+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The current oil crisis has hit hard. It is literally very hard to fit into the market here in Alberta as well. I know most of the International Students have had a different opinion related to Alberta + Oil & Gas regarding jobs. There have been major lay offs in the past few months and its not getting better anytime soon. People are working overtime without pay just to stick to there jobs. Companies which are more midstream (Trans Canada ... etc) are still managing to fit in projects as they dont have a major profit cut.

But anyhow, things will get better soon. Hopefully.

Jhenall

Jan 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a_a_d said:
The current oil crisis has hit hard. It is literally very hard to fit into the market here in Alberta as well. I know most of the International Students have had a different opinion related to Alberta + Oil & Gas regarding jobs. There have been major lay offs in the past few months and its not getting better anytime soon. People are working overtime without pay just to stick to there jobs. Companies which are more midstream (Trans Canada ... etc) are still managing to fit in projects as they dont have a major profit cut.

But anyhow, things will get better soon. Hopefully.

I sent you an email seeking guidance. I applied for sept intake for MA in Environmental policy at MUN. Can you give me the prospects of jobs in that field?

sakshamamb

May 17, 2015
Hello,
I am looking to apply at Memorial University, M.eng in Mechanical Engineering (Thesis based)
Currently I am doing B.tech in Mechanical at YMCAUST, Faridabad, India. with 65%. The course will end on May,2017 and I am looking forward to join Memorial in Fall 2017.
I want to know when I should apply for this and how to increase my chances of getting selected at Memorial?
Also please tell me how and when to find a faculty supervisor for my masters degree?

Ahmed Essam

May 28, 2015
Hey all,
Hope u r well ..

Anyone one here finished graduate diploma of risk and safety engineering or a current student ??

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
My application status still says: Application Complete for Fall 2015 entrance semester.

Should I be worried?

I applied to MASc Oil and Gas Engineering-Internship route.

Who else is still waiting to hear from memorial university for fall 2015?

Jhenall

Jan 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got an acceptance letter in early May. You should probably try contacting them because you still need time to apply for your study permit.

sam_eer

May 5, 2015
UReginahopeful said:
My application status still says: Application Complete for Fall 2015 entrance semester.

Should I be worried?

I applied to MASc Oil and Gas Engineering-Internship route.

Who else is still waiting to hear from memorial university for fall 2015?
Pls contact the university asap as you need buffer time to get visa.

sam_eer

May 5, 2015
a_a_d said:
Hi Everyone!
Im sorry I havent been able to follow up the thread. If you have any queries let me know. If I dont check the forum I regularly check my email. ali.a.dawood @ hotmail.com

Best of Luck!
Hi,
Learn that you graduated from MUN in Oil & Gas Engg. .. What are you pursuing currently? How soon is the job market likely to recover?

I got admit in the same for Sep'15 intake.

uhdisuhdis

Jul 27, 2015
Hi ppl,

I've 5yrs of experience in the field of Construction as Planning Engineer.
B.tech - Civil Engineering - 69%
PG - Construction Management - 7GPA
10th - 85.4%
+2 - 80.6%
Tried my luck with crs; which ended up at 348. No hopes on PR as far as the draws that are being announced in the recent past.
So, I'm planning to pursue MS/M.Eng in Civil Engineering in MUP.

How good is it to find part time jobs in St. Johns.?

Thanks in advance.

viky07234

May 31, 2015
Hey

Got admission in jan 2016 intake for graduate diploma in safety & risk engineering. Awaiting hard copy of acceptance letter.

Can anyone tell how many days a normal mail takes to reach India

.... anyone else going to MUN???

Sherry12

Sep 21, 2015
Hey,
I am interested in applying to MUN for masters in computer engineering but at some places I have read that the engineering program is not that great there. Please advise.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sherry12 said:
Hey,
I am interested in applying to MUN for masters in computer engineering but at some places I have read that the engineering program is not that great there. Please advise.
Thats not really true. There are students who have landed job in the best CS companies you can think of. Its all about how you cash yourself. Getting a degree from a high ranked uni does not guarantee a job. Also, you need to balance the amount you would spend on your degree and the job. You wont get an entry level paying you 150k a year. Not to discourage you but selecting a uni is a very critical step.

umar127

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there all

I got in memorial in MEM program. Embassy got me late and could not reach in time. Now when I asked for my deferral letter they told prog future is uncertain so no new deferrals......what to do now? what to give to embassy if they demand a new letter?

What about Letter of enrolment and would it work?

gfn

Sep 24, 2015
Dear All

PLS URGENT ATTENTION IS NEEDED.....

I am planning to apply at Memorial University for a MBA, but i've been seducted by its low tuition fee, but also have a lot of doubts, and i will like to ask you all your expereince in this University.

I know ALL Canadian Universities provide high quality educaction and a very global level, but in labour market, a graduate student from this University gets job offers as fast as others from other universities like University of Toronto, etc

After I graduate, is there any chance to get job at Newfoundland or should i consider relocating?

My spouse and my 2 kids will be coming with me, will my wife be able to find job while I am studying? Also can I find job due to the new changes in study permits off campus?

Are MBA in demand right now in Canada?

Thank you in advance for your replies.