+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mega Thread - 2020/2021 Online Applications

from_india_to_canada

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Considering that online applications have their own uniqueness being a new pilot program, and month-specific applications belong to their own thread

I am starting this thread for ALL online applicants, till the end of 2021, for their discussions to communicate about their progress.

Feel free to post questions here.

Note:

This is not meant to replace the month-specific tracking thread, rather a discussion thread for all online threads.

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Thanks.

It is just so confusing and weird that online application is comparatively slower than paper.

any idea if it was the same case during the initial days when the online PR application system was rolled out

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Did anyone call IRCC to check why online applications are so slow compared to paper based applications? I had called IRCC once and they said there is no guarantee of speed at which they process either Paper or Online applications! Typical IRCC response.. Just wanted to check if anyone else had any better luck..

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Did anyone call IRCC to check why online applications are so slow compared to paper based applications? I had called IRCC once and they said there is no guarantee of speed at which they process either Paper or Online applications! Typical IRCC response.. Just wanted to check if anyone else had any better luck..
CIC is right, there is no link that says online should be faster.

Reactions: GokulGuruprasad

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
CIC is right, there is no link that says online should be faster.
Correct, but there is also no link which says it will be slower than Paper .. Anyways, i think you misunderstood - i did not ask them whether online be faster or slower, i asked whether processing speed for paper and online will be same/comparable or not, they said nothing can be guaranteed..

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Correct, but there is also no link which says it will be slower than Paper .. Anyways, i think you misunderstood - i did not ask them whether online be faster or slower, i asked whether processing speed for paper and online will be same/comparable or not, they said nothing can be guaranteed..
To be honest there is no such thing as processing times in covid times. Based on restrictions in some provinces, offices might be closed.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Thanks.

It is just so confusing and weird that online application is comparatively slower than paper.

any idea if it was the same case during the initial days when the online PR application system was rolled out
There is no guarantee that any of them would be faster than the other.

From a personal perspective, I'm a paper applicant from March 2020; when I applied online application was not even an option for me (even though I'm single and the application is straightforward).

I'd be extremely cross if my application were processed slower than someone who applied in December 2020 or later - there is some value to a person waiting in queue for a long time and I wouldn't appreciate being short-circuited for someone else who applied online (the choice to apply by paper was not mine; it was the only option available at the time)

If they are going sequentially (which it seems like) then I believe they're being fair.

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
There is no guarantee that any of them would be faster than the other.

From a personal perspective, I'm a paper applicant from March 2020; when I applied online application was not even an option for me (even though I'm single and the application is straightforward).

I'd be extremely cross if my application were processed slower than someone who applied in December 2020 or later - there is some value to a person waiting in queue for a long time and I wouldn't appreciate being short-circuited for someone else who applied online (the choice to apply by paper was not mine; it was the only option available at the time)

If they are going sequentially (which it seems like) then I believe they're being fair.
I understand and agree with you to an extent.
But the issue is that even online applicants that applied same date with paper applications, are not getting feedback and slow. So this your analogy would then be flawed, because if it was sequential, an online applicant should be getting feedback at the same time with a paper applicant who applied the same date.

Reactions: Goldenita

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
I understand and agree with you to an extent.
But the issue is that even online applicants that applied same date with paper applications, are not getting feedback and slow. So this your analogy would then be flawed, because if it was sequential, an online applicant should be getting feedback at the same time with a paper applicant who applied the same date.
I believe the way it is being processed is that a bunch of applications are being sent to an officer, and the speeds of individual officers vary as do the complexity of applications, hence there's a bit of leeway expected there.

There is no proof that this is exactly the way it is happening, but going through multiple threads & looking at sequences and patterns, this is the way it seems to be happening.

So, even though processing is sequential, due to differences in speeds of various officers & application complexity there is some leeway which creeps in.

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Online was a pilot. I think it’s safe to surmise IRCC is focused on clearing all backlogs from 2019 - 2020; except in cases of urgent processing which they treat on case by case basis. When the pilot was announced, there wasn’t mention of timelines nor speed, and most people assumed that it would be faster than paper. It will be but I doubt if it’s at this pilot stage ...only when IRCC has fully transitioned citizenship app online. For now, it makes sense for them to finish up on past years’ backlogs and finesse their transition plans.

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
I believe the way it is being processed is that a bunch of applications are being sent to an officer, and the speeds of individual officers vary as do the complexity of applications, hence there's a bit of leeway expected there.

There is no proof that this is exactly the way it is happening, but going through multiple threads & looking at sequences and patterns, this is the way it seems to be happening.

So, even though processing is sequential, due to differences in speeds of various officers & application complexity there is some leeway which creeps in.
Oh i see though...

You have a great point.

brunostephan

Apr 13, 2021
Hello Guys, I applied at the third week of december, I still didn't have a postal or email AOR, am i the only one in this situation ?