Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020

EaTONOty

Sep 29, 2018
I got my PPR last month. Is there any photo center that anyone can recommend for permanent residence photos in Mexico City?

Kera18

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
How long does it take to get CSQ (Certificat de Selection du Quebec) request? And How long does it take for Immigration Canada to send the file to an Overseas Visa Office, in our case Mexico Visa Office? SOMEBODY in the same situation, because it is 4 months now and we have not heard anything from Immigration Canada…

TIMELINE
QUEBEC Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Sponsor Lives: Quebec
Applicant Lives: Guatemala
Application Received by CIC: December 22, 2018
Acknowledgment Letter (AOR): February 18, 2019
Medical Examination Requested: February 24, 2019
Sponsorship Approval (SA): February 28, 2019
Medical Exam Passed: March 05, 2019

starpanda

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
My timeline is similar to yours and I'm also waiting, they have not forwarded any December applications to Mexico. I'm hearing from this thread that this office is slow and potentially getting busier due to the closure of other Latin American offices, however it appears that right before the 12 month mark they complete applications. Let's hope it speeds up and we hear something soon.
How long does it take to get CSQ (Certificat de Selection du Quebec) request? And How long does it take for Immigration Canada to send the file to an Overseas Visa Office, in our case Mexico Visa Office? SOMEBODY in the same situation, because it is 4 months now and we have not heard anything from Immigration Canada…

TIMELINE

Kera18

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
My timeline is similar to yours and I'm also waiting, they have not forwarded any December applications to Mexico. I'm hearing from this thread that this office is slow and potentially getting busier due to the closure of other Latin American offices, however it appears that right before the 12 month mark they complete applications. Let's hope it speeds up and we hear something soon.
Yes, I heard that it takes very long. The cuba office was recently closed and the applications were transfered to the Mexico Visa Office. Our timeline bar is is already at the half mark point, and yes let's hope that we dont go over 12 months.

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019

TIMELINE

OMGGGGG!!! Same as me I am PA from Guatemala app received March 27 , medical BIO done so far no file transfer :( also Sponsor from Quebec

But I heard VO Mexico is getting slow for Cuba issue, also I know they take 1 month to give certificat

hstinson

Apr 25, 2019
Fort Mcmurray, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
My husband received a pre-arrival service letter yesterday via email. We filed for his PR July 20, 2018. Any idea what this means? My husband called and the officer from what I understand said it means nothing; he must wait for the approval and then proceed. Anyone have any experience with this? On our files it says "Decision Made".

Also worth noting is that my husband is currently in Canada visiting on a Visitor Visa. Not sure how this will play out. Will we be required to cross the boarder to initiate his "arrival" in Canada? What if he doesn't have a USA Visa?

Last edited:

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
My husband received a pre-arrival service letter yesterday via email. We filed for his PR July 20, 2018. Any idea what this means? My husband called and the officer from what I understand said it means nothing; he must wait for the approval and then proceed. Anyone have any experience with this? On our files it says "Decision Made".

Also worth noting is that my husband is currently in Canada visiting on a Visitor Visa. Not sure how this will play out. Will we be required to cross the boarder to initiate his "arrival" in Canada? What if he doesn't have a USA Visa?
Same thing happened to us, the PPR is coming !!! Could be today or tomorrow or a week from now but it's coming, we got pre-arrival on June 4th, Decision Made on June 5th and the PPR on June 10th
Don't worry about your husband being in Canada, first you send the passport with the instructions they provide in the letter for Canadian residents and then when he gets the passport you have to do the landing. If he doesn't have a US visa I don't know what you can do, sorry

Reactions: hstinson

hstinson

Apr 25, 2019
Fort Mcmurray, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
Same thing happened to us, the PPR is coming !!! Could be today or tomorrow or a week from now but it's coming, we got pre-arrival on June 4th, Decision Made on June 5th and the PPR on June 10th
Don't worry about your husband being in Canada, first you send the passport with the instructions they provide in the letter for Canadian residents and then when he gets the passport you have to do the landing. If he doesn't have a US visa I don't know what you can do, sorry
Thank you for the information.

