Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
I am looking for accommodation near MUN starting jan 2017

If has information, please let me know. Thanks

engrfarhan16

Nov 17, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Jeddah
Dear a_a_d in which Masters did you apply for? Is it for Master of Applied Science in Oil and Gas or Master with PhD in Oil and Gas?

truedemon

Feb 10, 2017
Shoeb1337 said:
Hey guys. I'm a prospective applicant for Fall 2017 for undergraduate. I'm planning to study Computer Science at MUN. Can anyone tell me how is CS at MUN? It looks okay to me but I'd like to hear someone who's already into MUN or knows a thing or two.

Thanks.
Hii Shoeb, I too applied for the same course for fall 2017 for undergraduate. I got accepted but now waiting to file my visa applicaiton. WBU?

philus

Oct 14, 2016
Hi a_a_d,

You are doing great thing by paying back - thanks. I'm also at SFU and felt like visiting the site occasionally to answer questions that could help someone.

I was just thinking if I could get some information regarding MSc in Education in your uni - for someone (from Africa) with a BSc that doesn't meet the minimim but with a good second degree and lots of work experience. If possible, do you have any info regarding grade conversion -as I know universities here in Canada typically do conversion - e.g 70% in the UK system is distinction there but its more or less an average score here :-(. More specifically, 70% in the UK is A whereas at least here in SFU its B- or so...

Thanks.

Premi

Feb 11, 2017
a_a_d said:
Hey!
I came to Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) in January 2012 for my Masters in Oil & Gas Engineering. This forum helped me alot and Ive been out of touch for a couple of months now due to my studies and all (people who have managed to come to Canada must have an idea about it). Anyway, I would be glad to help anyone who wants to know something about MUN.

Hi, my name is Precious and its been my dream to further my studies in memorial. I studied electrical engineering in Nigeria. I really need to apply, but I don't know how to go about it...can you advise me in any way? I'd really appreciate. Thanks.
Tc. Cheers!
Best of Luck to everyone for their Visas! :)

adilmunir1

Feb 15, 2017
a_a_d said:
Sorry Fellas,
I was busy with in my research and exams so couldnt keep myself updated with the forum. Drop in if I can be of any help. :)
hi a_a_d

i have done mechanical engineering from National University Of Sciences And technology and i want to do masters in oil and gas from Memorial University i need some information if you can help me out as i have seen your profile you are an oil and gas graduate too

best regards
Adil Munir

chmscrbbrfck

Feb 22, 2017
Hi all,
How hard is it to get into the MSc - Computer Science program of MUN?

These are my credentials
Bachelors Degree in IT (Philippines) - 1.826 - 88-90%
IELTS - 7.0
Work Experience - 6 years relevant to the study..

My problem is my degree is only equivalent to Canadian diploma when I had it assessed by WES-ECA, though ECA is not required in the admissions, I have an impression that MUN will have the same assessment (fingers crossed).. so does MUN considers work experience for this program (MSc Computer Science)? and what are my chances of getting in the program?

Bukkyrachael

Mar 2, 2017
Re: Memorial University of Newfoundland . Hi, I will like to ask if you were abl

timmituyi said:
Hello All,

Please i need your candid advice on my intended application to MUN. I am a Nigerian with over 6years of work experience and almost 2years being a System Analyst in my current place of work. I will like to apply for Computational Studies with a specialization in Msc Computer Science in MUN but i need to confirm if they will accept a second class lower degree in Bsc Computer Science with just few point away from 2.1. Also i intend to go for the Msc Co-op not the Thesis. Do I need a supervisor for the Msc Project (Co-op)program?

Please what are my chances of being admitted into the school considering my result and I am also in my early 30's. All adivice all be appreciated.

Best Regards
Timi

SANTU_007

Apr 13, 2017
Hmm Well , Hi guys and I'm a newbie here , BTW i've got an admit offer into MUN OIL and GAS,MASC for this fall and I have few doubts that are to be clarified---
1.How is St.Johns's,NL weather?
2.Monthly expenditure for an international student on and off campus?
3.Could I happily integrate with the local people without the fear of getting discriminated so that I could learn and get to know about their culture?
4.Jobs in the field of OIL/GAS?
and Finally
5.How may hours of class should one attend per week according to the schedule?
Thanks in advance for the reply :)

truedemon

Feb 10, 2017
SANTU_007 said:
Hmm Well , Hi guys and I'm a newbie here , BTW i've got an admit offer into MUN OIL and GAS,MASC for this fall and I have few doubts that are to be clarified---
1.How is St.Johns's,NL weather?
2.Monthly expenditure for an international student on and off campus?
3.Could I happily integrate with the local people without the fear of getting discriminated so that I could learn and get to know about their culture?
4.Jobs in the field of OIL/GAS?
and Finally
5.How may hours of class should one attend per week according to the schedule?
Thanks in advance for the reply :)
Hii Santu,
I also got an admit offer in MUN for this fall but for UG in cse, I am also a newbie like you. Can you give me your contact info?

Snorlax

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
balaraman.aravind said:
Anyone know how to make wire transfer to memorial for paying tuition fee
Haha! U should have asked on FB , Aravind Garu. Just mail cashier@mun.ca and tell him that u wanna pay your fees in advance. He will then send u the account Information within a day and also suggest you some ways to pay ur fee. In my case ,I chose bank wire transfer n he sent me the account details immediately.

prashant786

Jun 28, 2014
GUJARAT,INDIA
NOC Code......
hello members of mun,
i am prashant patel from india. and completed my diploma,bachelor and master of pharmacy here.
i wants to apply at mun in ph.d in pharmacy.so, my query is how i get admission at mun?. i completed my 8 years pharmacy studies in english and i have certificate too.
can i wieve of from ielts?and tell me about detail about all procedure to get admission at mun.i.e find supervisor,ielts etc.
your help regarding this matter will be greately appreciated.
furthur thanks for reading.
thanks.

stevwonders

May 10, 2017
Please I need help about mun, wanna apply for their graduate diploma in safety and risk engineering. I graduated with a 3.02 out of 5.0, will I be eligible for the admission ?

albyjose

Jan 31, 2016
Did anyone successfully payed tuition fees? Cashiers office says that we can pay fees but only after registering the amount will be reflected in our student account. Now registration dates are in the month of July,by then it will be way too late to apply for study permit.

So,as a proof of payment of tuition fees, Is wiring details from our bank enough to apply for study permit?