NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
A Different scenario.
Doesnt seem so based on the post i commented on. Call centre agents dont give accurate consistent advice. They dont have access to the complete files and are not immigration officers. They can speculate and give their thoughts but i bet you get three different answers from three different agents. Take what they with a grain of salt. Enjoy your evening

Reactions: michyme

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Doesnt seem so based on the post i commented on. Call centre agents dont give accurate consistent advice. They dont have access to the complete files and are not immigration officers. They can speculate and give their thoughts but i bet you get three different answers from three different agents. Take what they with a grain of salt. Enjoy your evening
It's different because you two were not married prior to his coming to Canada on a visitor's visa. That makes all the difference.

hstinson

Apr 25, 2019
Fort Mcmurray, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
I'm surprised that you got the PPR within the 12 months. An IRCC agent told me over the phone that they look askance at people who apply for PR visas while they're in Canada on a visitor's visa. As if they are trying to game the system. My wife applied for a visitor's visas to come and see me after we were already married. It was refused as they thought that she would not be a genuine visitor and would remain in Canada. It shouldn't take that long to get his passport back
Sorry for any confusion but my husband was not in Canada while applying for PR status (I think that was an assumption you made). We were married and after our marriage he applied for both a visitor visa and his PR outland. There's no secrets or gaming from our end; my husband was granted a multiply entry visitor visa that allows him to visit Canada whenever he likes (of course upon the discretion of the officer upon entry). In addition, we have been waiting for the processing of the outland PR which just got approved.

CIC is well aware our file, status, and requests every step of the way.

Reactions: pasqguz

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
Sorry for any confusion but my husband was not in Canada while applying for PR status (I think that was an assumption you made). We were married and after our marriage he applied for both a visitor visa and his PR outland. There's no secrets or gaming from our end; my husband was granted a multiply entry visitor visa that allows him to visit Canada whenever he likes (of course upon the discretion of the officer upon entry). In addition, we have been waiting for the processing of the outland PR which just got approved.

CIC is well aware our file, status, and requests every step of the way.
Nonetheless your luck is extraordinary!

Reactions: patjen and hstinson

Kera18

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
TIMELINE
QUEBEC Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Sponsor Lives: Quebec
Applicant Lives: Guatemala
Application Received by CIC: December 22, 2018
Acknowledgment Letter (AOR): February 18, 2019
Medical Examination Requested: February 24, 2019
Sponsorship Approval (SA): February 28, 2019
Medical Exam Passed: March 05, 2019

patjen

Feb 27, 2019
After more than 3 months without any updates on our file I saw a change on Gckey today. From We need additional documents.... ..To this

_- are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
The additional documents were submitted and received first week of March
NOV 2018 applicant

Reactions: pasqguz

garbimba

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I'm surprised that you got the PPR within the 12 months. An IRCC agent told me over the phone that they look askance at people who apply for PR visas while they're in Canada on a visitor's visa. As if they are trying to game the system. My wife applied for a visitor's visas to come and see me after we were already married. It was refused as they thought that she would not be a genuine visitor and would remain in Canada. It shouldn't take that long to get his passport back
That's weird. My wife has visited Canada a few times while awaiting and it was quite the opposite. Last time we came in together the border agent even asked us if we had already applied for her PR, since he wanted to make sure I didn't wait until I moved back to Canada (I'm currently living abroad), since according to him, a lot of people wait until they move back to apply inland and didn't want me to lose any time.

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019
After more than 3 months without any updates on our file I saw a change on Gckey today. From We need additional documents.... ..To this

_- are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
The additional documents were submitted and received first week of March
NOV 2018 applicant
I noticed the same thing today for my husband's application maybe they are finally starting to process our files we can hope

Reactions: patjen

patjen

Feb 27, 2019
I noticed the same thing today for my husband's application maybe they are finally starting to process our files we can hope
I hope the same for all of us. Hopefully they keep working on our files and more updates more good new to come soon... keep praying keep the faith !!

Reactions: Mrs. Santiago

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019
Received confirmation letter this morning file has been transferred to VO Mexico.
Me too, finally some movement. Best of luck and hope we are reunited with our loved one soon.

patjen

Feb 27, 2019
Hi Mari you sure can:
Application Received: 13 Nov
AOR1: 22 Jan
SA: March 1
Medical Req: March 4
Medical Done: March 12
Med passed : March 13
Trans to VO: June 24

Reactions: mari5