I spoke with the boarder office near Calgary and they said that it's not necessary to have a Visa (for others wondering). You will go to the boarder and the USA will decline entry you return back and "land" (fulfill the requirement for your PR).

Kera18

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
OMGGGGG!!! Same as me I am PA from Guatemala app received March 27 , medical BIO done so far no file transfer :( also Sponsor from Quebec

But I heard VO Mexico is getting slow for Cuba issue, also I know they take 1 month to give certificat
Yes 1 month to get the CSQ, but for us 6 months since CIC received our application and still we haven't got the CSQ request. Also, 6 months we are at the half way point mark and our application is still in Canada and not at the VO Mexico. Each case is different, keep posting your progress...

Reactions: pasqguz

hstinson

Apr 25, 2019
Fort Mcmurray, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
Hello Everyone,

I am not up on all the abbreviations but I want to share our information as this page has helped me immensely and I hope I can contribute in some way. The following information below are our timelines to date:

Application Received: July 20, 2018

Spousal Sponsorship Approval: November 8, 2018

Applicant Medical Requested: November 13, 2018

Processing of Applicant: February 6, 2019 Application now in Mexico VO

Correspondence Sent to Applicant: February 18, 2019 (About education and travel history-information sent back via email immediately)

Request for Passport: June 12, 2019 (sent to Ottawa same day as my husband is here on a visitor visa, we have instructed them to send it back to Alberta- place of visit)

Any idea how long it takes to get the Visa back? We have sent it Xpresspost.

After this it is my understanding that we will either send the papers away or cross a boarder. We will visit my sister in Calgary, Alberta and cross the Piegan/Carway Boarder to have him "land" and hopefully from there the PR will be sent within a few weeks.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Stay patient and I look forward to processing success for all. :)

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am not up on all the abbreviations but I want to share our information as this page has helped me immensely and I hope I can contribute in some way. The following information below are our timelines to date:

Application Received: July 20, 2018

Spousal Sponsorship Approval: November 8, 2018

Applicant Medical Requested: November 13, 2018

Processing of Applicant: February 6, 2019 Application now in Mexico VO

Correspondence Sent to Applicant: February 18, 2019 (About education and travel history-information sent back via email immediately)

Request for Passport: June 12, 2019 (sent to Ottawa same day as my husband is here on a visitor visa, we have instructed them to send it back to Alberta- place of visit)

Any idea how long it takes to get the Visa back? We have sent it Xpresspost.

After this it is my understanding that we will either send the papers away or cross a boarder. We will visit my sister in Calgary, Alberta and cross the Piegan/Carway Boarder to have him "land" and hopefully from there the PR will be sent within a few weeks.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Stay patient and I look forward to processing success for all. :)
I'm surprised that you got the PPR within the 12 months. An IRCC agent told me over the phone that they look askance at people who apply for PR visas while they're in Canada on a visitor's visa. As if they are trying to game the system. My wife applied for a visitor's visas to come and see me after we were already married. It was refused as they thought that she would not be a genuine visitor and would remain in Canada. It shouldn't take that long to get his passport back

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I'm surprised that you got the PPR within the 12 months. An IRCC agent told me over the phone that they look askance at people who apply for PR visas while they're in Canada on a visitor's visa. As if they are trying to game the system. My wife applied for a visitor's visas to come and see me after we were already married. It was refused as they thought that she would not be a genuine visitor and would remain in Canada. It shouldn't take that long to get his passport back
My husband was here on a visitor visa when we applied for pr. I think you were misinformed

Reactions: laport2018

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Not really. You were lucky. Very few are granted. Were you married in Canada?
We sure were married here! 2.5 months after he came as a visitor for the third time!

Reactions: pasqguz