App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Nomination.....
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
15-12-2014
19916 said:
Hi
I am filling the study permit visa application forms. I freeze at one place .. They are requiring Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number. Could u please tell me the number of our Memorial University of Newfoundland (St. jhon's campus)?
CIC have not updated DLI number of MUN yet on their website?
what should I do ? Can any one suggest me ..
Thanks
Check the website again. the is number is O19440995346 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-institutions-list.asp

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Friends, Need urgent help..Planning to apply in Memorial University for my wife. Below is her profile..please help us if she is eligible for Masters course in Mgmt sciences / env sciences, if not atleast any PG diploma courses in Mgmt sciences / env.
sciences. Tried reaching univ and they are nt giving full information.

B.Sc Biotech ( 3 yrs bachelors degree from India )

IELTS : 7 ( no band less than 6 )

Exp : Customer service executive for 5 yrs.

robinAcanada

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Hi.. i am also coming in jan15 for master of education...i would like to know...jobs available for students..or not...i hear umemployment is more in newfoundland...plz also tell living cost..

Nom

Sep 16, 2014
Hi,

I have been offered admission at Memorial University with Graduate Assistantship Award of $3000 for MA Political Science. Although I was expected to commence in Fall 2014, I deferred commencement to Winter 2015 to enable me access other sources of funding.

Although I am yet to access alternative funding, I am preparing to apply for study permit, but I am not too sure whether my savings are enough. Can some one tell me the minimum amount I should have in my account.

Are there any Nigerians who are studying at Memorial University?

ODUADO

Sep 28, 2014
a_a_d said:
Hey!
I came to Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) in January 2012 for my Masters in Oil & Gas Engineering. This forum helped me alot and Ive been out of touch for a couple of months now due to my studies and all (people who have managed to come to Canada must have an idea about it). Anyway, I would be glad to help anyone who wants to know something about MUN.

Tc. Cheers!
Best of Luck to everyone for their Visas! :)
pls i really nid sme information from you...im abt applyin to memorial university....pls kndly contact me....so i can ask u pls.....

Ash_jas

Oct 2, 2014
Hello,
I'm 16 years of age. a high school grad. Looking to attend Memorial during next years fall. which means I'll be seventeen. SO, since I'm under age can i still live off campus???

Ash_jas

Oct 2, 2014
Nom said:
Hi,

I have been offered admission at Memorial University with Graduate Assistantship Award of $3000 for MA Political Science. Although I was expected to commence in Fall 2014, I deferred commencement to Winter 2015 to enable me access other sources of funding.

Although I am yet to access alternative funding, I am preparing to apply for study permit, but I am not too sure whether my savings are enough. Can some one tell me the minimum amount I should have in my account.

Hey,
I'm a Nigerian looking to join fall 2015

M.Nomankhan

Nov 23, 2014
LION717 said:
I am b.com graduate so planning for MBA as MUN has lowest tuition fees and very affordable ;)

I feel its better to do master degree rather than spending for pg diploma in community colleges which is 3 times more than what canadian citizen pays and its hard to get job with pg certificate and with 1 year course we can only get 1 year wrk permit so chances of PR are slim to none.

Where as MUN is rank 18th in Canada and 549 all over the world so its better to do MBA just spending less $ and get 3 years open work permit and hence PR :)

However I too have some questions regarding visa chances, jobs, PR which I mentioned earlier any experts or student of MUN would be great if you guys put some light on this
@Lion717 are u currently studying in MUN??? I need some assistance... plz reply...

M.Nomankhan

Nov 23, 2014
a_a_d said:
Okay I'll just summarize everything here so that it answers all the questions:

1. Off-Campus Housing: You can easily get an off-campus place to live in at walking distance from MUN for around 400 CAD a month. Plus, even if you live a bit far from the university, the metro-bus routes here touch the University so you can take the bus. Its not that expensive at all. (I really dont think you will have a problem with respect to off-campus housing. Even the university website itself has off-campus living advertisements placed) And you can contact the International Student Office too for any difficulty. So that wont be a problem.

