+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland, Fall 2019 intake, Questions and Answers

codename205

Mar 13, 2019
Can somebody evaluate my profile and chances for admission in MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY OF NEWFOUNDLAND in the PG DIPLOMA course of MECHATRONICS for Sept. 2019 intake?

Profile -

Grade 10 - 86%
Grade 12 - 78%
Btech [Electronics and Communication] - CGPA - 7.78/10, equivalent to 69.2% [Semester 7/8, last semester result pending]

IELTS [L-6.5, R-6.5, S-7, W-7, Overall - 7]

I asked from the department about how the decisions are really made and is it necessary to submit official documents for the decision to be made [Provisional] or to review the application. They replied that:
Decisions can still be made from your unofficial documents [documents sent by me via email]. But official documents is necessary for the admission to the university.

student-life

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Your profile is impressive try to prepare a strong SOP and CV, also good recommendation letters. Most important be positive.
All the Best!

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
I sent all the documents on October 2018 itself. Application deadline was on December 15 2018 and my application status is still 'complete - ready for review'. I applied for 2019 fall intake.

Mun website shows decisions will be notified in March.

I am from India. :)
Well, it all depends on the Department you have applied to. Sometimes they receive more application then they can process so that could be one reason why you are not notified. Another reason could be that you're on the waitlist as they may have made initial offers. If someone drops then they will notify you. But it totally department-based things. These two possibilities are the only logical explanation here for you to keep in mind for now.