26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
General:
EE
- Express Entry: Canada's score-based program for economic immigrants
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System: System for ranking candidates for EE
ITA - Invitation to Apply: an invitation to apply for permanent residence
e-APR - electronic Application for Permanent Residence: the online application for PR after receiving an ITA
RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee: a fee collected as part of your PR application
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt (of application): email confirming receipt of your application after you submit and pay your fees
ADR - Additional Document Request: IRCC sends a message asking you to provide a specific document to supplement your application.

Post-submission stages:
NA1
- "Not Applicable" 1: Background check says "Not Applicable", usually right after submission.
MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from "You do not need a medical exam." to "You have passed the medical exam."
IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially inland and CEC) skip this stage.
NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed.
IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
NA3 - "Not Applicable" 3: Background check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP2 (uncommon)
Ghost update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.
PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends "Ready for visa" e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable.
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you've been approved for permanent residence.

These are not "official" stages, but they are used frequently throughout the forum to track processing of applications.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Adding to the above, some acronyms arent used by agents so if you call asking if you're in IP2 they may not understand

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I would encourage applicants to take these IP1/IP2/NA1...etc with a grain of salt.
I submitted my application and immediately got "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Even before passing medicals...
Maybe I'm wrong of course, but just doesn't seem to make much sense for now as far as I'm concerned.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
At which stage we will be able to know that proof of funds are accepted and they have moved forward for further processing.
Unfortunately there's no way to know for sure until you receive PPR. The various stages don't always correspond exactly to what's happening with your application, and it's possible to receive ADR at any time. Usually if you make it to IP2 you're doing well, although some folks go straight into IP2 and others get PPR while still in IP1, so it's hard to say.

Reactions: miggy24 and ManRon

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Unfortunately there's no way to know for sure until you receive PPR. The various stages don't always correspond exactly to what's happening with your application, and it's possible to receive ADR at any time. Usually if you make it to IP2 you're doing well, although some folks go straight into IP2 and others get PPR while still in IP1, so it's hard to say.
You can order GCMS notes, it will be clearly mentioned whether POF is accepted or not (assuming Eligibility stage is complete).

Reactions: sanyaak

Aryan1386

Oct 23, 2018
Just called CIC and got to know that our profile is at Nova Scotia Sydney VO, currently in IP2 (from 15th Oct) any predictions on IP2 to PPR if profile in Nova Scotia.

Yemidd

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Just called CIC and got to know that our profile is at Nova Scotia Sydney VO, currently in IP2 (from 15th Oct) any predictions on IP2 to PPR if profile in Nova Scotia.
Have you passed medicals and are you required to give biometrics?

Reactions: bpc

truewind793

Oct 15, 2018
I submitted and got my AOR on Oct 5th 2018. At first it says BG will be processed soon. Then it went to BG is Processing while my Med was N/A. After 30 days, my Meds were passed and they asked for Biometrics on the same day. I completed Bio the next day and my case updated instantly. been 14 days since then. What stage am i in???

Stephy03

Sep 24, 2018
Aug 1 - sent application via Canada Post Xpress
Aug 3 - received at Sydney, Nova Scotia
Nov 23- ECAS and GCKEY linked - BGC is processing
Nov 27- AOR email & biometric requested and completed
Nov 28- SA on ECAS

No medical or transfer to office ??

Jun 5, 2018
Kelowna
General:
EE
- Express Entry: Canada's score-based program for economic immigrants
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System: System for ranking candidates for EE
ITA - Invitation to Apply: an invitation to apply for permanent residence
e-APR - electronic Application for Permanent Residence: the online application for PR after receiving an ITA
RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee: a fee collected as part of your PR application
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt (of application): email confirming receipt of your application after you submit and pay your fees
ADR - Additional Document Request: IRCC sends a message asking you to provide a specific document to supplement your application.

Post-submission stages:
NA1
- "Not Applicable" 1: Background check says "Not Applicable", usually right after submission.
MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from "You do not need a medical exam." to "You have passed the medical exam."
IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially inland and CEC) skip this stage.
NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed.
IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
NA3 - "Not Applicable" 3: Background check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP2 (uncommon)
Ghost update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.
PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends "Ready for visa" e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable.
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you've been approved for permanent residence.

These are not "official" stages, but they are used frequently throughout the forum to track processing of applications.
SO helpful, thank you @northern sunshine ! :)

Badri12

Aug 14, 2018
I would encourage applicants to take these IP1/IP2/NA1...etc with a grain of salt.
I submitted my application and immediately got "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Even before passing medicals...
Maybe I'm wrong of course, but just doesn't seem to make much sense for now as far as I'm concerned.
Hi peacekeeper,

I'm in a similar situation of yours. Could you please let me know when you got your ppr/copr?

Reactions: Donsteve14