+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Really? We used this lady who was a court interpreter (she was a member of the provincial association) and included the notarization in her fee. She charged $50/page. Does yours do the same? If we need to do another translation, maybe I can get the name off of you?
Sure. Basically they work out of a lawyer's office, so they have the person who translates (they are not with ATIA) but then that is certified by a commissioner of oaths in the office. It is a certified translation but not notarized. We haven't had anything that we got notarized AND certified translated except for some stamps in my passport that had Spanish on them.
Yours sounds more professional, mind you. I have to admit I found a few errors in the translations, caught them, and had them fixed them asap. But it was a bit cheaper haha.

Reactions: majesty

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Sure. Basically they work out of a lawyer's office, so they have the person who translates (they are not with ATIA) but then that is certified by a commissioner of oaths in the office. It is a certified translation but not notarized. We haven't had anything that we got notarized AND certified translated except for some stamps in my passport that had Spanish on them.
Yours sounds more professional, mind you. I have to admit I found a few errors in the translations, caught them, and had them fixed them asap. But it was a bit cheaper haha.
It would have been good to compare this with others before I submitted. I was paranoid that they would ask us to redo the translations. The only thing was the extra cost. What the heck, we already spent so much on this whole process, I don't even get upset about that anymore.

BTW, we didn't translate the passport stamps ... we thought it was obvious where the stamps came from, even with some Spanish on it. They never asked us to do translations for them either. I had so many stamps because I had been to Chile 6 times and also went to Argentina. I would have gone broke translating all of them.

Reactions: geografa

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hi guys,

Again just posting the following, in case you guys are not aware.

When your SO travels tell them to have their PR card form already filled up, especially if English is a barrier. Also tell them to bring with them a copy of your wedding certificate and also if there is a divorce certificate - my advice: have them use the copy they kept after submitting the sponsorship application - CBSA checks those docs. As well, tell them to not forget to ask for a letter of recommendation from their present employer, you just never know when you might use it. And last but not least they must carry their national identity card. Cheers!

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Congrats! Quick question, my husband send received email last tuesday requesting passport to be send to embaasy in Mexico, they received it yesterday, and on the email we got it says he has until jan 6th 2017 to enter canada, * thats when the visa expires * he is also from Guatemala, based on your timeline do u think he'll get his passport on time? Its so nervewrecking
Hi, just wondering: Has your husband received his passport back? Pls reply. Thanks

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hello everyone! We got our PPRs Friday night! So glad of yours, also!

We are going to send the passports tomorrow... (we live in Mexico City). I just have 2 questions:

- Did the CIC PPR letter ask you the complete address in which you intend to live in Canada? If so, what should us respond? (Obviously, we don’t have any address yet!)

- How many days (aporx) take the VO to return the passports? We have a trip booked for December 21st, and I don’t know if we have to cancel everything...

Thank you!!!
Hi Latas23! Just wondering if u have gotten your passport back and will still be able to travel on the 21st. I truly hope you have. Pls reply. Thx

Reactions: Latas23

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Costa Rica Destination city: Saskatoon
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
Aor1: April 27. Aor2:Jun 2 ECAS process. Official email AOR2: July 5
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
May 8. Med passed: May 9
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
Reactions: msb

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
OMG so happy for you!!! I wrote them this morning, I hope they send mine back today as well! Cheers!
thank you!!!! I hope the best for you soon it will be over, it is waiting for you, a thousand blessings

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
Finally the CGKey works and it confirmed his passport has been updated Dec 12th!!! It should be on its way im guessing! :)
Congratulations !!! I am very happy for you!! :) :)

Reactions: msb

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Hi guys!
Just to say the following: If any of your spouses has a valid driver's licence with at least six months before expiry and they wish to drive as soon as they land, get them to get an international driving permit which will be sufficient to exchange for a canadian driver's licence.
Cheers!
For DR they have to have their licence for 2 years

Latas23

Apr 30, 2017
Hi Latas23! Just wondering if u have gotten your passport back and will still be able to travel on the 21st. I truly hope you have. Pls reply. Thx
Thank you for asking!!!

Unfortunately nothing yet... :( Not even the “accepted” status nor anything. His flight is this Thursday, and mine is on the Dec 30. He wants to go to the Embassy today in person, at least just to ask if they actually needed our passports or not... (because the email we received was kind of “weird”... with no UCI numbers, no address to send the pps, just his name and EE number). Besides, he wants to know if he should change the flights, or cancel the trip.

I honestly think that they will send him back (they are too busy!) But I least he will try.

The waiting is killing us! :confused:

Gracias Manzana!!!

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
I applied for our first set of notes in June (only 5 months after we submitted the application), because we were wondering whether they wanted the RCMP fingerprint report. It turned out to be a good move. I am not sure that if we did not order the notes and asked for the request that they would have eventually sent us the request on their own or not and if they were going to, there was no telling when they would have sent it.

In our case, I think it was a good time to request them. (Nothing had been started yet ... except our criminality check, which apparently was started in February and last we heard, was still not complete; I don't know why because my partner has a clear record and only really lived in Chile and Canada, which we have provided police reports that state this). Otherwise, I think waiting 2 or 3 months after your app has been opened is normally a good time to order notes, from what I have seen happening with processing with this VO.

We just ordered our 4th set of notes because we are in queue for an interview. We pretty much ordered notes every 2 months to see the progress on our app as nothing had been updated on our GCKey account since the beginning of March.
hello Majesty,

hope you had a great time with partner.

when or how did you get the info about the interview? did it appear on your notes?

I log in to the ecas today and found an update but its giving me concerns. Line number 8 was added recently and i don't know what the letter says as it was sent two days ago. PR application still says In Progress.
I am freaking out.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April.
  3. We started processing your application on March.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on January. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you correspondence on March. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. We sent you correspondence on April. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  8. We sent you a letter on December. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
hello Majesty,

when or how did you get the info about the interview? did it appear on your notes?

I log in to the ecas today and found an update but its giving me concerns. Line number 8 was added recently and i don't know what the letter says as it was sent two days ago. PR application still says In Progress.
I am freaking out.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April.
  5. We sent you correspondence on January. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you correspondence on March. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. We sent you correspondence on April. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  8. We sent you a letter on December. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
With a CGKey you would see the actual correspondence there too. It could be the request to send your passport :)

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
With a CGKey you would see the actual correspondence there too. It could be the request to send your passport :)
I can not access the CGKey as I have a rep. I doubt is passport request as we need arc. I hope they request that i just don't know why this time they just say the sent a letter and not specifically a request. I am going nuts. could it be interview?

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
I can not access the CGKey as I have a rep. I doubt is passport request as we need arc. I hope they request that i just don't know why this time they just say the sent a letter and not specifically a request. I am going nuts. could it be interview?
Oh that blows. Cant your rep tell you?
Yes it could be, interview arrives about 30 prior to your date and you have like a week to confirm you will attend.

Reactions: majesty

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
hello Majesty,

I am freaking out.

I hope it is nothing bad. Maybe it is best to contact your rep if there is no way for you to check GCKey account. Find out what the letter is about first. It might not be bad news. Let us know what happens!

Reactions: Aloaleja