+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Stages + What They Mean (MEP, IP1, IP2, Ghost Update...) - Version 2019

ashfaaqs

Oct 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
Inland CEC Applicant

File Submitted 22 February 2021
AOR: 22 February 2021
Biometrics and RMCP request: 10 March 2021
Biometrics done on 10 March 2021
RCMP submitted: 29 March 2021

May 27 - no update yet
Called CIC: File is in Vancouver office.

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
March 10, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
April 6, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
March 10, 2021 Completed.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Neha111

Jun 4, 2021
Pls answer me I m in ip2 staze but still mep is not passed yet and my process bar show estimated time is Dec pls suggest me when my por cm

miucchi

Aug 11, 2021
Hi. I just want to ask about my application. My husband and I applied from Japan. He is a Japanese, I'm a non-Japanese. He applied for an employer specific work permit, while an open work permit for me. We applied on July 14. His application got approved on August 5. Mine is still processing. May I ask for an idea how long it will take for mine to have a decision? Here's what I see in the IRCC account.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results: July 23, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: July 20, 2021 Completed.
  • Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

nkbk

Aug 21, 2021
Thanks again, any idea as to how long Real IP 1 lasts before
My review of eligibility was started on July 27, 2021. Today(21-08-2021) It is showing, we will send you a message when we start your eligibility review.
Applied for Student Visa(SDS CATEGORY)
File lodged on July 8th, 2021.
biometrics on July 15th and updated on the same day.
medicals updated on august 6th, 2021
Earlier, Review started on July 27th, 2021, today(21-08-2021) it is showing we will send you a message.
Does anybody know what's happening with my application process?

ashfaaqs

Oct 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
APPROVED!!!!

Timeline: 2021
22 Feb: Application submitted
22 Feb: AOR
10 Mar: RMCP request
6 Apr: RMCP Submitted

NO UPDATE UNTIL NOV 2

Nov 2: Email from IRCC: We're still working on your application (thought it's a glitch)
Nov 2: Review of additional documents changed to NOT APPLICABLE
Nov 3: Ghost Update (Application/Profile Updated)
Nov 4: IRCC - Approved + Email sent to IRCC to confirm details for the portal
Nov 5: Portal email with credentials received

Initial VO: Vancouver
Approved at: Calgary

Tosin247

Nov 9, 2021
I APPLY FOR STUDY PERMIT FROM INDONESIA

Confirmation of Online Application Transmission October 11, 2021
Submission Confirmation October 12, 2021

I got 2 Ghost Update and Nothing as being change since when i apply..Please anybody with an ideal

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

isucra

Dec 1, 2021
IRCC has introduced a number of changes in recent months and it is time to update our understanding of the post-AOR stages. I am simply building on the amazing work of @northern sunshine in developing an explanation of the various stages we can use - informally - to track the progress of our application. Huge thanks in particular to @USProgrammer who has posited the underlying trends and found evidence for them. In short, the traditional transition from IP1 to IP2 to ghost update to PPR still holds but in a modified way due to these changes.

From 31 Dec 2018
, everyone except for Inland candidates has to provide their biometrics which means the default starting stage applicants will see for their Background Check is ‘IP2’ (“We are processing your background check…”), however, this is a ‘False IP2’, meaning an IP2 that has appeared before it is actually due as the application has not in fact progressed to the IP2 stage yet.

If you have an AOR of 31 Dec 2018 or later, follow the chart below to track your progress. Candidates will remain in a state of 'False IP2' throughout their application and only see a series of 'ghost updates' following their MEP; the first such ghost update (which should follow shortly after MEP) will signify your Real IP1, the second ghost update will signify your Real IP2, and the third will be your ‘Final’ Ghost Update, following which you are likely to receive your PPR.

If you have an AOR date of up to 30 Dec 2018, the chart also applies to you if you meet one or more of these conditions: you are a CEC or PNP-Inland candidate, you were required to provide your biometrics or you did not pay your RPRF upfront.

Note for FSW-Outland candidates who have an AOR date of up to 30 Dec 2018: If you did not need to provide biometrics and paid your RPRF upfront, the old transition from NA1 all the way to a Final Ghost Update will still apply to you. Your Background Check should have started in NA1 ("Not Applicable" 1), meaning your Background Check status said "Not Applicable" right after you submitted your application.

General:
EE
- Express Entry: Canada's score-based program for economic immigrants
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System: System for ranking candidates for EE
ITA - Invitation to Apply: an invitation to apply for permanent residence
e-APR - electronic Application for Permanent Residence: the online application for PR after receiving an ITA
RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee: a fee collected as part of your PR application
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt (of application): email confirming receipt of your application after you submit and pay your fees
ADR - Additional Document Request: IRCC sends a message asking you to provide a specific document to supplement your application.

