+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland, Fall 2019 intake, Questions and Answers

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Is there anything else I need to show as proof of funding????
Not necessarily. If you have a statement in your name then that's the best thing. But you need to be able to justify THE SOURCE of your money. Where it came from? That's a key part. They will question where did he/she got his/her money.

Nirva111

Mar 5, 2019
Hi everyone:

I am hoping to connect with all candidates who have applied for the Memorial University for Fall 2019 intake. If you are one with offers from the University or even awaiting a response to your application. feel free to comment, ask, and answer queries for those in need.

Looking forward to getting in touch with all of concerned.

Best wishes,
Mustunsir
Hi, I got the acceptance letter from Memorial for MSc in Operation Management program. Did your letter specify the exact tuition fee to be paid? My letter has only mentioned the scholarship amount given to me. Don't we need to pay our first year fee in order to convince visa department of our financial stability? Im

student-life

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Not necessarily. If you have a statement in your name then that's the best thing. But you need to be able to justify THE SOURCE of your money. Where it came from? That's a key part. They will question where did he/she got his/her money.
It was transferred from my Father's account, should I be showing his bank statement too?
Mine is a joint account with my dad, is that a problem?

student-life

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Hi, I got the acceptance letter from Memorial for MSc in Operation Management program. Did your letter specify the exact tuition fee to be paid? My letter has only mentioned the scholarship amount given to me. Don't we need to pay our first year fee in order to convince visa department of our financial stability? Im
Wow...Congratulations!
Did your status change from complete: ready for review before receiving the offer letter?
Can you also share your profile and timeline?

Nirva111

Mar 5, 2019
Wow...Congratulations!
Did your status change from complete: ready for review before receiving the offer letter?
Can you also share your profile and timeline?
I didn't look at the status at first. I got the acceptance letter in first week of February. Then I logged into my account and it said that the decision has been made.
My profile:
BBA graduate
CGPA 3.88 out of 4
Ielts 7.5 no less than 7
GRE 3.11
Strong LORs
I applied in december 1.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
It was transferred from my Father's account, should I be showing his bank statement too?
Mine is a joint account with my dad, is that a problem?
I don't think so. You should attach proof of your father's source of income i.e., salary stubs or whatever else. So they know where the money comes from. Rest is fined. If your father is a job holder his employment letter as well as tax return slip all that you can provide easily.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Congratulations! You may go ahead and pay the fees. But that's not a requirement from the embassy. Totally your call.

My letter does not specify the tuition feed. When I asked them about this they urged me to use the minimum expense sheet available here: http://www.mun.ca/sgs/MinimumExpense.pdf for all concerns related to tuition and other estimates. So feel free to use it. Where will you apply for the visa?

Nirva111

Mar 5, 2019
Congratulations! You may go ahead and pay the fees. But that's not a requirement from the embassy. Totally your call.

My letter does not specify the tuition feed. When I asked them about this they urged me to use the minimum expense sheet available here: http://www.mun.ca/sgs/MinimumExpense.pdf for all concerns related to tuition and other estimates. So feel free to use it. Where will you apply for the visa?
Im applying to CHC India. I'm from Nepal. I heard that without depositing fees visa chances are very low so I was worried about this. Also, do you have any knowledge regarding gap year? I graduated in December 2017 and had been preparing for IELTS and gre after that. I only started working in November 2018 till feb 2019. I don't know how to explain this gap and sudden job termination in my application.Any advice would be appreciated.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Im applying to CHC India. I'm from Nepal. I heard that without depositing fees visa chances are very low so I was worried about this. Also, do you have any knowledge regarding gap year? I graduated in December 2017 and had been preparing for IELTS and gre after that. I only started working in November 2018 till feb 2019. I don't know how to explain this gap and sudden job termination in my application.Any advice would be appreciated.
I guess you do can say that you had a job contract that covers your study gap. Best thing would be to show that you were working. And people do have things to say about the upfront fee. Yes, it does indicate you are a serious and concerned student. But before you pay, make sure you will get back your money in case your visa is rejected for whatever reasons. And do not list your job termination. Just say that you contracted ended. And the duration of your study gap was actually your working time. That's all. All the best with your visa application.

How are you planning to show your Proof of funds? Bank Statement or study loan?

student-life

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
I didn't look at the status at first. I got the acceptance letter in first week of February. Then I logged into my account and it said that the decision has been made.
My profile:
BBA graduate
CGPA 3.88 out of 4
Ielts 7.5 no less than 7
GRE 3.11
Strong LORs
I applied in December 1.
Excellent Profile ......Congratulations!!!
Thank you so much for sharing the timeline and profile.:)

student-life

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
I don't think so. You should attach proof of your father's source of income i.e., salary stubs or whatever else. So they know where the money comes from. Rest is fined. If your father is a job holder his employment letter as well as tax return slip all that you can provide easily.
Thank you that was very useful.

Nirva111

Mar 5, 2019
I guess you do can say that you had a job contract that covers your study gap. Best thing would be to show that you were working. And people do have things to say about the upfront fee. Yes, it does indicate you are a serious and concerned student. But before you pay, make sure you will get back your money in case your visa is rejected for whatever reasons. And do not list your job termination. Just say that you contracted ended. And the duration of your study gap was actually your working time. That's all. All the best with your visa application.

How are you planning to show your Proof of funds? Bank Statement or study loan?
Wont property valuation, education loan and annual income be enough? Do we need to show bank balance as well? I don't think anyone keeps that much of money idle in bank.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Wont property valuation, education loan and annual income be enough? Do we need to show bank balance as well? I don't think anyone keeps that much of money idle in bank.
Yes, those can work for you. It totally depends on your country and visa center. So requirements vary by country. Based on whatever I have understood so far I can tell that a bank statement under your name is the best thing one should have for submitting a strong application.