+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEP, IP1, IP2, etc: Application stages and what they mean

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
How much is the general processing time from IP2 to PPR or COPR
So-called IP2 status "We are processing your background check" doesn't hold value in determining at which stage your application is.
How much time it will take for PPR depends on dozens of variables specific to each and every case, and nobody can tell you when you'll receive it.
The only reliable information is that it takes 6 months to process your application, assuming everything is fine with your application. If some elements need further review and scrutiny, it may take longer. Especially if there are security concerns.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
New
hello sir
i want to know that how can i know about my updated status of express entry file
i have submitted my file on October 17th,2018 and it is showing the following results
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
  • You passed the medical exam.
  • We do not need additional documents
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
what does it mean? how can i know about the status and it also shows remaining days on the graph which are 36. but after medical i still do not get any updation from last 3 months .
please help me to find out some way
It's normal to not get any update after medicals, because the statuses don't really show where your application is.
You can order GCMS notes for more detail.
Your application is still in normal processing times. Most of the progress is done towards the end of the 6 months window. You still haven't even crossed the 5 months mark. Still some time to go.

mprogams

Feb 11, 2018
I am in the same situation.
I went through Campbell Cohen law firm who advised me to obtain all my documents in advance of the E-APR submission.
To avoid any delays, I paid all fees and submitted my bio-metrics and police clearance reports without prompting from IRCC.
My E-APR was submitted on September 8 2018.
There was nothing missing from my application and I have not received any request for additional documents.

I meet all eligibility requirements, however during my EE application the lawyer hurriedly submitted my application. I might have gotten a few work dates incorrect and not listed a Job because i was still trying to obtain job letters at this time.

The dates were corrected to match my job letters and i included for the one job that was left out when i submitted the E-APR application,

My lawyer sent me a screen shot in December 2018 showing the following status:
Review of Eligibility - We are reviewing weather you meet eligibility requirements
Review of medical results - You passed the Medical
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Bio-metrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
Final Decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am now over the six months and no word, I am not sure if my application was denied.
I plan on waiting until the end of the month and cancel the application i there is no update.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
I went through Campbell Cohen law firm who advised me to obtain all my documents in advance of the E-APR submission.
To avoid any delays, I paid all fees and submitted my bio-metrics and police clearance reports without prompting from IRCC.
There was nothing missing from my application and I have not received any request for additional documents.

I meet all eligibility requirements, however during my EE application the lawyer hurriedly submitted my application. I might have gotten a few work dates incorrect and not listed a Job because i was still trying to obtain job letters at this time.

The dates were corrected to match my job letters and i included for the one job that was left out when i submitted the E-APR application,

Review of Eligibility - We are reviewing weather you meet eligibility requirements
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Bio-metrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
Final Decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am now over the six months and no word, I am not sure if my application was denied.
I plan on waiting until the end of the month and cancel the application i there is no update.

Apply for GCMS notes and see for yourself where your application stands. Get it independently from your rep. so that you can hold him accountable if his crookedness is the reason for your delay.

ramkimca

Aug 15, 2017
Agree. I also got ""We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Just after I submitted my application. Waiting to see when they give the Medical Passed Status.
I also see the same message two days after I received AOR. When did you see the next status update?

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018
I also see the same message two days after I received AOR. When did you see the next status update?
There was never a status change after that until today. Medical passed, Biometrics completed, and the progress bar keeps moving. I never witnessed a "ghost update" or any other change. But file was transfterred to Ottawa from Sydney on march 21st - Criminality passed and Eligibility and security not started. The Call Centre agent pretty much predicted I wont be seeing any change in my online profile Until I get PPR mail and that's totally normal. So I am sticking to it and Just doing the Waiting game. o_O

ramkimca

Aug 15, 2017
There was never a status change after that until today. Medical passed, Biometrics completed, and the progress bar keeps moving. I never witnessed a "ghost update" or any other change. But file was transfterred to Ottawa from Sydney on march 21st - Criminality passed and Eligibility and security not started. The Call Centre agent pretty much predicted I wont be seeing any change in my online profile Until I get PPR mail and that's totally normal. So I am sticking to it and Just doing the Waiting game. o_O
Thanks for your quick response. Could you share the timeline of status change after you received AOR? When did you get Biometrics letter after AOR? Did you apply through CEC or any other category?

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for your quick response. Could you share the timeline of status change after you received AOR? When did you get Biometrics letter after AOR? Did you apply through CEC or any other category?
I got the BIL along with MEP on March 1st, although Submitted Biometrics on 6th March. I have Shared Time line in Signature, Also have shared the link of my case in Myimmitracker. Hope that helps. If you have passed 90 days from your AOR, try IRCC Call centre, Its totally ok and thats what I did too because its frustrating to see no Status update in Profile... Which is the new normal after Biometrics intergration:D

ramkimca

Aug 15, 2017
I got the BIL along with MEP on March 1st, although Submitted Biometrics on 6th March. I have Shared Time line in Signature, Also have shared the link of my case in Myimmitracker. Hope that helps. If you have passed 90 days from your AOR, try IRCC Call centre, Its totally ok and thats what I did too because its frustrating to see no Status update in Profile... Which is the new normal after Biometrics intergration:D
Thank you so much. That's quite informative.

PNP@EE

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
22/12/2018
AOR Received.
21/02/2019
Med's Request
22/04/2019 BIL done
Med's Done....
16/04/2019 passed
Hello friends.
UPDATE on information above,
1st profile/application updated apr 11
2nd profile/application updated Apr 16 ( MEDS AND BIL)
3rd profile/application updated May 22 (Morning) (90 days completed) no email notification
4th profile/application updated May 22 (Evening) no email notification

5th update May 23 with email notifications

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along. ( NEW LINES ADDED TODAY)

ANY idea what it might be , Pls suggestions

Thanks

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hello friends.
UPDATE on information above,
1st profile/application updated apr 11
2nd profile/application updated Apr 16 ( MEDS AND BIL)
3rd profile/application updated May 22 (Morning) (90 days completed) no email notification
4th profile/application updated May 22 (Evening) no email notification

5th update May 23 with email notifications

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along. ( NEW LINES ADDED TODAY)

ANY idea what it might be , Pls suggestions

Thanks
Please refer to the updated version of this post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/

Things have changed a lot since I went though the process!

PNP@EE

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
22/12/2018
AOR Received.
21/02/2019
Med's Request
22/04/2019 BIL done
Med's Done....
16/04/2019 passed

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018

Hi , any update on your application? Do you know when will the NOC be reviewed, at what stage ?

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
General:
EE
- Express Entry: Canada's score-based program for economic immigrants
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System: System for ranking candidates for EE
ITA - Invitation to Apply: an invitation to apply for permanent residence
e-APR - electronic Application for Permanent Residence: the online application for PR after receiving an ITA
RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee: a fee collected as part of your PR application
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt (of application): email confirming receipt of your application after you submit and pay your fees
ADR - Additional Document Request: IRCC sends a message asking you to provide a specific document to supplement your application.

Post-submission stages:
NA1
- "Not Applicable" 1: Background check says "Not Applicable", usually right after submission.
MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from "You do not need a medical exam." to "You have passed the medical exam."
IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially inland and CEC) skip this stage.
NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed.
IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
NA3 - "Not Applicable" 3: Background check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP2 (uncommon)
Ghost update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.
PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends "Ready for visa" e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable.
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you've been approved for permanent residence.

These are not "official" stages, but they are used frequently throughout the forum to track processing of applications.
Biometric letter comes in which stage?Whats the approx time to get ppr after biometrics?Thanks