+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Stages + What They Mean (MEP, IP1, IP2, Ghost Update...) - Version 2019

Mar 11, 2020
Hello everyone.

ITA- JAN 21
AOR- FEB 17
BIL/MEDICAL PASS -MARCH 3
BIO DONE - MARCH 3
CALLED IRCC - MARCH 11 (CRIMINALITY PASSED)
APPLICATION/UPDATED - MARCH 18 (BUT I DONT SEE ANY CHANGE)

What's this update is about?!

AndujarMichala

Jul 29, 2020
Hello everyone,

I got a second ghost update and my background check says
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
I sent in a webform a couple of days ago, and they sent me an email saying your file is pending to be reviewed by an officer for an eligibility decision. I applied in December 2019. So I am wondering if there is any truth to this ghost update thing if they haven't even begun my background check... my VO is Mexico.

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Hello everyone.

ITA- JAN 21
AOR- FEB 17
BIL/MEDICAL PASS -MARCH 3
BIO DONE - MARCH 3
CALLED IRCC - MARCH 11 (CRIMINALITY PASSED)
APPLICATION/UPDATED - MARCH 18 (BUT I DONT SEE ANY CHANGE)

What's this update is about?!
What does your background status show?
Are you FSW O??

ashar0382

Feb 14, 2021
what is the ideal time to call IRCC for status check on application.
My medical and BIL was completed on Mar 16. and status shows: "we are processing your application"

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
CEC inland
ITA - Jan 21, 2021
AOR - March 16, 2021
Medical passed: March 26, 2021
BIL passed: March 30, 2021

izzyhu1106

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I saw some people say that a GU on a weekend is just a system glitch, not indicating a movement in application behind scenes.
I've got two GUs on weekends and one on a weekday. The first one came on a sunday with an Email saying application updated and the rest didn't come along with Emails and I found them when I checking my profile randomly.
I guess all are just system glitches because before I got the GUs, I always ran into problems into getting in my application details page.

Alley1

Jul 13, 2020
Please I need some clarity on this....I just got a ghost update and my medicals changed from passed to "you do not need a medical exam, we will send you a message if this changes" should I be worried? New Medical was done in Nov cos the first had expired.

4eva

May 18, 2021
Hi everyone, please I need a professional advise.

I already have a bsc in electronics and computer, this was not my dream career so after working in an I.T. firm for a year, I went of to volunteer in a hospital, assisting doctors and nurses doing little healthcare roles that does not really need professional hands. Now I applied to a school in Canada for a bsc nursing degree but I was given an alternate offer called honors science degree a 4year program and the admissions team told me that i will have the opportunity to transfer to the nursing department after my first year in school. So I applied for my study permit, and in my SOP explained all these and my passion and career goals in the health sector , but my application was refused based on purpose of visit. I am so confused now because I want to reapply to ircc.

Some people said I should reapply using same purpose of visit, in other to maintain consistency in my applications

While some people said I should go for masters, in a program that combines health and technology for instance biomedical engineering, since I did technology in my first bsc and has also worked in a hospital . In that way I will be maintaining academic progression and also my passion for healthcare as I early mentioned in my first application to ircc.

Please which advise should I take? How do ircc view cases like this. Honestly I really want to do a healthcare program.

cristiadu

May 21, 2021
CEC inland (I think, as I use a representative and barely have any update feedback on my application from them, but I live in Canada with a work permit already, I think this is correct, right?)

ITA - Sep 30, 2020
AOR - Dec 24, 2020
MEP - Jan 28, 2021
BIL - Feb 4, 2021

Apparently still in background check for some reason (I called the automated system to check my status), not sure how many ghosts updates as I don't receive the emails myself, but from the representative of the company I work for. I regret immensely using a representative, though. Wouldn't recommend.

Am I screwed? Is there a way for me to know how close I am from the CoPR? (I'm going to guess "no" is the answer, but hey, a man can be hopeful, right).

This is being such a pain, I was supposed to have my application by November but they took longer even to fill in forms, and still put the wrong values and I had to notify them before sending. I was even worried my application was wrong and rejected, as I cannot see my status through any other means but the lawyers and the phone number (the online system doesn't find my application for some reason).

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
CEC inland (I think, as I use a representative and barely have any update feedback on my application from them, but I live in Canada with a work permit already, I think this is correct, right?)

ITA - Sep 30, 2020
AOR - Dec 24, 2020
MEP - Jan 28, 2021
BIL - Feb 4, 2021

Apparently still in background check for some reason (I called the automated system to check my status), not sure how many ghosts updates as I don't receive the emails myself, but from the representative of the company I work for. I regret immensely using a representative, though. Wouldn't recommend.

Am I screwed? Is there a way for me to know how close I am from the CoPR? (I'm going to guess "no" is the answer, but hey, a man can be hopeful, right).

This is being such a pain, I was supposed to have my application by November but they took longer even to fill in forms, and still put the wrong values and I had to notify them before sending. I was even worried my application was wrong and rejected, as I cannot see my status through any other means but the lawyers and the phone number (the online system doesn't find my application for some reason).
How do you check your status with the automated system?

cristiadu

May 21, 2021
How do you check your status with the automated system?
Calling 1-888-242-2100 (from within Canada only). You'll give the info (Application Number, UCI and Year of Birth) and they'll say the status. It's a very annoying automated menu but it's something.