Post-submission stages:
False IP2
- Usually right from AOR or just after MEP. Background Check shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.”
MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from "You do not need a medical exam." to "You have passed the medical exam." There is no email for MEP.
Ghost Update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being "submitted". Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them.
Ghost Update #1 or Real IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background Check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially Inland and CEC) skip this stage. You should receive an email for your Real IP1 - the email will not provide any details, just that your application has been updated.
NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed. No email.
Ghost Update #2 or Real IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background Check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." No email.
NA3 - "Not Applicable" 3: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP2 (uncommon).
Ghost Update #3 or Final Ghost Update - Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.
PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends "Ready for visa" e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable. A PPR is announced only by email, and there may be no changes made directly to the profile. If you are worried you might miss it, you can whitelist the email domain @cic.gc.ca to ensure the email comes straight to your inbox.
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you've been approved for permanent residence.

Other notes:
1. The ‘eligibility’ and ‘final decision’ fields in your profile will not change to passed until after you receive your CoPR. This is an example of what a profile may look like following a CoPR.
2. Remember that these are not "official" stages, but they are used frequently throughout the forum to track the processing of applications.

This is a combined effort of @northern sunshine, @USProgrammer and myself. Please share your feedback - it is likely we have missed a few things!
Hi guys! I’ve been reading a lot in this thread. I came commenting if anyone experienced the same thing.

It’s wondering why is that, I passed my medicals to you don’t need a medical for the 3rd time.
Application: CEC inland PR
Submitted: July 12 2021
Medical Passed: August 11
ADR: Nov 16 (ex partner doc)
ADR: Nov 30 (Proof of Separation)
Medical Change to: you don’t need a medical exam
ADR: Dec 09 (Review ADR)
Medicals: Passed on Dec 23, then changes to you don’t need medical exam on the same day
Medicals: January 04, passed
Medicals: January 05,2022 changes again to you don’t need a medica exam

again, got a ghost update couple of hours (Same day January 05,2022) but nothing has changed. It only says application updated.

Does anyone has the same experience who recieved their copr? I’m nearly reaching 6months processing times in a week. Is this a good sign? Please share your thoughts. Thank you

isucra

Dec 1, 2021
You're too early in...
Your bg status will change once you clear medicals.
Hi guys! I’ve been reading a lot in this thread. I came commenting if anyone experienced the same thing.

It’s wondering why is that, I passed my medicals to you don’t need a medical for the 3rd time.
Medicals: Passed on Dec 23, then changes to you don’t need medical exam on the same day

again, got a ghost update couple of hours (Same day January 05,2022) but nothing has changed. It only says application updated.

Does anyone has the same experience who recieved their copr? I’m nearly reaching 6months processing times in a week. Is this a good sign? Please share your thoughts. Thank you

isucra

Dec 1, 2021

isucra

Dec 1, 2021
Inland CEC Applicant

File Submitted 22 February 2021
AOR: 22 February 2021
Biometrics and RMCP request: 10 March 2021
Biometrics done on 10 March 2021
RCMP submitted: 29 March 2021

May 27 - no update yet
Called CIC: File is in Vancouver office.

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
March 10, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
April 6, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
March 10, 2021 Completed.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi did you get your PR? How long have you waited?

Daas13

Dec 30, 2021
I MADE THIS CHART
Hi I know I am posting too late but I m in bit confusion as my case is complex
AOR - May 7th 2021
They asked imm5406 on 9th June and submitted same day
BIL -11 th June and done on 15th June they updated biometric same day
MEP - 11th june
ADR - they asked additional documents on 25th oct 2021 and gave time only for 7 days but I submitted on 28th Oct within 3 days
ADR- they asked PFL regarding my NOC code which I entered wrong by one digit
Ghost update - on Sunday 23rd jan 2022 I see ghost update 3rd time (Please note my sister is also following up my case And she saw second ghost update on 24th oct before they asked me Additional documents) and in ADR it’s changed from we are reviewing documents you provided on 28th oct to Not Applicable
Next day on 24th Jan 2022 I received a new request for additional documents and they asked for A SET OF FINGERPRINTS FOR RCMP
They never asked for PCC and in BG it’s saying we are processing your application
Above is the status on my online account but following is story that what ircc agent told me on phone
On 20 Jan I called them and asked the status they said criminality and medical passed, security check not started and eligibility review is under process
After do my fingerprints with RCMP( still waiting for final report to come it takes 10-15 days come to your address through Canada standard post) I called ircc then agent told me totally different story he told mefical passed security screening completed and BG and eligibility review is under process because my criminality not completed.and he also mentioned that I m on final step.
While submitting my documents I did Indian pcc and Canadian pcc (RCMP done by name not with fingerprints) my question is m I close to golden email or I still have to wait?

Enenu

Jun 24, 2021
Please, anyone that can help.
I got ADR before bil and MEP. It is almost a month now and no update.

I'm worried, it it normal? I was told bil and MEP come a day or two after ADR is submitted

Syed Areeb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
Please, anyone that can help.
I got ADR before bil and MEP. It is almost a month now and no update.

I'm worried, it it normal? I was told bil and MEP come a day or two after ADR is submitted
No need to worry relax