2. Climate: Well, its rated as the 2nd mildest city in Canada as far as climate is concerned :p (But Hold On!)! The weather here changes pretty often, you can sleep one night with a clear sky and wake up in the morning and look out the window to see everything covered in snow. :p But you get used to it eventually. And once you start spending time here, its fun to see the weather change so drastically.

3. Living Conditions: The living conditions are pretty good. Its a clean city with everything not too far. You can easily purchase stuff that you walk at walking distances. For Muslims, there is a Mosque and they have a bus that goes to the mosque from the university every friday for the prayers. Moreover, there is no issue of practicing your religion. They have a designated prayer room in the University too. And you can see flyers of various seminars of different religious topics from different societies. So its a pretty balanced life here and you wont have any issues. The attitude of the people here is by far the best I've seen. They are down right humble, friendly and you wont feel anything such as a racist comment or something.
PLz sir tell me about the Job market as I m applying for Msc HR or MBA Hr... I'll be thank full...

losangeles

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
File Transfer...
18-11-2014
a_a_d said:
Hey!
I came to Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) in January 2012 for my Masters in Oil & Gas Engineering. This forum helped me alot and Ive been out of touch for a couple of months now due to my studies and all (people who have managed to come to Canada must have an idea about it). Anyway, I would be glad to help anyone who wants to know something about MUN.

Tc. Cheers!
Best of Luck to everyone for their Visas! :)
Happy to hear that you are in MUN.

I applied at MUN for Fall, 2015 term in MEng in Electrical & Computer Engineering. You know MEng is thesis based program. To get admission, I must need a supervisor who will fund me.
Personally, I knocked many professors to take me as his student as supervisor. But no professor response my mail or communicate with me.

MUN will inform me about my admission decision early January, 2015. It means almost 1 month left. In this case, what can I do to ensure my admission? My BASc marks was 78%-81%.
If no professor recommended my application, I will automatically refused by SGS.

Please help me what should I do now?
Please reply, brother.

AboutAWeekAgo

Nov 12, 2014
Ali Nasikh said:
Hi All !!

I applied as transfer student to Memorial University and got the Offer Letter for the January 2014 Intake . My problem is I applied for Bachelors OF Engineering ( mechanical engineering ) but my Offer Letter came for Bachelors of Science . Does this mean I am not accepted in Bachelors Of Engineering ? They also didn't mention anything about my credit transfer . I have done my A-level with a grade B in all my three subject ( Maths , Physics , Chemistry ) , wont i get any free credits for this ?? Please help me .. Thank You
Hi i applied for the fall 2015 intake and got the same, i had applied for engineering one but got accepted to the Bachelors of Science instead. The engineering bit still says processing.

Like you i don't know if i have been accepted or nah. Will anyone care to shed some light on the issue? Help would be much appreciated , Thanks :)

pelubs

Dec 27, 2014
i applied for MA economics, pls i want to know about the total fee(tution fee, accomodation fee)...thanks

ahmedk

Dec 26, 2014
HI, I applied to memorial some years back but i didn't catch up with my application as i had exxams and other things going on.Now i got accepted by one of the universities in Canada but my I'm still interested in joining memorial.NOw my query is did anyone here transfer their credits from a university from UAE?Do you guys think i can transfer my credits.I'm doing computer engineering here in UAE.

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Applied for MA Political science (Internship Route) Fall (Sept)2015. All documents completed, yet to get any feedback. Pls how did you get the Graduate Assistantship Award of $3000?.

I am a Nigerian too. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,
T.

Nom said:
Hi,

Jhenall

Jan 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I applied for the MA in Environmental Policy on Nov 4, 2014...offered at the Grenfell Campus.

I haven't heard from them as yet. Any idea as to the timeline on being notified on their decision?