let's be hopeful and all our visas will come soon I feel it je je Good luck!

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
mikeyvr said:
If my file is in mexico city , after you get the constancia from PGR if I get a family member to get it in person , you can just drop in at the embassy ?
I asked while I was in the Embassy if somebody else could give them my Constancia and the Officer said yes. It is not a big deal to get into the Embassy anyone can do it, you get there they check your bags no computer or ipod or any electronic, they give you a turn and then you talk to an officer or service person. My cousin is bringing my Constancia Next Week I let you know if she has any trouble!

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
GT25 said:
I asked while I was in the Embassy if somebody else could give them my Constancia and the Officer said yes. It is not a big deal to get into the Embassy anyone can do it, you get there they check your bags no computer or ipod or any electronic, they give you a turn and then you talk to an officer or service person. My cousin is bringing my Constancia Next Week I let you know if she has any trouble!

Thank you ,

we are actually talking to our Member of the Parliament here in Vancouver to ask her to send an email and see if they will take a constacia if my mother request it in mexico city rather than waiting 2 -3 months for the Informe de datos registrales. I will have some news tomorrow evening.

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
mikeyvr said:
Thank you ,

we are actually talking to our Member of the Parliament here in Vancouver to ask her to send an email and see if they will take a constacia if my mother request it in mexico city rather than waiting 2 -3 months for the Informe de datos registrales. I will have some news tomorrow evening.
Good luck with that if you need more info let me know, because if your mom gets it for you she will need a Carta poder so I can share my info how I got mine My cousin got it last Friday in PGR and he is bringing it tomorrow to the Embassy!

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
GT25 said:
Good luck with that if you need more info let me know, because if your mom gets it for you she will need a Carta poder so I can share my info how I got mine My cousin got it last Friday in PGR and he is bringing it tomorrow to the Embassy!

Thanks GT25 ,

We went to see our MP on friday , she said she will send an email to the embassy in Mexico , to let them know that the Medicals have been done, and for them to request them from ottawa.

On the PGR report she is asking them when they ( The embassy ) request the police report to PGR and if they would take one mine if im able to get it thru my mom.

Could you share if how to get the carta poder ???? i was reading some on their page and it needs a bunch of stuff ? signatures , witnesses etc.

could you share ?

Thanks.

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
mikeyvr said:
Could you share if how to get the carta poder ???? i was reading some on their page and it needs a bunch of stuff ? signatures , witnesses etc.
Hey Mike, I know you didn't ask me, but the "Carta poder" is a power of attorney, they sell it in any office supply store (papeleria) but it requires:

1. Your signature, name and address
2. The signature of the person you're assigning the power to
3. two witnesses (they don't need to be there)

For each of those 4 people you'll require signature, full name, address, and a photocopy of an ID valid in Mexico (passport, IFE, driver's license).

The letter itself must specify what the power of attorney is for in the content of the letter, including who it is addressed to –it can be: "to whom it may concern"– and the power you're giving your mom with it.

Finally, because I know you're in Canada, your options are either teaching your mom to do your signature, or having her send you the power of attorney, sign it, send it back to her.

You could also get a canadian power of attorney with all of the requirements to grant this power to your mom, get it legalized in Canada, then send it to Mexico and have it translated and notarized, that should work too (because it's legalized and notarized).

I'm wondering how bonbon got her mom to pick up the letter without her being able to sign a power of attorney for her mom

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
jendrian said:
Hey Mike, I know you didn't ask me, but the "Carta poder" is a power of attorney, they sell it in any office supply store (papeleria) but it requires:

1. Your signature, name and address
2. The signature of the person you're assigning the power to
3. two witnesses (they don't need to be there)

For each of those 4 people you'll require signature, full name, address, and a photocopy of an ID valid in Mexico (passport, IFE, driver's license).

The letter itself must specify what the power of attorney is for in the content of the letter, including who it is addressed to –it can be: "to whom it may concern"– and the power you're giving your mom with it.

Finally, because I know you're in Canada, your options are either teaching your mom to do your signature, or having her send you the power of attorney, sign it, send it back to her.

You could also get a canadian power of attorney with all of the requirements to grant this power to your mom, get it legalized in Canada, then send it to Mexico and have it translated and notarized, that should work too (because it's legalized and notarized).

I'm wondering how bonbon got her mom to pick up the letter without her being able to sign a power of attorney for her mom

Thanks Jendrian,

Do you tink they will question how my mother got my power of attorney in Mexico ?

What about if they scan a carta poder , send it to me by email , sign it and send it by feb ex with the finger prints and the photos ????