Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I'm the exact same. As you have. First marriage and everything. It is not complex and I'm tired of them using that excuse. And what's worse...I ordered the notes. I waited a month and today they responded and said they can't provide me the notes without the consent form signed by the applicant. I submitted the consent form with the request for the notes. Because they did not see it...I now have to wait another month + for the notes. I'm so angry through this at how incompetent these people are.
I give them until the end of the 12 months (Feb 19th 2020) , if no updates i'll take measures def to know what's going on

Last edited:

starpanda

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
My husband is Dominican as well. Our application was done right before the 1 year and now we are waiting for his passport to be returned.
Can you please share your timeline? It is hard to find Dominican applicants that have recently been trough the process.I hear a lot of DR apps go far beyond the 1 year mark.

Reactions: Mrs. Santiago

Nala

Nov 26, 2019
My husband is Dominican as well. Our application was done right before the 1 year and now we are waiting for his passport to be returned.
Thanks so much for getting back to me! How long have you been waiting for the passport?
Also, @laport2018 can you also please share you timeline?

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Thanks so much for getting back to me! How long have you been waiting for the passport?
Also, @laport2018 can you also please share you timeline?
Hey we were sept 2018 applicants , interview was December 2 2019 , he landed Jan 16 in Toronto

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Can you please share your timeline? It is hard to find Dominican applicants that have recently been trough the process.I hear a lot of DR apps go far beyond the 1 year mark.
We were start to finish 16 months

bevv.bab

Sep 16, 2019
Just received official AOR2 and a request for updated police certificate (we hit the one year mark 3 days ago)!

Question for anybody where the PA from Cuba - the letter is requesting specifically for a CERTIFICACIÓN DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES, issued by the Consultoria Juridica Internacional. It's saying to send both this and the Police Certificate at the same time.

For the original police certificate that we sent, it was requested in Santa Clara and was then sent to Havana, which took longer than 30 days. Has anybody had to do this? Does it really need to go to Havana or can it just come directly from a Consultoria Juridica Internacional office?

Reactions: Jan27

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Just received official AOR2 and a request for updated police certificate (we hit the one year mark 3 days ago)!

Question for anybody where the PA from Cuba - the letter is requesting specifically for a CERTIFICACIÓN DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES, issued by the Consultoria Juridica Internacional. It's saying to send both this and the Police Certificate at the same time.

For the original police certificate that we sent, it was requested in Santa Clara and was then sent to Havana, which took longer than 30 days. Has anybody had to do this? Does it really need to go to Havana or can it just come directly from a Consultoria Juridica Internacional office?
Certificacion? Wow - that sounds new. And it sucks.
I know you have to have the Contract with the Ancedentes, but had never heard of needing it sent to a Consultoria bfore. Yuck.

bevv.bab

Sep 16, 2019
Certificacion? Wow - that sounds new. And it sucks.
I know you have to have the Contract with the Ancedentes, but had never heard of needing it sent to a Consultoria bfore. Yuck.
Right?! And the part that's confusing me is they don't necessarily say that the Police Certificate is expired. They only say they need the "Contrato exclusivo para la obtención y legalizatión de CERTIFICACIÓN DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES, issued by the Consultoria Juridica Internacional".

But later in the letter it says to send both this and the Police Certificate together (I had no idea we needed two documents). They have the original Police Certificate, dated Oct 31, 2018. Would this also mean they need an updated Police Certificate as well?

Going to try emailing Mexico, and see what they say.

Reactions: Jan27

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Right?! And the part that's confusing me is they don't necessarily say that the Police Certificate is expired. They only say they need the "Contrato exclusivo para la obtención y legalizatión de CERTIFICACIÓN DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES, issued by the Consultoria Juridica Internacional".

But later in the letter it says to send both this and the Police Certificate together (I had no idea we needed two documents). They have the original Police Certificate, dated Oct 31, 2018. Would this also mean they need an updated Police Certificate as well?

Going to try emailing Mexico, and see what they say.
Oh no - you are good. A few years ago they didn't go this, but now they do. When you go to order a Police Certificate, they give you a contract that is signed and dated and gives you an idea of when you can go and pick up your Police Certificate. It's like a formal receipt with a lot of legalese. They were having trouble with falsified ancedentes. So what you do, is when you get your Police Certificate back, you have to get THAT translated (NOT the contract) but then you send 1) the CONTRACT, 2) the ANCEDENTES and 3) THE TRANSLATION to Mexico.

I hope that helps!

Reactions: bevv.bab and Jan27

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Omg omg
His passport is now ready. Its finally over
1year 1 month and 5 days

Cannot wait to be with my husband in Canada!!
Congrats , get ready for a huge grocery bill lol

Jan27

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019

Its 45 days and yes the stamp that validates this doc is just in habana..I did it long ago..when we start the app.