+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEP, IP1, IP2, etc: Application stages and what they mean

denisdiaf

Nov 28, 2020
Not sure when and how we will be able to complete the entire process. It looks like dead slow at this moment.
I have MEP and biometrics passed since 20/11 and nothing ever since.
I don’t know what’s going on to be honest with you.
thank God they gave me a bridge work permit and I can work right now.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
I have MEP and biometrics passed since 20/11 and nothing ever since.
I don’t know what’s going on to be honest with you.
thank God they gave me a bridge work permit and I can work right now.
I am FSW-O candidate. Can I also apply for Bridge work permit ?

Harman221

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
General:
EE
- Express Entry: Canada's score-based program for economic immigrants
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System: System for ranking candidates for EE
ITA - Invitation to Apply: an invitation to apply for permanent residence
e-APR - electronic Application for Permanent Residence: the online application for PR after receiving an ITA
RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee: a fee collected as part of your PR application
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt (of application): email confirming receipt of your application after you submit and pay your fees
ADR - Additional Document Request: IRCC sends a message asking you to provide a specific document to supplement your application.

Post-submission stages:
NA1
- "Not Applicable" 1: Background check says "Not Applicable", usually right after submission.
MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from "You do not need a medical exam." to "You have passed the medical exam."
IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially inland and CEC) skip this stage.
NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed.
IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
NA3 - "Not Applicable" 3: Background check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP2 (uncommon)
Ghost update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.
PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends "Ready for visa" e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable.
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you've been approved for permanent residence.

These are not "official" stages, but they are used frequently throughout the forum to track processing of applications.
So can I consider the below email as my AOR?

PR Portal (PR application) - Your Permanent Residence application has been successfully submitted | Portail de RP (demande de RP) – votre demande de résidence permanente a été soumise avec succès (PR Portal (PR application) - Your Permanent Residence application has been successfully submitted | PR Portal (PR Application) – your application for permanent residence has been successfully submitted)

Tue, 18 Apr, 13:32 (7 days ago)

(The French version follows the English version…)
This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.
Hello,
This email confirms that you have successfully submitted your permanent residence application.
We'll review your application to make sure you:

• provided all of the information we asked for
  • uploaded all required documents correctly
  • paid the fees

We'll send you a confirmation email (an acknowledgment of receipt or AOR) once an agent has confirmed your application is complete.
Please note that we'll return your application to you if it is incomplete.
It can take some time before you receive the AOR.
Check your email regularly to see if you've received it. To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder.
Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

KIKI@KIKI

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
Hi everyone, I am new to this thread. My background check just changed to "Not Applicable" Should I be worried about this or is it a good sigh that my application is moving?

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
So can I consider the below email as my AOR?

PR Portal (PR application) - Your Permanent Residence application has been successfully submitted | Portail de RP (demande de RP) – votre demande de résidence permanente a été soumise avec succès (PR Portal (PR application) - Your Permanent Residence application has been successfully submitted | PR Portal (PR Application) – your application for permanent residence has been successfully submitted)

Tue, 18 Apr, 13:32 (7 days ago)

(The French version follows the English version…)
This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.
Hello,
This email confirms that you have successfully submitted your permanent residence application.
We'll review your application to make sure you:

• provided all of the information we asked for
  • uploaded all required documents correctly
  • paid the fees

We'll send you a confirmation email (an acknowledgment of receipt or AOR) once an agent has confirmed your application is complete.
Please note that we'll return your application to you if it is incomplete.
It can take some time before you receive the AOR.
Check your email regularly to see if you've received it. To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder.
Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
No. This is just a submission receipt. The email states:
"We'll send you a confirmation email (an acknowledgment of receipt or AOR) once an agent has confirmed your application is complete."

Poetryinvain

Aug 11, 2019
Hi everyone, I am new to this thread. My background check just changed to "Not Applicable" Should I be worried about this or is it a good sigh that my application is moving?
Any movement on this? Mine changed to NA in May the same day the medical exam was requested.

hoangnguyen864

Star Member
Apr 21, 2023
My profile is like this. and received like this. Haven't received any emails for the past 3 months

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 13, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 13, 2022.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 27, 2022.
  4. We started processing your application on September 20, 2022.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on December 15, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you correspondence on June 9, 2023. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Hello,
We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify
to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These
services are only available to you before you enter Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider
organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend
that you use pre-arrival services. They can help you to:
• Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada;
• Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates
recognized in Canada;
• Connect with employers; and
• Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including
language training, after you arrive in Canada.
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • December 23, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We have received the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.