+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland, Fall 2019 intake, Questions and Answers

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
OK.

May I know what you think about the duration of PGWP [Work Permit] which we can/will get after the course?

The course describe itself as less than 2 years. But, can we make it extended by doing more subjects i.e. the course required 15 credits for this PGD course. Can we do take more subjects to make it more than 2 years to get 3 years of Work Permit.

Let me know your view on this.

Thanks and Regards
Here is some info that I think you should consult to get answers to your questions: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html

codename205

Mar 13, 2019

It seems that I will get 1 year PGWP because:

The selected course [PGD in Communication Engineering] possess 15 credits.
There are 5 subjects in this course, each carrying the weightage of 3 credits each.
3 Subjects are compulsory and further, 2 courses are electives [We have to choose 2 from the list of 5 electives]. Each subject takes a term to complete. Hence, in this way, 5 subjects will take 5 terms i.e. 16-20 months atmost.

Still, is there any chance of 3 years PGWP? Or should I do PGD in Safety and Risk Management for better chances of 3 years PGWP? [In the case I didn't get admit for any masters [MASc. or MEng] after my PGD in communication engineering]

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
It seems that I will get 1 year PGWP because:

The selected course [PGD in Communication Engineering] possess 15 credits.
There are 5 subjects in this course, each carrying the weightage of 3 credits each.
3 Subjects are compulsory and further, 2 courses are electives [We have to choose 2 from the list of 5 electives]. Each subject takes a term to complete. Hence, in this way, 5 subjects will take 5 terms i.e. 16-20 months atmost.

Still, is there any chance of 3 years PGWP? Or should I do PGD in Safety and Risk Management for better chances of 3 years PGWP? [In the case I didn't get admit for any masters [MASc. or MEng] after my PGD in communication engineering]
I think you should keep both options open. Wait for response. Once you have decision outcomes then decide. Choose that suits your needs. One should never put all the eggs into one basket.

codename205

Mar 13, 2019
I think you should keep both options open. Wait for response. Once you have decision outcomes then decide. Choose that suits your needs. One should never put all the eggs into one basket.
Yeah, I agree. Applied for U of S and U of A for MEng in electrical engineering. Got rejected from U of S. Very slim chances for U of A [Alberta]. Hence, MUN is the only option left for me now, for sept 2019 intake. Otherwise, will apply for winter intake in other universities. Never loose hope though.:p

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Yeah, I agree. Applied for U of S and U of A for MEng in electrical engineering. Got rejected from U of S. Very slim chances for U of A [Alberta]. Hence, MUN is the only option left for me now, for sept 2019 intake. Otherwise, will apply for winter intake in other universities. Never loose hope though.:p
You have a lot of time. Don't worry. MUN will have a good news for you.

codename205

Mar 13, 2019
You have a lot of time. Don't worry. MUN will have a good news for you.
What will MUN give priority to?

Full application submitted, low profile, eligible for unconditional offer letter OR

considering unofficially documented submitted, high profile, eligible for conditional offer letter

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
What will MUN give priority to?

Full application submitted, low profile, eligible for unconditional offer letter OR

considering unofficially documented submitted, high profile, eligible for conditional offer letter
In my experiences, it all depends on the number of applications they receive. So cannot say anything about it.

jayeshder

Feb 20, 2019
Hello everybody,

I have applied at Meemorial university of Newfoundland in M.Eng in mechanical for fall 2019 but application status still showing "ready for review".

What are my chances to get admission. My profile is as below.
10th - 86%
12th - 70%
BE Mechanical - 7.72/10
IELTS - 6.5 (Not less than 6 in each module)

codename205

Mar 13, 2019
Hello everybody,

I have applied at Meemorial university of Newfoundland in M.Eng in mechanical for fall 2019 but application status still showing "ready for review".

10th - 86%
12th - 70%
BE Mechanical - 7.72/10
did any supervisor supported your application yet?

Rifak

Oct 8, 2018
Hello everybody,

10th - 86%
12th - 70%
BE Mechanical - 7.72/10

When was the deadline? Was it Dec 1st?

Rifak

Oct 8, 2018

Ok then but I'm sorry to say this. Your chances for acceptance might be low. I'm not saying this based on your profile but the it took. I'm not 100% sure. That's what I think. Coz me too have applied for M.Eng prpgrpr for 19 fall and my application was rejected. I received a mail saying this in mid Jan. They usually send LOA in February. So I think it's better you contact the graduate office

jayeshder

Feb 20, 2019
Ok then but I'm sorry to say this. Your chances for acceptance might be low. I'm not saying this based on your profile but the it took. I'm not 100% sure. That's what I think. Coz me too have applied for M.Eng prpgrpr for 19 fall and my application was rejected. I received a mail saying this in mid Jan. They usually send LOA in February. So I think it's better you contact the graduate office
I mailed them few days ago. They told me that "Now applications are being reviewed. Decision will be made by end of April.